“Dump- but great location for money”
Review of Sea Esta Motels I

Sea Esta Motels I
Ranked #13 of 13 Hotels in Dewey Beach
Reviewed May 22, 2014

My boyfriend and I stayed here last summer, we immediately went to the store and bought new sheets and a blanket because the bedding was just gross... We wore shoes in the shower because it felt dirty as well. However- the price was excellent, but you get what you pay for. If youre lucky, the weather will be nice and you wont spend much time in your room anyway. Great place if you just want to party with friends- not so good for a romantic getaway.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank rachellynn27

Reviewed May 11, 2014

Hi. I am not sure what these other people are talking about but my friend and I stayed there this weekend and the room was great!

Had a great time at the Sea Esta I motel this weekend. The rates are reasonable and it was closed to Dogfish Head and Bad Hair Day. The rooms are clean and tidy and the beds were comfy to sleep in. Thank you very much for your hospitality! Loved the view from the third floor. We will definitely be going back again!

Room Tip: The third floor was a great location for a nice view. You have a great view of the ocean
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled with friends
2  Thank Jenniferjdutko
Reviewed October 7, 2013

I have stayed here serveral times seeing how it's the cheapest place to stay in Dewey. I stayed for 2 nights back in August. Since there were 3 of us in a room they made us upgrade to the "deluxe" room which was still a crap hole. And even though the room cost 50.00 more per night for the dump we were still only allowed 1 car so i had to pay an additional 35.00 to park for 3 days. Stayed here again this past weekend. I never checked my phone so we had already checked out when i listened to my voicemal. It was a very nasty message from the hotel saying they had several complaints that we took up 2 spots. The message was sooo rude and nasty and totally uncalled for. The parking blocks were covered with pebbles so there was no way to tell which were actual "spots". The message went on to say they didnt have spots for their guests to park and they were going to have to rearrange all of the parking so we had to move the car and hung up. First of all how can more than one person complain if i am taking up 2 spots? Only one person should have been out a spot. And if they are that careful about spots why didnt someone give us some guidance when we checked in? Also since it was out of season why couldnt someone park on the street? It's free. Even the person working at the front desk. Luckily while i was out my boyfriend got the note they also put on our door and moved the car which didnt know after i listened to the message. The room smelled of mildew and the bathroom was gross. I will be boycotting this place due to the nasty message. They could have a least left a nice message. Good bye Sea Esta. You suck!

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank snacks30
Reviewed September 29, 2013

I went for a long weekend with my dog and was appalled by this pit of a hotel. The room was very old, with dirty-looking sheets and carpet that squished under my feet. There is no soundproofing at all, which means when someone moved into the room above me, I heard every footstep they made. The television didn't work at all, but they replaced it. After very little sleep the first night, I went to ask for a refund for my second night which I had already paid for so I could leave. The contract states no refunds, and they wouldn't budge, despite my complaints. Basically, I decided to use the room for the day and leave early so I wouldn't have to stay another horrible night. Don't go there - ever!! It's the worst room I've ever stayed in, and allowing dogs does not explain the horrible state of this property.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed September 17, 2013

As soon as I walked into the room I noticed a spider on the ceiling. As we were unpacking my fiancé noticed hairs in random places from the pillow on one bed, the sheet on the other, and the plastic covering a cup. Those are just the ones we saw. I don't feel like I can complain very much though, because the hotel is under $100 a night and right on the beach. Overall, comfortable beds, great location, good restaurants in the area, and a trolley to Rehobeth's boardwalk make up for quite a lot.

• Stayed: August 2013
Reviewed September 11, 2013 via mobile

The staff here is very friendly and we are thrilled with the proximity to the ocean. We selected this hotel because it was ocean side and pet friendly. If you bring a dog be sure to request the first floor since there are no elevators. My dog is very afraid of open wooden steps and is too heavy to carry. They should tear this building down and rebuild with modern amenities and larger rooms.

• Stayed: September 2013
1  Thank Fox252
Reviewed August 27, 2013

I enjoyed my stay at the Sea Esta - it is a basic motel that was basically what I wanted when staying in Dewey. However, I realized when I got home that I left a pair of my favorite shoes in the room. I called immediately and was told they would look and call me back. Days later - no call back, so I called again. The receptionist went out of her way to be unhelpful and told me there was no way they were there. I know I left them. It left such a tainted image of the motel I don't think I would return.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family