“Can't wait to go back”

Ranked #10 of 13 Hotels in Dewey Beach
Baltimore, Maryland
“Can't wait to go back”
Reviewed May 2, 2010

We just returned from our first trip to Dewey beach and the Atlantic Oceanside Motel but it will certainly not be our last!! The 4 different staff members that we dealt with during our 2 night stay were so friendly, funny, helpful and informative. The location was perfect and my ultimate dream was met by them welcoming my dogs with open arms and having such great access to the beach in which they were also permitted to enjoy. Great place to travel with your pets...no it's not the Ritz or a rich fancy place but they sure do make you feel that way

• Stayed April 2010, traveled as a couple
2 Thank DoobieDoo0429

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Pennsylvania
Reviewed August 22, 2009

This was not a fancy place at all. The cost was overpriced! We paid 200 dollars for a very old room with simple ammentities. The shower curtain was paper thin, the carpet stained, and the shower didn't work correctly. It went from hot to cold and at one point just dripped from the faucet. The location was close to things but it was very over priced for a bad motel.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with friends

Travelers are raving about these Dewey Beach hotels

Exton, PA
Reviewed July 19, 2009

My boyfriend and I stayed here from 7/12/09-7/19/09. We highly recommend it to anyone who does not need a lot of frills but is looking for a comfy, clean room for sleep. It was all we needed. All our time was spent on the beach and walking around Dewey and Rehoboth, so we did not need a fancy hotel to entertain us.

The cleaning staff was friendly, plenty of clean towels and soap. The tv did not have many channels but they had two movie channels that we watched at night.

The pool is nice and there's an upstairs sun deck with lounge chairs and outdoor eating tables. It's nice to sit up there and catch the sun setting.

It did get noisy at night, as there were a few bars right across the road, so you may be kept up late at night.

Otherwise, the location is fabulous. Quick walk to the beach and only approx 2 mile walk to Rehoboth!

We're definitely going to stay here again next year, and hope you do, too!

• Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank laurenbthe33
Johnstown, Pennsylvania
Reviewed July 17, 2009

We arrived about 1 1/2 hours early and when I went in the office they said our room was ready and we could check in...no type of penalty for early check-in.

The office staff and the housekeeping and grounds staff are the most hospitable people I have met in the motel/hotel industry and very knowledgeable as well.

Our room had two large double beds which were comfortable and the pillows, sheets and comforters were clean and the housekeeping did a remarkable of cleaning the rooms and fast, too.

There's a table and two chairs and a long low to the floor dresser with two very large drawers and the TV was set on the top of it. The TV though only got a handful of stations, but it was enough to keep our attention for the amount of time we spent in the room.

There was a mid-size (between an apartment size and dorm size refrigerator) which kept things really cool and also had a freezer compartment and a crisper. And, although the microwave was a little on the dated side, it served its purpose. They also even had paper plates and plastic silverware in the microwave for our use...great touch.

The vanity area was large and separate from the bathroom and they even provided small soaps and shampoos each day as well. There's a hairdryer in the vanity area and the bathroom although a little on the wearing side was fine...plenty of hot water and water pressure. The towels were a little small and abrasive, but again, served the purpose.

There was also an open closet area next to the vanity to hang clothes and a fold-out luggage rack for suitcases.

The carpeting was very clean and in the entry way it was tiled which was nice. There also was an am/fm clock radio and a telephone in the room.

The room had a few marks of where repairs were done to the walls and where the paint job didn't match the rest, but at least the repairs were made.

The grounds of the motel itself were very clean and well maintained. The pool area was wonderful as well as the second level deck.

And, the location was perfect...only a short walk to the beach and sitting among a ton of restaurants, nightclubs and shops...we walked everywhere, there was no need to move the car our entire stay.

The only problem I had with the motel is the parking spaces are entirely too SMALL! Even if you parked in the center of the space, you still could only open your car doors part way to get in and out so as not to hit the vehicles parked next to you.

