“Prepare to WAIT & WAIT!”
Review of Port - Dewey Beach - CLOSED

Port - Dewey Beach
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
cgreeneyes
“Prepare to WAIT & WAIT!”
Reviewed June 30, 2011

Took over an hour to get our food; may be the longest we've ever waited for food. When it did come, 1 dish was wrong.(which we did have taken off the bill then). The so-called Thai food on Thai-Thurs was nothing like any other Thai. Make sure you bring enough quarters to feed yr meter; had to go put more money in 3 times while we waited and waited. Waiter did aplogize for the wait, but still didn't act like it was any big deal; after an hour, should've offered some free bread or drinks, or even a dessert at the end; he knew I was NOT happy. This was on a Thurs evening; hate to see what it's like on a weekend. Waiters seemed pretty active, so it had to be a kitchen problem. No blender drinks (at a beach bar?). Non- Thai food was pretty good. Music was awesome.

• Visited June 2011
4 Thank cgreeneyes

Millsboro, Delaware
“Do Try It!”
Reviewed April 29, 2011

Our first visit was March 20, their fourth day of business. Tuna burger, cheese steak wrap and chocolate mousse cake were all first rate (we ordered from the lunch menu at the bar). Fresh tuna, rockfish and mahi mahi were on the dinner menu.

We returned on April 9. I had the Pad Thai and DW had a burger. Both were outstanding. I like spicy food, and asked for the PT at "4" on the heat scale; WOW - I don't think I'd ever try "5". They had a nice crowd, and the service was prompt. We noticed a billing error, which Mitch corrected promptly and generously. Zack bettered Mitch in the Manhattan (making) contest judged by YT.

There are daily specials, as well as coupons at the usual websites.

This is the second or third reincarnation of the old Dewey Beach Club, and based on our experiences, it's a keeper! Best wishes to Mitch and Zack.

• Visited March 2011
Wilmington, Delaware
“Loved Port - Dewey Beach!!”
Reviewed March 24, 2011

We went to Port-Dewey Beach Friday night (3/18). We sat on the deck--the weather could not have been more perfect. From the drinks & food to the crowd and atmosphere, We could not have had a better night.

My husband and I are both on Adkins, and it was Friday during Lent, so we thought our options would be limited--boy, were we wrong!

My appetizer of stone crab claws was huge and the bisque was delicious, but my favorite part of the meal was the sushi-grade ahi tuna with ginger-soy reduction. My mouth is still watering...

We'll definitely be back again soon.

• Visited March 2011