All reviews golden retriever beautiful view of the bay fridge and microwave easy parking private balcony other hotels erin dog block dewey
Reviewed March 23, 2015

This hotel is ok, it's nothing fancy if you need a room and don't have much money it's alright, it's not within walking to the strip, staff is not friendly and they are not open 24 hours, if your looking for a romantic night go somewhere else, just an over night deal it's worth it.

• Stayed: September 2014, traveled solo
2  Thank Jacob012586
Brandon M, General Manager at Hotel Dewey, responded to this reviewResponded April 1, 2015

Thanks for your recent stay with us. I hope that the Starboard opening was all you were looking for. While I can understand why you say that a romantic weekend wasn't a high priority for that weekend, we are one a few properties that has private balconies on which you can sit and watch the beautiful sunsets over the Rehoboth Bay. But with all the people that were around for the bar openings, romance had taken a back seat to some good old fashioned Dewey parties. But we still hope that a good time was had by all. We hope to see you again later in the year when it is a bit warmer.

Reviewed November 13, 2014

I booked here because of rave reviews by others on Booking.com. and because the rate was decent for the night. When we found it and finally got checked in, the room was almost a shock. Run down, rickety, dust everywhere, tired furniture, and the tiniest little t.v. I can ever remember having in a hotel room. I later had to get help turning it on because it has to be done manually, not by the remote provided, and the clerk told me that "if it turned on that way, they'd be missing all of their remotes." The bathroom sink leaked and the shower was a dribble. The toilet also didn't flush completely. I also specifically asked for a water view when booking (because the clerk called me the night I made the reservation on Booking and although it states "pay no money now," the clerk told me that they did indeed require payment in full or they'd cancel the reservation. I would've cancelled right then except I wanted to bring our pet and they allow dogs and cats. One night there was more than enough. Even from the top floor I could hear the traffic echoing past and off of the building all night. I will stay in Lewes or another area of Delaware if I ever return, and certainly never this place again.

• Stayed: November 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank travelkitty50
Reviewed September 27, 2014

We stayed here for a weekend with the kids. The website said the place was newly renovated, but I would never have known it. It looks really run down. On the upside, the staff were friendly and the place was fairly clean. The main draw was the fact that it's just a 5-minute walk to the beach. It's also within easy walking distance from plenty if restaurants. But if we go back to Rehoboth next hear, we will pay a little more and stay somewhere else.

• Stayed: August 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank scm13

The renovations at the property during the off season was rather extensive, but most id not seen so easily. We took down all the wall coverings and replaced them with a fresh new paint to give the property a nice and clean room. We also replaced all the flooring in the property. While most people do see this as much, next year we will have brand new large TV's and also some other updates. We hope to see you in 2015 so you can see we are even better. Thanks again for staying with us and we hope to see you again.

Reviewed September 21, 2014 via mobile

Kasey was great at accommodating our needs. My wife and I have been staying here for the last 7 years and we are always satisfied with the room, the staff, and their helpfulness with attending our needs. Thank You Kasey, you deserve accolades!

Stayed: September 2014
Reviewed September 14, 2014

The hotel was great and centrally located for everything we wanted to do. The room was clean and comfortable. The bed felt like heaven after dealing with the traffic. Brandon the manager was a great help when it came to booking and went above and beyond to recommend some great restaurants.
Even though it was Bike Week, it was still really quiet. We enjoyed sitting on the balcony and seeing the bay on one side and the beach dunes on the other. The greatest part was, once we parked the car, we didn't have to drive anywhere else. Walking to everything was so easy.
Our sleep was fantastic. Our heads hit the pillows and it was lights out until morning.
I love the fact that the water pressure in the shower was above par and lots of hot water!!!!
The lovely lady at the front desk when we checked in was, like Brandon, very helpful and very friendly. After a long drive, it is always wonderful to be greeted with a smile. Check in was a breeze too, we were in our room in less than 5 minutes.
We are definitely returning soon. Thanks again Brandon and staff for making our stay completely wonderful!!!!!

Room Tip: Rooms 101,201 and 301 do not have rooms on either side, so if you want privacy, ask for those.
  • Stayed: September 2014, traveled with friends