“Just plain wonderful”

Atlantic View Hotel
Ranked #2 of 13 Hotels in Dewey Beach
Reviewed November 27, 2011

We really loved this hotel. The location, just behind the dunes on Dewey Beach, is wonderful. Off-season prices are very reasonable for the modestly-incomed. We stayed on the third floor on the ocean side & the view is just lovely. The rooms are clean, bright and very comfortable. The staff were extremely friendly and helpful. I was impressed at how the owners strike a balance between keeping a homey feeling to the place while proving the amenities of a high quality chain hotel.

Breakfast is pretty good for a hotel breakfast. The staff provide exceptional chocolate chip cookies every evening, still warm from the oven. Having a sizable fridge and microwave in the room was very helpful for us as we were traveling on a budget & brought a lot of our own food.

The only problem we encountered was not the hotel's fault at all. We visited in the off-season & a dredging/beach replenishment project was going on just a short way down the beach. It was a little noisy & had some bright lights & heavy machinery. Honestly, we did not find it problematic, but I can imagine that some people might. If it was occurring right in front of the hotel, that wouldn't have been too pleasant.

We spent most of our time walking the beach, jumped in the ocean once (in November), visited Rehoboth a few times (just a ~15 walk) and explored Cape Henlopen State Park and Fort Miles. Wonderful trip -- we both highly recommended these digs.

Room Tip: I don't know if all the rooms are the same size, but our room was small-ish. A family of four s...
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled as a couple
3  Thank virginialuv
SEABOARDHOTELS, Owner at Atlantic View Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 27, 2012

Thank you for the review and for choosing to stay with us. Your kind words about the Atlantic View and the experience you had while staying with us is sincerely appreciated. It is unfortaunate that you had to endure the beach replenishment but we now have a big beautiful beach that i hope you will be able to enjoy at a warmer time of the year.
Cheers
President

Reviewed November 13, 2011

We were visiting the Delaware area to view real estate possiblities. Atlantic View was perfect for our needs. Rooms were clean and well maintained. Beds were comfortable. We had no problem accessing the internet on our laptops and we were on the third floor. Breakfast was fine - there was an assortment of cereals, oatmeal, bagels, muffins, fresh fruit and an assortment of hot breakfast casseroles. Coffee, tea and hot chocolate were available all day and chocolate chip cookies were served. We sat on the sundeck and enjoyed our coffee. Easy access to the beach - very natural and relaxed environment.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to review the hotel. I sincerely appreciate your time to place the review and for choosing to stay with us during your house hunting. If you can't find the perfect place we can be your beach house and you will never have to change your own sheets!
President

Reviewed October 17, 2011

My boyfriend and I were here the first week of October 2011 and had a delightful time. The views from the fourth floor sundeck, adjacent to our room, were amazing. This hotel is exactly what it claims to be: small but clean, with very accommodating and hospitable staff members. The breakfast -- while pretty standard for continental -- was hot and fresh, and the all day coffee, tea, and hot chocolate (with fresh cookies at 7!) was a real comfort. The housekeepers (ours was Dashonda) were attentive and friendly, and kept the room spotless throughout our stay. This hotel is one of the cleanest I have stayed in, whether budget or 5-star. The only real complaint we had was the wifi was almost unusable on the fourth floor, though we'd give that up again to have the beautiful sundeck to watch the midnight waves and hold each other. If your concern with a low-priced motel is cleanliness or service, then save the extra money for a boardwalk adventure and stay at the Atlantic View. We might see you there.

Room Tip: Fourth floor has a sundeck but bad wifi, no elevator.
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
SEABOARDHOTELS, Owner at Atlantic View Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 19, 2011

Thank you for choosing to stay with us at the Atlantic View. I sincerely appreciate your business and for taking the time to write a review about your experience. It is great to know you enjoyed your stay so much. You have given what I consider a very accurate description of our hotel and the what we offer our guests. We will be working on improving the wireless service during our off season. Thanks again.
Atlantic VIew / Seaboard Hotels

Reviewed October 10, 2011

My wife and I stayed at the Atlantic View for the first time during Memorial Day weekend 2011. We stayed second floor oceanside and the constant sound of the waves was just awesome. The hotel is older, but we found everything to be in nice shape. Room was clean and in good repair, a/c worked, staff was friendly. No real complaints. Your hotel has a nice out-of-the-way peaceful atmosphere. My only complaint was the young people and their partying, but that isn't your fault, given the weekend that it was. We definitely plan to return.

