“Yummy Crab balls”

Hammerheads
Ranked #12 of 47 Restaurants in Dewey Beach
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night
Description: Hammerheads Dewey Beach is open year round 7 days a week. We Serve breakfast 7 days a week from 9:00am to 11:30am. We have freshly roasted coffee to go with our eggs benedicts or a big egg omelets. Lunch/ Dinner is served from 11:30am till 10pm Late night menu is served from 10:00pm to 1:00am.
Reviewed March 1, 2014

The Crab balls and clams were perfect! Our friends got the pork tacos, looked yummy and very fat! The Chicken Parm looked good, good selection of soups on a cold February night. Also a surprisingly nice selection of beer, including drafts. It's a bar though, loud and it is Dewey, parking is a challenge.

1  Thank BrenRNinWestFen

Reviewed February 23, 2014

We went for an early dinner last Sunday. We had heard good things, and decided to try. When we walked in, we sat down, and it was very busy. We never saw a waiter/waitress for the first 10-15 minutes of sitting there. When someone finally came close to our table, we finally called them over and it was as if they hadn't intended on waiting on us. We ordered drinks and got menus. I ordered an unsweetened iced tea and my husband a beer. After another 10 minutes or so, we finally got our drinks, but no sweetener for me. It would take me asking the waitress 3 more times over the course of the next 25 minutes to get sweetener for my tea. At one point, she actually came over and said "I feel like I'm forgetting something", to which I told her, the sweetener I had already asked for 3 times. The waitress apologized several times and said we had come in at a bad time, but it was a poor excuse. The food took absolutely forever. While the wings were good, we were so frustrated with the absolutely horrid service and pathetic excuses, we will never go back. I don't recommend this place to anyone. They need to get their act together.

Reviewed September 28, 2013

If you are a couple or with a group of friends at the beach for a party weekend, then go to Hammerheads for breakfast. This is a bar, more than a restaurant, there are 11 large flat screen TVs on, music is loud and the walls are filled with one dollar bills on which customers have written messages (if you bring young children, beware, many of the messages are foul).
They make a French toast (the Drunken Frenchman) with Grand Marnier and Baileys, don’t know if it is any good, but sounds interesting. The Zeus Platter (omelet with spinach, mushrooms and feta) is very good (according to my friends). The rye toast is good. My scrambled eggs were tasteless. Coffee is self-serve, and they only make regular (there is no decaf). The juices are large and the OJ is fresh squeezed.
If you are at the beach for a relaxing weekend, don't go.

Reviewed September 28, 2013 via mobile

Great place to go if you are sports fan u can watch whatever game u want enjoy a drink have a bite to eat the service is fantastic the food excellent
When u r walking down along route 1 u must stop in hammerheads

Reviewed September 18, 2013

We had breakfast here one morning and I really enjoyed it. I got an omelet that had lump crabmeat. It was really good. We came back for Monday night football and I got the wing special. The wings were big and tasted great. They also have a nice selection of craft beers which I love.