“Beach Pizza”

Dining options: Late Night, Delivery
maryland
“Beach Pizza”
Reviewed July 6, 2014

My wife and I had the two slices of pepperoni and a soda special. The pizza was hot, crisp and cheesy. We sat in the carry-on section, which is kind of hot and industrial. But then, we were at the beach eating slices of pizza.
It was great!

• Visited June 2014

Middleburg, Pennsylvania
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Never again”
Reviewed July 4, 2014

First of all let me start by saying I also work in the restaurant business. My order was a large cheese pizza, ham & cheese sub and a order of wings. After 48 minutes of waiting, seeing several other pizzas that were ordered after ours. I finally saw an order of wings come out. This person ordered them 25 minutes after we came in. I went to the counter to ask how much longer and the girl behind the counter stated that they were waiting on the cheese pizza. She was about to "check on that". It was approximately 4 more minutes before the pizza was done. I put enough in the parking meter for 50 minutes but I missed the parking meter person by 3 minutes (received a $35 ticket). When I when back into the restaurant to talk with the manager - knowing that some restaurants have an agreement with traffic staff and can stamp you ticket for a discounted ticket or to clear it - I got a smug response from this male manager. He told me it was a busy weekend (yes I know I it took this into account - 50 minute meter/waiting patiently), I mentioned that customers that came in 20-25 minutes after I did got their food before me - his come back was sorry but we had nothing to do with the ticket so we aren't going to pay it and I AM NOT going to pay for it. All I needed was a sorry but we cannot do anything for you would have been perfect. So I left it at that or so I thought. When I got back to the car the person that ordered the ham & cheese sub got just that - no lettuce, tomatoes and mayo like she order so back into the restaurant to get it corrected. I figured we came this far. I can say through the whole food mix up (besides the non- professional comments from the managers) the staff was friendly through the whole experience - lost when it come to completing you order - but friendly.

• Visited July 2014
Camp Hill, Pennsylvania
“Go to Grotto”
Reviewed June 30, 2014

Grotto pizza is the best - luckily we have one in Wilkes-Barre but there should be more. My family never misses an opportunity to eat there while in Rehoboth or Dewey Beach.

Visited June 2014
Baltimore, Maryland
“Bad Pizza”
Reviewed June 27, 2014

We first had the pepperoni pizza (two of these) both barely had any cheese at all. The crust was "doughy". Had it again because the kids wanted pizza and it was the closet thing by at the beach.

Second time, we ordered a pepperoni pizza with extra cheese. Wasn't extra cheese, and only about 8 slices of pepperoni on the entire pizza, most of the pepperoni was on the crust.

If this is the best in Delaware, I hate to see their worst.

I know they are mostly being staffed by "college kids" in the summer, but there is no quality control whatsoever.

• Visited June 2014
Lake Ridge, Virginia
“Childhood Favorite”
Reviewed May 27, 2014

Grotto's has been a favorite of mine since childhood. The pizza has never changed, nor have the cheesesteaks - this is a good thing :) Service is always excellent, pizza is always hot, beer is always ice cold. I couldn't ask for more.

Visited May 2014