“Not Fancy, but it Worked.” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Bellbuoy Motel

Bellbuoy Motel
Ranked #7 of 13 Hotels in Dewey Beach
baltimore, md
“Not Fancy, but it Worked.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 26, 2009

I wanted to go to the Running of the Bull. I deceded that 2 weeks prior to the event. I didn't leave myself with a lot of choices. But I found the Bellbuoy Motel. The owner was pleasant on the phone during reservations. When we got there, we checked in before noon, since the room was already prepared. On Sunday, when we left, after we checked out they let us continue to park our car in their lot, and shower up in their shower, after spending the day at the beach. It was a nice, friendly, pleasant stay, a block from the ocean.
Was the room a 5*? Absolutely not. Was the room worth what I paid? Probably not. But it was clean, the air conditioner, fridge, shower, toilet, tv & drapes worked. And really? That's all I need at the beach.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Sterling, VA
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 4, 2008

My husband and I stayed at this motel many times. In fact, my husband stayed there many years before the current owners took over. The owners knew us by name. We booked our room with them and they never asked for a deposit - never did before. If they wanted a deposit, we would have given them our credit card at time we booked our reservation. We arrived on a Friday in July and when the owner saw us he said that he did not have a room for us. We thought he was joking! He said that we never sent in the deposit. Here we were on a Friday night in July, traveled over three hours and had no place to stay. Ok, I could understand a mix up BUT after all the years we stayed there and the dollars spent, the least he could have done was try to find us another room or suggest something. He basically turned his back on us and that was that! We were so upset the way we were treated. Luckily we were able to find somewhere else but we never went back and never will. If you want a nice place that is basically right on the beach go to Adams Ocean - so much better.

• Liked — Location
  • Disliked — No pool, old rooms, the owners
  • Stayed July 2005, traveled with family
5 Thank VADoe

Travelers are raving about these Dewey Beach hotels

new jersey
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 24, 2007

I had booked six weeks in advance, but became very nervous after reading a recent derrogatory review. However, I was relieved to find a very helpful, friendly staff and a clean well maintained room. Would I return? You bet I would! I feel as if I've found a home away from home near my favorite vacation spot.

• Liked — friendly people/ pet friendly
  • Stayed August 2007, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
PA
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 4, 2007

This was the worst hotel experience I have ever had! There were ants all over the bathroom and sinks as well as one roach in the bathtub. The air conditioning did not work right either. The staff gave us a can of Raid as a solution to the bug problem and never fixed the AC. The one staff member was rude to us and was very nosey. That staff member watches all the guests every move and is always lurking around. Very creepy! This hotel exhibits horrible customer service!!!!!

• Liked — location
  • Disliked — customer service
  • Stayed August 2007, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
3 Thank sunseeker1320
USA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 30, 2005

I was at the Bellbuoy from June 26-28th. I have stayed there many times and I highly recommend it! The location is great-the beach is at the end of the street. The motel is quiet, clean, and they have a microwave and fridge.

• Stayed June 2005
3 Thank Amcdon
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 12, 2005

We have stayed at the Bellbuoy several times over the last few years.... It's a terrific, family oriented place within walking distance of all there is to do in Dewey!

Stayed May 2003
Henlopen Hotel
Henlopen Hotel
#18 of 27 in Rehoboth Beach
Atlantic Sands Hotel & Conference Center
Atlantic Sands Hotel & Conferenc...
#17 of 27 in Rehoboth Beach
Beach House Dewey
Beach House Dewey
#4 of 13 in Dewey Beach

Been to Bellbuoy Motel? Share your experiences!