“Dirty”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed June 19, 2013 via mobile

Seated at a dirty table. Trash, old food under the table
$10 to park reimbursed with food purchase. We bought 2 drinks and left. Never again..

Martha S, Manager at Rusty Rudder, responded to this reviewResponded August 17, 2013

We're sorry to hear that you did not enjoy your experience at the Rusty Rudder. From your review it sounds like you had only drinks and not food, it also sounds like you sat outside on our deck and not in the dining room. We serve tens of thousands of customers every summer, both inside and outside on our deck, and strive to keep our restaurant clean despite the high volume. Every table is cleaned between customers--the top and underneath. We are surprised to hear that you found items under your table and we apologize. With regard to the parking, we do charge $10 up front and then apply a $10 credit to your bill (food or drink). Dewey Beach is a resort community with limited parking, we are one of only a handful businesses with a parking lot. This system ensures that our parking lot is available for our customers at no charge. We would like the opportunity to earn your business in the future and hope that you will give us another chance.

Reviewed June 7, 2013

I had dinner last Saturday evening. We had the seafood buffet which was awesome!...The Tilapia in lobster sauce was to die for! We are big seafood fans, there was plenty of food and choices also....we were stuffed! I will go there again! The service was awesome too :), the price was excellent compared to other places we have been to, I highly recommend Rusty Rudder's!

Martha S, Manager at Rusty Rudder, responded to this reviewResponded August 12, 2013

Thank you so much for your wonderful review of the Rusty Rudder. We're proud of our all you can eat land and sea buffet and it really makes us happy to hear how much you enjoyed it. Our chef was particularly pleased to see your comments about the tilapia in lobster sauce. While we are primarily a vacation destination, it is gratifying to hear from local folks like you, who know the area well and chose to frequent our restaurant. We appreciate your business and hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed March 25, 2013

I'm a local....used to love going to 'the rudder'......last time I was there it was too expensive, too noisy, and not pleasant staff.

Reviewed October 2, 2012

We ate at the bar and enjoyed our crab cakes and drinks. Staff friendly and helpful. It was packed there with tons of Elvis impersonators for the weekend festival there. We really enjoyed it. If you love Elvis you will enjoy this yearly event there.

Reviewed September 1, 2012

On my recent visit to Dewey Beach I found it very difficult to find a restaurant with a "true" dinner menu...not just sandwiches and burgers. This is how I ended up at the Rusty Rudder. They serve a very large buffet, which I did not try so I can't comment on that. However, their dinner menu was decent. The prices were a bit high for what you received, but the food was good. Nothing spectacular but a safe bet! The service was very good.