“My grandfather retired”

Iron Gate Inn
Montgomery, Alabama
“My grandfather retired”
Reviewed August 28, 2013

Hey yall. So please to hear such wonderful things about our food. I am one of the granddaughters of the owner. The grandchildren have recently had our own children and my grandfather decided after 37 years of serving others it was time to spend time with family and his new great grand babies. If any of you knew my grandfather the way I did you would know he wasn't into decor but more into his food which was his proud and joy. We all miss the restaurant very much. God bless yall ♥

• Visited August 2013

Dover, Delaware
“Is this Place Still Open”
Reviewed August 11, 2013

Ok, I drive by here a lot, and honestly never see any cars out front, so I really don't know if this place is still open for business or not?

Visited May 2013
Townsend, Delaware
“Important Update-Restaurant Closed”
Reviewed July 31, 2012

An institution,here for over 40 years,which I visited in May,is closed. I checked with several locals and apparently a very sudden deciscion. Phone # says disconnected and no further information. No where to go for a KILLER Prime Rib now. $30,but what a meal!

Visited July 2012
2 Thank HonestGuyDelaware
Dover, Delaware
“Dinner at Iron Gate”
Reviewed May 11, 2012

The restaurant get its name from an iron gate on the wall which was purchased from a DuPont. The food is great, the service is excellent and price is right.

Visited March 2012
“Odd, but a great meal”
Reviewed March 18, 2012

The location doesn't complement the meal at all. Prices are a little steep, but the food is all great and you get big homestyle portions. The Prime Rib and steaks are absolutely enormous and all the seafood is to die for. Definitely a must-try.