“Ok stay but would rather go to dog free beach.”

Atlantic View Hotel
Ranked #2 of 13 Hotels in Dewey Beach
Reviewed June 21, 2012

Older hotel, NO elevator to upstairs. If you want to see the the beach you have to have a 2nd, 3rd or 4th floor room. We had a 3rd floor. 4th floor has a nice large balcony with lounge chairs but they are noisy when your room is under it. Ac was turned off so we has to let the door open to outside for air. The room did smell a bit musty but after having the door open it did freshen up a bit. Bathroom was to small we were banging the walls everytime we used it.
Our room with 2 queen sized beds was a bit to small too, no chairs other than the 2 for the table 2 more would have been nice. Staff was very friendly. They have cookies everynight for the kids and family and drinks in the office (open til 11:00 PM open again at 8:00 Am). Free breakfast each morning. They also have beach chairs you can check out at the desk but must return them or you pay $40.00 each. The glass door to the upstairs was smashed when we arrived but was quickly fixed. Our glass door lock did not work but since the AC was off we let it open anyway for air. Our beds were very firm, I had to use pain pills daily just to be able to sleep on my bed/rock each night and was still up every hour so Icould get up and move before getting back on the rock for another hour.

Would not return to this hotel again but not the hotels fault it is the beach law that permits dogs that turned us off. We sat daily on our balcony and watch dog owners pretend they didn't see their dog take a dump. One guy let his dalmation take a dump called the dog and the dog went again so he covered up most of it and them put a little in his bag. He then walked into the water and threw it into the ocean where we had been swimming daily. A real turn off!
Hotel location is great but the dog doo-doo stunts were a real turn off. Was waken up at 5:00 AM one morning when 3 dogs got into a fight on the beach, nice alarm, NOT!

Room Tip: Get a top floor room for view and quiet. Watch for dog doo-doo!
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank PAhitstheRoad

Reviewed June 7, 2012

Stayed here for Memorial Day weekend with my boyfriend and we absolutely loved it. Very clean! Very accomodating staff! They provide beach chairs for all hotel guests. Wonderful location, right on the beach and very close to all the bars. Would definitely stay there again. This is the cleanest hotel I have stayed in at Dewey. Also the breakfast was great and we loved that they had cookies at 7p.m. for all guests, definitely had a B&B feel to it.

Room Tip: Stay on the ocean side!
4  Thank Emily N
Reviewed May 31, 2012

We selected this hotel based on TA reviews and we were not disappointed. Arrived a 5 to wine and snacks. Our room had a fantastic view. Price was reasonable. Location perfect. Breakfast (included) was very pleasant. We have already booked a return with friends.

Room Tip: Second floor or higher ocean view.
1  Thank FiddlerDoyle
Reviewed May 30, 2012

Perfect vacation.....
I have been coming to the Atlantic View for 9 years...It started out that I just brought my youngest daughter and now I bring my grandchildren...The rooms have always been clean, the staff friendly, and a continental breakfast to meet everyone's needs. Every year something has been added to make my stay even better, like newly designed rooms, new lobby, upgraded breakfast, and even warm cookies at night. I'm coming down again in July and I can't wait...

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed May 22, 2012 via mobile

Very comfortable, clean, friendly, small hotel. Nice continental breakfast in the mornings with delicious coffee and fresh baked cookies at night. Staff very friendly and accommodating to our group. Fantastic location, great oceanfront view, and good mattresses too. Rooms and lobby seemed to be recently updated. Would happily stay here again.

• Stayed: May 2012
2  Thank JeHar
Reviewed May 14, 2012

My Best Friend and I stayed here for my 40th Birthday/Mother's Day get away! When we walked into the lobby we were blown away by the charm and cozy feeling of the motel (it felt more like a cottage to us). Of course we had to use the bathroom when we got there and we amazed at the beauty in the design. As soon as we checked in we got settled in the room which was really nice. There were lots of little touches like soaps from Bed, Bath & Body Works. We were on the 1st floor so we hit the beach right away! The location is perfect! After the beach we laid out at the pool and then headed to a restaurant which we walked to one block away. In the morning we got up early and headed down to the beach to see if we could find some shells. We were caught off guard when we saw something jumping out of the water - it was dolphins! We called our husbands and told them how exciting it was. Then we headed to the breakfast which had so many choices. We loved the little quiches, fruit and the brand name yogurt! We decided to go sit out on the rocking chairs in the front of the place and enjoy the morning air it was so relaxing! In the evening on the way home from the restaurant we had a couple cookies and a glass of wine which hit the spot. We hope to make this a yearly event & I liked it so much I booked a couple of days for my Anniversary in July!

Room Tip: We were on the ground level and I think that is a good idea if you like to be back & forth from...
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank Nicki J
SEABOARDHOTELS, Owner at Atlantic View Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 17, 2012

Thank you for choosing to stay with us at the Atlantic View. I am so happy to read how much you enjoyed the hotel, we have just completed some major renovations and you are describing the exact feel we want our guests to experience as they come through our doors. Thank you for the kind words. We will look forward to seeing you again in July!
Cheers,
Alex Moore
President
Atlantic View / Seaboard Hotels

Reviewed May 2, 2012

We have stayed here in the past, but it had been four years.......were we ever surprised on Sunday when we walked into the NEW lobby to view a total makeover. The rooms have been refurbished as well. Told the staff how excited we were about the transistion to a B&B Hotel, right on the beach! The breakfast is so well done with a nice selection of hot & cold foods. Wine late afternoon and in the evening, chocolate chip cookies! I was really pleasantly surprised and can't wait to go back........SOON! The staff were all very friendly and helpful. Since my husband and I like to chat, we would have our breakfast in the lobby, rather than back in our room, so we could do that....chat....with staff and other guests. Must also mention the view from the 4th floor sun deck.
No complaints......love the "new" Atlantic View!!!

Room Tip: Ocean front on the 2nd or 3rd floor.
1  Thank Donna W

We took on a major project this winter in renovating the lobby and I am happy to say that I believe it turned out as well as you have been kind enough to describe. After 33 years it was time to rejuvenate the hotel by enlarging the lobby to better accommodate our guests. It is wonderful to have you back, we appreciate your business and your taking the time to review the Atlantic View.
Cheers,

Gold Leaf Hotel
#5 of 13 in Dewey Beach
Surf Club Oceanfront Hotel & Beach House
Atlantic Sands Hotel & Conference Center
Atlantic Sands Hotel & Conferenc...
#20 of 27 in Rehoboth Beach
Bethany Beach Ocean Suites Residence Inn by Marriott
Fairfield Inn & Suites Rehoboth Beach

Been to Atlantic View Hotel? Share your experiences!