“Nothing But Great Food and Service With a Smile” 5 of 5 bubbles

Gary's Dewey Beach Grill
Ranked #16 of 43 Restaurants in Dewey Beach
Cuisines: American, Bar, Sushi, Pub
Good for: Bar scene, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Wilmington
“Nothing But Great Food and Service With a Smile”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 26, 2012

My husband and I recently ate at Gary's Dewey Beach Grill and thoroughly enjoyed our dining experience. The beachy atmosphere as well as the friendliness and going out-of-the-way to please staff. Were were struck by the awesome healthy menu offerings which keeps this restaurant on the top of our go-to-list. From the Seafood Pasta to the freshly rolled Sushi, to the sweetly indulgent Brownie A la Mode, the kitchen here is at the top of its game!!

• Visited November 2012

Annapolis, Maryland
“Great Food & Phenomenal Beer Selection”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 12, 2012

I have been here a few times with my girlfriend this past summer and I have had nothing but great experiences. Everything I have eaten (turkey burger, pulled pork tacos w/ pineapple salsa, & tuna wrap) have all been excellent. On top of having great food, they have a huge selection of craft beers (both local & national breweries). Do yourself a favor and stop in next time you are in the area.

• Visited August 2012
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
NJ
“Two Strikes - Not Going Back!”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 13, 2012 via mobile

The first time my husband and I vacationed in Dewey Beach, we decided to try Gary's. My pasta had so much pepper on it I could barely eat it! We decided to give it a second shot the following year while on another vacation in Dewey; and this time we got bland, overpriced crab dip, greasy fries with way too much salt and just OK burgers. Now when we vacation in Dewey we stay clear of dining at Gary's.

1 Thank VCat12
Montoursville, Pennsylvania
“Half Price Sushi”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 31, 2012

My godson wanted Sushi and while on the beach we kept seeing a boat going by advertising half price Sushi at Gary's DB Grill, so what the heck, we decided to give it a whirl. We got there a little after 5pm and were the only people in the place other than about 8-10 employees. So, with this sort of employee to customer ratio, you would think the service would be outstanding...nope. One server for about 10-12 tables inside and about 6 on the deck. That wasn't working. To be fair, our server was nice and knowledgeable, I just think he was stretched too thin.

We ordered craft beers and Pina Coladas, which were fine but took a while to get even though they weren't busy. Getting a second round while eating proved to be a 15 minute wait--by this time there were several tables in different locations, but still only one server.

The Sushi was okay. Nothing great, but filled the need for my godson. It took about 25 minutes to get the Sushi, a bit longer than I would have expected with the lack of customers and two people working on the order. We did order 10 plates, but it still seemed slow. The presentation was nice for a beach bar and the wasabi paste was good and spicy.

Service is king and these guys are killing it by not having enough servers. We have been coming to Dewey for years and really don't expect great food--we are at the beach, but great service can make up for mediocre food. Just a thought. We will be back for beers because they have a nice craft beer list, but will eat elsewhere.

• Visited July 2012
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Charlotte, North Carolina
“Not worth the wait”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 29, 2012

We waited over a half hour for a turkey burger and tuna sandwich...the service was incredibly slow and the turkey burger had a very mushy consistency...I'm not even sure if it was cooked through! I won't be going back!

• Visited May 2012