We have planned a trip with my family to the Krakatau in April and we have to stay one night in some hotels in Carita beach somewhere, being difficult to judge on the internet etc...we decided with my wife to just go there and see for ourselfs the area.
We left Jakarta one morning and drove to Cilegon without too many headache, then we found a completly demolished road for about 20kms, whoever runs that province should be ashamed leaving that road in such a state, enormous deep pot holes full of water so you don't really know whether your car is going to make it any further or not !
We had booked a suit in Mutiara Carita, went there and left because of the poor state of maintenance of the place.
We ended up in Hawai Club Bali resort, we were most welcome and asked to see three different rooms, we took a room with two bedrooms in the front with view on the sea.
First the AC's filters, three of them were completly blocked obviously never cleaned, I took them out and cleaned them up. The position of the bedrooms are kind of funny, the main bedroom has a windows facing the hotel corridor where everybody passes by....it is quite dark in there with insufficient lighting, the other bedroom has only one window up the wall also facing the hotel corridor . The bathroom is very narrow, wet and dark. The toilet in between the bedroom was stinking... very bad. Main sitting room area not to bad. Balcony with view on the Krakatau. We had lunch/breakfast and dinner in the resto, it was standard with the other hotel in the area. Good friendly crew and expat owner/manager.
WIFI and good TV chanels in the rooms.
The place needs good follow up on maintenance otherwise it will fall apart very fast!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Full service All Suites resort property located on the Sunda Straits with Stunning Views of the infamous Krakatau Island. The property offers guests a chance to either relax and enjoy the surroundings or part take of exciting trips including visits to Krakatau, Ujong Kulong National Park, Historical Banten Lama ( the repuded location where Islam originated in Indonesia. A destination not to be missed ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Orbitz, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Expedia, Priceline, Travelocity, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hawaii Resort Family Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hawaii a Club Bali Hotel Java
- Hawaii Resort Family Suites Anyer, Banten Province