“good for your money” 3 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #13 of 13 Hotels in Dewey Beach
Hummelstown, Pennsylvania
“good for your money”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 22, 2013

Older motel, bathroom needs fixing up. Real close to the beach and town. Just went when it must have been spring break for college kids. Drunken kids coming in all night long and above us. It sounded like they were playing tackle football. Spoke to manager and she said she would talk to them. It was alittle better then but kids beside us were still loud and knocked all the chairs all over the walkway when they came in at 4 in the morning. If it wouldn't have been for the noise we would have enjoyed ourselves. Beds were very comfortable.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Brandon M, General Manager at Sea Esta Motels I, responded to this review, May 26, 2013
Thank you for your recent stay with us. As you did state we are an older property, but that also gives us a bit more character than some of the other motels around. I am sorry about the noise though during your stay. We do keep staff available until the morning hours so we always ask that you give us a call when the issue is occurring so we can remedy and correct it right away so as to not disrupt your evening as well.
Thanks again for staying with us and I am looking forward to seeing you on your next trip.

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Baltimore, Maryland
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 9, 2012

The GM described this motel best in response to the 6/21/12 review- "We are an affordable motel with great location."

The staff was very accommodating and granted our requests for both an early and late checkout. I was VERY pleased with how NEW the mattresses/bedding was. We slept well.

Wish I could have said the same about the bath-it was old and outdated- in need of new flooring, caulk, and there was way too much mildew on the shower ceiling- since it was off season, housekeeping should be able to keep up with it. Like other posters, we had issues with doors shutting properly- friends that we traveled with also had trouble with their bathroom doors (rooms 18 & 20.) However we had really good water pressure for an older motel.

The Sea Esta has that "old motel by the beach" feel and smell to it. Looks likes Sea Esta #1 has the hand me downs from the other Sea Estas- our furniture had seen better days. If the bed hadn't been so new, this review would have gotten a 2.

This motel is good for a short stay- our group stayed two nights (and rented three rooms), and that's about the max. Based on the amenities/cleanliness, I feel that's it's better suited for groups of friends than families.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Brandon M, General Manager at Sea Esta Motels I, responded to this review, May 4, 2013
SOrry about the delay in writting back to you on your last say with us. I can let you know that your thoughts have been presented to the owner in the of off season this year we did replace a many of the bathroom floors and cut out the old caulk that you noticed. We also recently purchased new comofrtoers for the beds as well.
We hope you will like the improvements we made and look forward to seeing you this seson at the Beach.
Ocean City, Maryland
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 9, 2012

Stayed there last Sunday. Rooms are very dated and in need of renovation. Although clean they need freshening up. Was concerned with safety..couldn't tell if room was locking for me.. Staff very efficient and friendly...great location

• Stayed August 2012
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Brandon M, General Manager at Sea Esta Motels I, responded to this review, August 11, 2012
Thank you for your recent stay. We are always looking for new ways to update and renovate our location. We do appreciate your time with us and we are doing all we can to keep as up to date as we can. We look forward to seeing you again.
Nanticoke
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 1, 2012

The Quiet, Safe and well appointed room was well worth the inexpensive cost.
The beds were big the service friendly and the overall experince pleasant.
I recomend this clean and easily located motel to any weary beachgoer.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Jonathan S
Brandon M, General Manager at Sea Esta Motels I, responded to this review, August 8, 2012
Thanks for the nice comment on the site. Often times people forget that the main attraction is the beach and the local area and pay too much attention at wanting the fanciest amenietes and cholcolates left on the pillows. While that is nice to have sometimes, that is not who we are. As you stated in your title we want to be a Great place at a Great Price.
Thanks again for your recent stay and we look forward to seeing you again soon.
Silver Spring, Maryland
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 31, 2012

I stayed 7/22/12 and enjoyed it very much. The Sea Esta I is a basic hotel but not much more is needed at the beach. It is an older property that hasn't been updated in a while but makes up for it with comforts such as microwave, refrigerator, complimentary coffee, and HBO. It offers a wonderful location walking distance to the beach and provides a venue where you can stay with your dog. I found my room clean and the staff very friendly. I also really appreciated the free internet service. It's a great place for brief visits, if you are to stay for a week I'd recommend renting a condo or house, but it is just fine for a weekend or long weekend visits. The price was a bit high but it is comparable to the other motels for July, prime summertime. If you want a newer property then Sea Esta III or IV would meet you needs but you will need to walk further to the beach. I choose this motel for its location and was not disappointed.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
3 Thank collinsc67
THank you for your recent stay at our hotel. We do have a great location being right on the beach side in Dewey Beach, but also not have the high prices of some other hotels in the area. We are glad that you enjoyed your stay and look forward to having you back with us agian soon.
Alexandria, Virginia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 16, 2012

2nd time staying here. 1st time was in 07 and its the same as i remember it then. Basic place to lay your head and take a shower. Its in a great local so thats a bonus. I was there on July 13-15 weekend, the running of the bulls weekend so it was very busy, everything sold out. Luck out and got the last room here. it was a 1st floor room, walked in expecting the worse but I was pleasantly surprised, Ac worked , they had clean towels , shower was a bit dirty but I wore my flip flops and that was that. When I was leaving I sat in my car a bit eating breakfast and watch the two lady come into the rooms and start cleaning, I def would not want that job, come in after a bunch of drunking people doing whatever in the rooms etc. They do there best a I guess and that all I can expect. The owner is nice and thats all i can expect when I stay at a place like this. Would I stay here again? Yes . The only thing I can say need to be improved wouild be the showers but other than that, I brought my on sheet and pilow but I do that at any hotel so .. enjoy..

Room Tip: Its a motel not a 5 star.. so all rooms are the same