“A great place”

Cuisines: Greek
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed October 16, 2012

We have come to Stella's for almost ten years now.
Food is so nice and the atmosphere is dreamy.
It has always been warm and welcoming but since the son is active it has improved in every way.
One of the best places on Samos for lunch and dinner.
And..I might add.. the most romantic place on the island of Samos.

2  Thank marja b

Reviewed October 12, 2012

lovely food and great hospitality in a super greek setting , just do not change a thing good is good

Reviewed September 17, 2012

I have been coming to Balos for four years now. The first time I visited Stella's I was a little unsure about it, as there was no menu and they specialise in oven-roasted meats and I am virtually vegetarian. However, it turns out that Kyriakos (Stella's son/waiter/assistant chef) is the talking menu! The menu changes daily depending on what is available. The fish is caught, not farmed, and the vegetables are mostly grown in Nico's garden, as are all the herbs.
Although I love visiting Greece, I do get a little bored with greek food after a while. Stella's cuisine is Cypriot - similar to Greek but more subtle and refined. Good fresh ingredients cooked simply. And did I mention the herbs?

Every year, they try to come up with new and interesting vegetarian and fish dishes for me. The Cypriot salad is beautiful and the side dishes of fried courgettes and aubergines are superb. This year I had vegetarian moussaka and have been promised courgette flowers stuffed with shrimp meat next year. Kyriakos and Stella are always trying to come up with something different.
Stella, Nico and Kyriakos are very welcoming too - you feel like a member of the family. I look forward to coming back next year.

Reviewed September 2, 2012

Loved the simplicity. No menu. The waiter just tells you what the have on the menu. No prices. He told us most things were between 8 10 euros but if they went beyond this he would come and tell us. Gave us complementary ouzo and dessert. Food was amazing ....... Sea Bream to die for and the most delicious baked cheeses. Would highly recommend.

2  Thank grace499520
Reviewed August 20, 2012

No menu and the owners talk you through the availability, lots from the oven and their own garden. We ate there every other day. As a vegetarian I was able to put in requests, I had stuffed vegetables one night and the often requested spinach pie which they made me. My wife loved all the meat dishes and you couldn't fault the service and the food.

1  Thank Matt C