“Really?Additional”

Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed August 10, 2012

Stopped in for a slice of pizza and soda water. Would ya believe $5? The tables haven't been wiped down for god who knows how long? Crotchety old guy behind counter who clearly didn't want to be there. Gave me a cold piece and was annoyed that I asked to heat it up some more. Handled food with bare hands in and out of oven and onto plate. Should have said something but I didn't and now paying for it with stomach issues. Additional guys showed up behind counter and weren't so nice either. This place captures the late bar crowd and isn't a place to normally go to.

Reviewed July 16, 2012

The wife and I along with several friends have gone here twice. Loved it. There is parking out back (although watch the high curb in the first parking spot). The first time we sat at the bar. Had a personal pizza which was delicious and enjoyed my first (but not last) chunky monkey shot. If you like alcohol, chocolate and a smoothie texture you'll love these.
The next visit we sat in the dining area. We had the best shrimp bisque I have ever had in my mouth. The veal parm was delicious. Everything was served quickly, hot, and well presented.
I'm in my 60s and have been around a bit. This spot is now one of my favorites at the beach.
Not to loud, not to illuminated, great service, great food, easy parking, and the bathrooms were clean. What else could you ask for.

1  Thank Frederick T
Reviewed July 15, 2012

Enjoyed my meal of Veal Marsala over pasta ($20). Could have had a little more veal and less pasta. Pasta dishes began at ~$15. so it did not make sense to order just pasta. A little pricey for the product. Location is nice with metered parking adjacent for families with young children (half of our party), the rest of us walked.

1  Thank DelawareUSA
Reviewed May 22, 2012

This is amazing food! Loved the ravioli! The pizza is amazing too! Also the service is amazing!

1  Thank ehanson123
Reviewed October 2, 2011

Although we've been coming to Dewey for the last 6 years, my wife and I ate here for the first time this year. Mama Maria's is a good, solid, Italian restaurant with the standard Italian menu. I think every halfway decent-sized town and city in the US has a restaurant just like this one. I'm sure they've been in business for decades.

We split a salad (it was a side salad, but plenty for two), and then my wife ordered spaghetti with Bolognese sauce and I had a meatball sub. Both were quite good - not stellar, but good.

There was a fair sized crowd in the place, some of which were doubtless locals that dine here regularly. The staff was friendly, the place was clean, and the prices were reasonable. Since we can walk to this restaurant from our cottage, we'll probably be back.

1  Thank Rute_Boye