Atlantic View Hotel
Hyatt Place Dewey Beach(Dewey Beach)(Great Value!)
$149
$131
Hotel Dewey(Dewey Beach)
Beach House Dewey(Dewey Beach)(Great Value!)
$99
TripAdvisor
Gold Leaf Hotel(Dewey Beach)
Bellbuoy Motel(Dewey Beach)
  • Free Internet
Sea Esta Motels IV(Dewey Beach)
TripAdvisor
All reviewscookieswine and cheesebeach chairscrackersquicheno elevatorfourth floorsound of the wavescontinental breakfastocean frontmary louoceanfront roombeachfront locationsmall hotelnice breakfastprivate balconyevery evening
FilterAll languages
Reviewed September 8, 2012

We always stay at the Atlantic View but this trip was outstanding. We always feel welcome, the unit is clean and provides a wonderful view of the ocean with easy access. The upgraded breakfast and evening cookies were a nice surprise. The attention to a quiet atmosphere is especially relaxing. We open the screen door and are lulled to sleep by the waves. Complementary beach chairs is also a plus. The staff is inviting and very accommodating. Already reserved our next visit.

Room Tip: While there is no fitness center...climbing the stairs gets your heart rate up and walking on the beach is great exercise! Stay on 2nd floor and up for best ocean views.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 5, 2012

The entire exterior of the hotel was painted since the last time I was here, and it looks wonderful. The room was comfortable, quiet, clean. Convenient drives to Rehoboth, Bethany, Fenwick or even Ocean City make this a great location to be close but not in the hustle and bustle of those mentioned, however the restaurants and shopping are all within easy reach. I like the Atlantic View because it offers all the amenities necessary for a restful stay, and it's right on the beach. The only minor complaint I have is that they charge 25 cents for ice. Really? I've never heard of such a thing, but that's minor. I've stayed here before, and I'll come back again.

Room Tip: Even the west facing rooms are nice for watching the sunsets, and if you want the beach view you can walk up to the 4th floor sun deck. Some people like to see the ocean from their room. I kinda enjoyed a west facing room with a balcony overlooking the parking lot.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed August 27, 2012

My family stayed at the Atlantic view this past weekend (long weekend). This is the 3rd time that we have stayed at this motel. I believe the first time was in 2007. Each time we have been there, the property and our experience has improved. Like some reviewers have mentioned, the rooms and bathrooms can be a little small, but they are comfortable, nonetheless. The staff does a good job at keeping the place clean, which isn't always easy being a motel right on the beach. The staff has always been friendly and helpful. The location is great, especially if you are traveling with children. Not having to cross a busy highway or walk several blocks to reach the beach is fantastic.

The only criticism, and this is small'ish, was that my wife found something on the floor next to the bed frame that someone from a previous party apparently dropped on the floor. It wasn't anything gross or disgusting, but should have been found when the room was cleaned. In any event, I reported to the manager and she took care of the issue. What blew me away, was how quickly she handled the issue. Since the hotel was being cleaned when I reported the issue, the cleaning staff was in the process of cleaning the rooms. By the time that I got up to the third floor where our room was, the manager was on the walky-talky talking to the cleaning staff about the issue. She was extremely prompt at handling the issue and polite with her staff. Kudos on handling the issue so promptly and professionally!

I would definitely recommend this property to most people looking to stay in the Dewey and Rehoboth Beach area. I look forward to going back to the Atlantic View in the future.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
SEABOARDHOTELS, Owner at Atlantic View Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 3, 2012

We appreciate the fact that you took the time to review the Atlantic and we are thankful. We are thankful for your kind words and for choosing to stay with us again during your visit to the beach. I apologize for the item that was found but I am happy to read that Shirley was prompt in rectifying the problem. We want to be ahead of the game but when we fail we want to be sure to make it right as quickly as possible. We will always be working to improve and make every stay better than the last.
Atlantic View/ Seaboard Hotels

Reviewed August 25, 2012

This was a last minute trip planned for the beach which turned out to be wonderful.The hotel has a more intimate feeling then the larger hotel chains.Our past trips have been all to the New Jersey beaches.The hotels in the jersey shore are more expensive especially the hotels with beach front rooms.No beach tags required and the beaches are cleaner and the surf more fun.The staff at the hotel was very pleasant.The free breakfast was an extended continental breakfast that was tasty.The wine available after 5pm to 7pm and coffee all day and cookies at night were all nice touches. We will definitely return for a beach vacation again.This was an excellent deal for the money.The Jersey shore takes second place to the Delaware beaches.Lynn C

Room Tip: Ocean front rooms in this hotel are the best.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family

Thank you Lynn for the great review and for choosing to stay with us at the Atlantic View. We love showing the Jersey Shore regulars what awesome beaches and hospitality we offer in Delaware. We love it more when you come back again and again so we will look forward to your next visit. Thanks again.
Avenue Inn/ Seaboard Hotels

Reviewed August 17, 2012

This was a terrific hotel right on the beach. Very well run, lots of nice touches. My husband loved the late afternoon wine, my son loved the night-time cookies, I loved the coffee available all day, and we all loved the great breakfasts. Nice little pool, free beach chairs to use, great deck on the fourth floor looking out over the beach. Terrific location. Only one negative I noticed in four days: sometimes the water temperature was erratic, but just a little.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
SEABOARDHOTELS, Owner at Atlantic View Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 20, 2012

It is really neat to read that we offered something special for everyone in your family. I greatly appreciate you staying with us at the Atlantic View and for you taking the time to share your experience on Tripadvisor.
Cheers,