“Pass by this "Port"”

Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed June 5, 2013

Room temp beer; salad without listed ingredients; over-loud, poor live music.
When alerted to my partner's barely-chilled beer and request for a chilled glass, our waitress said she would "TRY" to get us a chilled glass. TRY? Aren't chilled beer glasses standard?
After a nearly 20-minute wait, she came up with one, and offered a colder bottled beer if we were not satisfied. The King's Salad, described as having mandarin oranges and candied walnuts, appeared with sliced bar oranges and candied peanuts instead. She apologized for the oranges. I think she tried her best, really.
The crab bruschetta and seared tuna appetizers were very good, as was the Caesar salad.
Slow service.

7  Thank janelord

Reviewed May 28, 2013

I have been going to Port for about two years now and find it to be one of the best in Dewey Beach. Dewey, while not known for its food, had some hidden gems in it - Port is one of them. At the other end of Dewey from The Starboard it is a part of the quieter section of Dewey. The menu is an eclectic mix of seafood, steak, and Thai specialties all of which are great. The head chef at Port, Inton, is of Thai descent and makes a killer Pad Thai as well as spring rolls and other unique items. The deserts are wonderful, my personal favorite being the bananas foster with vanilla ice cream - it is killer. Here is a link to the full menu: http://www.portdewey.com/Menu.html

As an added bonus on certain nights they have live music from singer/songwriter guitar to full blues bands there is always something for a variety of musical tastes.

1  Thank Peter M
Reviewed May 23, 2013

The only reason we tried Port was because I had a Restaurant.com gift certificate - I'm so glad I did!! The food was amazing and the server, Derrick, could not have been more helpful and attentive. All 4 in our party tried the Thai dishes and found them absolutely delicious! We had the peanut butter pie for dessert which was also very, very good (the only negative - they were out of the brownie sundae that I heard was incredible). I can't wait to go back!

1  Thank TAJ_DC
Reviewed May 16, 2013

Went with two college roommates for a farewell dinner. Last night in dewey. Waiter was nice, but food was just ok. My friend loved her dinner of rockfish with crab, but mine was not good. Stuffed flounder was watery and just did not have any flavor. Disappointed as beach food is all about good fish! Wedge salad excellent. My other friend steak with crab that she liked. Both friends disappointed in the crab toppings they ordered extra on the rock fish and the steak. Contained very little crab. Wine and atmosphere good. No bread or breadsticks or oil for dipping . None offered if there were some. Seems unusual for a fine dining restaurant. Overall nice atmosphere and would try again.

1  Thank Family1Pittsburgh
Reviewed May 7, 2013 via mobile

I believe this restaurant is still in its first year of being open (formerly Dewey Beach Club). We had tried it a few times and it was consistently pretty good, so we returned last night. The food was outstanding. Vicki ordered one of their Pan Thai dishes (specifying a #4 on the spice meter), and we shared a Caesar Salad and I had the 10 oz. Aged NY Strip. The salad was huge and delicious. The steak, ordered rare, was superb, flavorful and super- tender. Sweet potato fries and a cinnamon butter dip complimented the meat.
We'll definitely be back and recommend Port for a moderately priced casual meal.

3  Thank atopel