I would definitely suggest the Atlantic Oceanside for others who like no frills and great value. We only paid $90.00 a day Sunday-Thursday in the peak of high season which left us a lot more money to spend elsewhere. We'll definitely stay again! Can't wait until next year!

• Stayed July 2009
2 Thank Bernie B
Fayetteville
Reviewed June 28, 2009

I stayed here for 3 days at the end of June, and overall, I had a positive experience. The rooms are definitely not fancy; however, I was pleasantly surprised. My room had a microwave, mid-sized refrigerator, and a stove. Dishes, pots and pans, and utensils were thoughtfully included. This place is PERFECT if you are traveling on a budget. Not only is it located right on the beach, there is a little grocery store around the corner. The staff are super friendly and helpful. Parking seems to be a huge pain in Dewey, so staying at a centrally located hotel was a plus.
My only complaint--it is very noisy. Since the motel is located in the middle of things (right across the street from the bars), it attracts people who are wanting to party. Having said that, the owner did warn me when I made my reservation (very honest), so I knew ahead of time.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank joyfulgirl_79
Silver Spring, MD USA
Reviewed April 1, 2009

I spent one night at this motel off-season with my two dogs. i didn't want to spend a lot of money for just a short night, and chose the Atlantic Oceanside because of the price and the fact that they accepted dogs off-season. Lots of places at Dewey Beach accept pets off-season, so I stayed there instead of in Lewes, which is where I really wanted to be. However, I could find only two places in Lewes that accepted pets, both with much higher prices and pet fees. While the Atlantic Oceanside's room had stained carpet, everything else was pretty nice for a motel at the beach. It was very clean, everything worked, the bedding was fairly comfortable, and there was a fridge and microwave, which was nice. The motel is very close to the beach, but is a little bit noisy due to its location right on Route 1. Also, I'm a little sensitive to noisy air conditioner/heaters, so I left the unit off. It got pretty cold in the middle of the night (late March) and I wished I had turned it on! All in all, the place exceeded my expectations, and all for a very, very low price and no hassles about having two dogs. It's also in a great location for Bottle and Cork (an old stomping grounds when I was younger) and other places in Dewey.

Arlington, VA
Reviewed September 10, 2008

I've stayed in numerous hotels in my life and even some motels and this was by far the WORST place I have ever stayed. I've never written a negative review before about a hotel I've stayed in and trust me, I' ve stayed in some questionable accomodations, but never as downright horrible as this one. Now, I understand this is Dewey Beach and you are not there for the luxurious rooms but this was ridiculous. First of all, not one person stopped by to clean our room during our 3 day stay and there were 4 girls in one room. The towel deficiency alone was enough to cause stress. When I called the front desk to ask for more towels they told me they could give me a couple but that's it. Also, we knew some people in the motel and we were told that they were not allowed to spend time in our room or we would get evicted. When we told them that was the most ridiculous thing we had ever heard, they called the cops. Yep, the cops. I am not 18, I'm a 28 year old woman and we had answer to the cops about why we had other hotel guests in our room. The room was disgusting and the comforters were dirty. The sink in our bathroom was broken as well as the toilet flusher. They temporarily fixed those two items but they kept breaking anyway. Also, it wasn't THAT cheap that it would have been acceptable dealing with these abhorrent conditions. It was off season and we paid $400 for four nights. Not only did I feel it crucial to warn my friends away from this place but also to anyone who is considering staying there. And trust me, I don't complain easily! Try the Sand Palace right next door. That looked much nicer.

• Liked — Location
  • Disliked — Everything else!
  • Stayed September 2008, traveled with friends
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
3 Thank Daisy092
Quality Inn & Suites
Quality Inn & Suites
#21 of 27 in Rehoboth Beach
Atlantic Sands Hotel & Conference Center
Atlantic Sands Hotel & Conferenc...
#18 of 27 in Rehoboth Beach

Been to The Atlantic Oceanside Dewey Beach Resort? Share your experiences!