“It is what it is” 2 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #12 of 12 Hotels in Dewey Beach
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“It is what it is”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 9, 2011

I concur with much of the reviews, rude maids, old everything, toilet one can hardly sit properly at. BUT it's right near the beach, it's cheap and you can bring your dogs. Our booking was last minute and it met all of the above requirements, so we went for it. For what we paid (around $69 a night) I would say it was a good value. Would I stay there again if the price was jacked? No.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank ElsieKim0534

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Mid-Atlantic
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 25, 2011

A hotel can make or break a vacation and this one definitely broke it. We were so miserable we might never return to the area. These were 5 of the longest days of our lives. In fact, our dogs couldn't wait to leave either.
The constant noise of people slamming doors at all hours was so bad we didn't get a good nights rest until we went home. The wood is rotting so the stairs and walkways are unsafe. We were on the 3rd floor and had only a narrow balcony plank to walk to our rooms. We joked we were "walking the plank" and would drown to our deaths, but the reality is we were genuinely afraid we would fall through the balcony floor as the boards were
warped and loose with nails sticking out. We would periodically trip over them. No elevators so forget about ADA compliance either.
The bathrooms were ridiculous. No human being could physically sit down on the toilets normally unless they were a very (very) small child. Your toes will touch the bathtub even if you could get both feet forward.
Also, this is listed as a dog friendly hotel but there is nothing dog friendly about not having a grassy area in which to walk them. The only grassy part of the hotel were the weeds surrounding a nasty trash dumpster. I was tempted several times to let the dogs go on the floor of the room just so we wouldn't have the hassle of walking them in the gravelly parking lot and going through this 3 times a day. The owners of Sea Esta I have obviously given up anyway!
They make you pay up front and
don't give refunds, otherwise we would have been long gone.

• Stayed June 2011
1 Thank j0travels

Travelers are raving about these Dewey Beach hotels

New Jersery
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 12, 2010

Amazing stuff, great owner! Rooms are very clean and comfortable! Locations of all the Sea Estas are excellent! Stayed there on different occasions - with my fiance and later with my husband and parents. Just love this place, will never stay anywhere else in Delaware! And this summer I was happily surprised by a free wireless internet!

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank Nadia_Richards
Laurel, Maryland
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 1, 2010

We stayed for 4 nights. The worst motel I've ever stayed in. The toilet was disgusting. Mold and poop in the bowel the first day we arrived. I asked for it to be cleaned. The maid came, changed the towels, but there was still a poop ring in the toilet. They just dont clean the toilets at all. Also, lots of pubes in the shower. Their cleaning service is a total joke. There is also no room to sit on the toilet. The design of the bathrooms are horrible. The rooms smell like mold as well. I will never stay there again, or with any sea esta chain. The management is merely making money out of this. No concern for quality at all.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank prubin
Pennsylvania
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 10, 2010

Sea Esta I Motel that was just one block from the beach. No pool at all, and the rooms were in very poor condition. As one of the kids put it, there was a reason it was called the Sea Esta I, because it was the first one. We stayed one night and left the next day after asking for a different room and were denied. then they had the nerve to charge us for two nights when we only stayed one. Never again!

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
2 Thank kart34
Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 12, 2009

This hotel is about a block away from the beach. You don't even have to cross any streets to get to the water. The rooms are average, but clean, and they allow pets... what could be better? We have stayed at Sea-Esta motels twice now, and will definitely be back.

• Stayed July 2008, traveled with friends
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank abtisam1
Wilmington
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 6, 2009

After checking into the Sea Esta 1 Hotel we noticed a small hole in the wall, scared that we would be charged for it my friend went down to the front office to inform them of the hole and to tell them that we didn't make it. The manager came to the room to check it out and accused us of it. He said we were having loud parties and must have made the hole when we were not. He then called the cops on us and told them we were drunk and destroying their rooms. It was 10:30 in the morning and none of us had anything to drink. We got evicted from the hotel, lost the 220 dollars we paid for two nights and were charged for the hole in the wall. My friend got taken off to jail and spent the day there. The managers of this hotel are liars and we got in huge trouble over damages we didn't even do. Don't stay here.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled with friends
Atlantic View Hotel
Atlantic View Hotel
#2 of 12 in Dewey Beach
AmericInn Lodge & Suites Rehoboth Beach
AmericInn Lodge & Suites Rehobot...
#14 of 28 in Rehoboth Beach
BEST WESTERN Gold Leaf
BEST WESTERN Gold Leaf
#16 of 28 in Rehoboth Beach
Boardwalk Plaza Hotel
Boardwalk Plaza Hotel
#5 of 28 in Rehoboth Beach

Been to Sea Esta Motels I? Share your experiences!