“Ignore the weak reviews...”
Review of Ed's Chicken & Crabs - CLOSED

Ed's Chicken & Crabs
Annapolis, Maryland, United States
“Ignore the weak reviews...”
Reviewed August 22, 2013

I am not related to Ed nor am I invested in his establishment. We have been going to Ed's for the last 8-years and have always enjoyed Ed's. His grilled chicken dinner is excellent. It is a marinated half chicken, perfectly cooked, and served with an ear of corn. The steamed shrimp is outstanding. We also like the fried clams, onion rings and sandwiches. The reviews I have read to do not reflect my experience. Ed's is a great beach experience.

2 Thank GastronautWDC

Basking Ridge, New Jersey
“Get Your Crab On!”
Reviewed August 18, 2013

We were hesitant because of the mixed reviews but tried it anyway and I'm glad we did. My husband had a crab cake sandwich and I had the snow crab legs and we shared the mac and cheese. This was my favorite meal I had all week in Dewey Beach. Prices were reasonable and the staff was helpful. We did sit outside which meant we had to deal with a lot of flies but it wasn't too terrible. The food was delicious and we can't wait to go back next time we are in the area!

1 Thank Sharon C
Rehoboth Beach, Delaware
“AVOID AT ALL COSTS”
Reviewed August 18, 2013

Wife ordered on dozen "jumbo" crabs. When she went to pick them up, the guy asked a helper to retrieve them from the back. The helper responded, "Where would you like me to find jumbo crabs right now??". The man helping her claimed to actually have them and sent the kid on two separate missions to find them. At this point, visibly irritated, he set off on a mission to retrieve them himself. A helper came back with a box and rang her card for $80 for a dozen jumbo crabs. She then looked in the box at what were not much larger than legal crabs. Told she would have to wait to ask the owner about what must have been a mistake she was avoided by him until she finally left feeling bullied. I tried calling and was told there was nothing I could do but return them. The owner was in the background yelling, "Just hang up, I'll tell you what happened". Pic for reference. http://imgur.com/Gaq9NNx

3 Thank ChickenEdsSucks
“Only the crabs!”
Reviewed July 31, 2013

Rule #1 If anyone in your party does not like crabs do not go to Ed's.

Rule #2 If you think your kids will get turf food (chicken and beef) while you eat crabs do not go to Ed's.

Rule #3 While fried and seasoned shrimp were ok, see Rule #1.

We ordered a burger for one child in our party that was not edible. It was cooked dry and tasteless. Went to staff for a little help and was told "we only cook them well done." Well done is an understatement.

• Visited July 2013
2 Thank Mike11250
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Rude owner makes for bad experience”
Reviewed June 16, 2013

What a rude, un-appreciative man can do is ruin your experience. NEVER AGAIN. Crabs were WAY small and over priced. SKIP IT.

• Visited June 2013