Room Tip: pick second floor (or higher) oceanside for a great view and sound of the waves.
  • Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple

Thank you for the review and for staying with us at the Atlantic View. I greatly appreciate you choosing to stay with us and for taking the time to share your experience. I am sorry you had to deal with a partying group, we do not allow any activity by a guest that wil disrupt anothers enjoyment. We will look forward to having you as our guest again.
Atlantic View / Seaboard hotels

Reviewed September 30, 2011

This was my second stay and I will say that our first stay went well without any problems which encouraged me to try the motel again. I wound up leaving a day early(gave up a night's prepaid rent which I have never done before). When we arrived the a/c was on full blast and it was very cold in the room so we turned it back some before leaving for the evening. When we returned, my allergies were not pleased by the musty smell in the room which I guess was why the a/c was full blast when we arrived because we turned it back to cold and some of the smell went away but sleeping didn't go well and when my clothes smelled "like the room" the next morning I knew it was time to move on. I include smell in my impression of cleanliness and this time the place just didn't make my cut. Don't know if it was the different season or the different room. Stayed Oceanfront first floor in April and bayside second floor this trip but it was like two different motels. Sorry probably won't return as much as I like the Dewey location.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family

I am very disappointed to read that you did not have as wonderful an experience while staying with us this last time. We had a spell of very high humidity coupled with our oceanside location which may have created a slightly musty odor. It is not due to lack of cleanliness or any other feature attributes to the condition of the hotel. I am sorry we were unable to deliver the stay you had hoped to have with us.

Reviewed September 29, 2011

If you want to stay at a trendy hotel on the boardwalk, then make reservations elsewhere. This is a quiet, older yet well maintained motel that sits right on the beach. A healthy walk to the Rehoboth Beach amenities, ample parking, internet access, all you need for a relaxing vacation without all the crowds. The sound of the waves hitting the beach through the night is just wonderful. The staff couldn't have been friendlier or more helpful.

Room Tip: Check for rooms with a private balcony, or a balcony to share with other guests, your preference.
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled with friends
SEABOARDHOTELS, Owner at Atlantic View Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 3, 2011

I couldn't have said it better. Understand where you are staying before making the reservation and you will have a much more pleasnt experience. We are not a high end hotel but if you want to come to relax and enjoy clean comfortable rooms in an as close to the beach as you can get location, the Atlantic View is your place. I sincerely appreciate you taking the time to review the hotel and for choosing to stay with us.

Reviewed September 25, 2011

We Stayed the week after Irene, so the weather wasnt great, but we really enjoyed our stay. We were on the first floor, so had access to a large patio area right outside our room. The rooms are on the smaller side, but spotlessly clean. Our housekeeper was a doll, and she treated us very well. All the staff was friendly and very helpful in recommending restaurants, and shopping. The pool area was very nice. The beach was absolutely beautiful, and we basically had it to ourselves. I loved seeing all the dogs play too. We had a continental breakfast every morning that was delicious!!! And fresh coffee all day, and chocolate chip cookies every night. We look forward to staying here again soon.

Room Tip: Ocean view is obviously the way to go!
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled with friends
SEABOARDHOTELS, Owner at Atlantic View Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 26, 2011

It is wonderful to read that you enjoyed your stay so much with us at the Atlantic View. We work hard to deliver an enjoyable and relaxing experience at our littel hoteland it is satisfying to know we delivered for you. I sincerely appreciate you taking the time to write a review and for choosing to stay with us. We hope to have you as our guests again.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Dewey Beach
Gold Leaf Hotel
#5 of 13 in Dewey Beach
Surf Club Oceanfront Hotel & Beach House
Atlantic Sands Hotel & Conference Center
Atlantic Sands Hotel & Conferenc...
#20 of 27 in Rehoboth Beach
Bethany Beach Ocean Suites Residence Inn by Marriott
Fairfield Inn & Suites Rehoboth Beach

Been to Atlantic View Hotel? Share your experiences!