“Overpriced; not even local food”
Review of Ed's Chicken & Crabs - CLOSED

Ed's Chicken & Crabs
Reviewed September 22, 2013

Ordered lobster tails to go. Came with corn. I specifically asked if they had LEMON. They said yes. I then asked if they had butter. They said yes. So I spent $20 plus on one dinner of lobster tails. Got back to the hotel and found: the "butter" was that horrible crap like on movie popcorn but worse, and the "lemon" was packages of lemon juice -not fresh. The lobster tails were tiny and tasted like the southern kind, NOT Maine cold water type which I do beleive they had advertised, and they didn't even bother to cut them open or give me a plastic knife with my dinner. I called them from my hotel and asked why they lied about first the lemon then the butter. He said the owner thought people would like the fake butter better because it has no cholesterol. For $20 plus, they could tell you the truth when you ask ahead of time if they have butter and lemon, not lie. And either cut the tail for you or throw in a plastic knife. The corn was swimming in the fake disgusting butter and I threw it away after trying to choke it down. I never would have ordered lobster tails if they hadn't lied about the butter AND the lemon. The lobster tails were dry and tasted like they had been in a freezer. I had the key lime pie for desert and it tasted of freezer burn too. A total waste and rip off. Not worth it.

3  Thank SheBytheBay
There are newer reviews for Ed's Chicken & Crabs

Reviewed September 11, 2013

The food here is bad. very low quality frozen items! the portions are tiny and not worth the price.looks like a nice place with real seafood but more like fast boardwalk food!

3  Thank bella123010
Reviewed August 28, 2013

My sandwich was great-oysters crispy and fresh, fresh bread and good slaw. My husbands fish and chips were beyond greasy-and the fish tasted old/frozen? Steamed shrimp were decent, albeit slightly iodine-y. I guess one needs to know what to order to ensure a good meal.

1  Thank ssproutie
Reviewed August 22, 2013

I am not related to Ed nor am I invested in his establishment. We have been going to Ed's for the last 8-years and have always enjoyed Ed's. His grilled chicken dinner is excellent. It is a marinated half chicken, perfectly cooked, and served with an ear of corn. The steamed shrimp is outstanding. We also like the fried clams, onion rings and sandwiches. The reviews I have read to do not reflect my experience. Ed's is a great beach experience.

2  Thank GastronautWDC
Reviewed August 18, 2013

We were hesitant because of the mixed reviews but tried it anyway and I'm glad we did. My husband had a crab cake sandwich and I had the snow crab legs and we shared the mac and cheese. This was my favorite meal I had all week in Dewey Beach. Prices were reasonable and the staff was helpful. We did sit outside which meant we had to deal with a lot of flies but it wasn't too terrible. The food was delicious and we can't wait to go back next time we are in the area!

1  Thank Sharon C