“Best Food and Fun at the Beach”

Nalu Hawaiian Surf Bar & Grille
Ranked #2 of 47 Restaurants in Dewey Beach
Cuisines: Seafood, Hawaiian
Good for: Families with children, Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner
Reviewed January 6, 2011

I wanted to make sure I put a review in for this establishment because it was fantastic!! I visited Nalu in July this past summer with my family. We were staying at The Sandcastle Motel in Rehoboth Beach and I guess Nalu has some sort of deal worked out because the desk clerk at the motel gave us a 20% off coupon at check in. We heard great things about Nalu but Dewey Beach is not really our scene... We decided to head down using the Jolly Trolley which is a shuttle between Rehoboth and Dewey. When we arrived at Nalu it lived up to its repretation and we had an absolute blast! The fish tacos were great, the prices were reasonable, and the atmosphere was definitely relaxing and fun. The best compliment I give Nalu is that we are coming back to the Rehoboth/Dewey Beach area this summer and one of the main reasons is to go to Nalu.

2  Thank Danoatthebeach

Reviewed December 15, 2010

Nalu is a breath of fresh air for Dewey Beach. Unlike the typical Dewey bar, Nalu is clean, great food, and really fun. Nalu is definitely a destination spot fro anyone visiting Dewey Beach. Make sure your try their Tacos!!!!!

Reviewed August 20, 2010

Don't miss the 1/2 price burgers and sandwiches on Tuesday evening. Oh... the food is good too!

Reviewed July 14, 2010

Nalu is on the main drag in Dewey. It is right across the street from a large free public parking lot. . We got there around 5pm on a weekday. It was not crowded. We were seated immediately and the waitress came to get our drink order. For dinner we had the Hawaiian BBQ RIBS. 1/2 rack for the Mrs and a full rack for me. They were fall off the bone tender and the veggies were cooked to order. The waitress did check a couple of times to make sure we were fine and quite magically appeared out of no where when ever we emptied a plate. The first drinks we ordered were frozen and I didn't really care for that. I requested my 2nd drink on the rocks and liked it much better. For a resort restaurant with the quality of the food I thought our $61 bill was a bargain.

1  Thank Longnecker
Reviewed July 7, 2010

I made my first trip to Nalu with my family and was very impressed by the food, service, and atmosphere. I had the Braised Beef platter and the meat was moist & made to perfection. My wife had the Hawaiian pork which she says was the best she ever had. And she lived in Hawaii for a year! The place is kid friendly too. My two girls had the kids' hamburgers and they loved it! Our waitress Tania was very attentive and is the model of what a good waitress should be. Nalu will be a regular stop anytime we are at the beach.