“Love the crabs”

Ranked #1 of 9 Restaurants in Delmar
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Description: Located off Route 54 in Delmar, Delaware just minutes from the beach areas and Salisbury Maryland. Can accomodate parties of any size in a legendary family friendly atmosphere.
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Visiting in town and went looking for steamed blue crabs... a little small but delicious! Great crab cake and atmosphere!

Date of visit: September 2019
Write a reviewReviews (170)

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Despite the two hour drive, I love visiting here at least once per year. The crabs are always tasty. I get the "mini-feast"--which includes five blue claw crabs, a fried chicken breast, fried clams, six to eight fried shrimp, hush puppies, and an ear of corn. It is all so good and worth the cost--and the drive.

Date of visit: July 2019
Reviewed August 25, 2019

When we visited here last October, the steamed crabs were plump, full and delicious. Ten months later, it was like a totally different restaurant. The crabs were small for mediums and only one of the 13 was filled out nicely. And 5 of the 13 were very wet, like they had been steamed earlier in the day and then reheated when we ordered them. They didn't taste good at all. Only one of the crabs was filled out and tasty. I was so looking forward to coming back after the good experience we had, but I have decided I won't go back. I'll drive the extra distance and go over to Maryland for my steamed crabs, where I know the quality is always excellent. We ordered a side of hush puppies, and they were excellent. Our Server, Katie J, was very good. She had quite a few tables around us all getting their food at the same time and she apologized for taking so long to get to us. She was attentive and pleasant.

Reviewed August 17, 2019

We visit here about 3 times a year. All of the seafood is excellent. My wife loves the snow crab legs and I usually order coconut shrimp and lobster tail.

If you order chicken tell the waiter that you will send back over done chicken. We have noticed over a few years that the chicken is normally overcooked. But, if you caution the waiter the chicken is cooked to perfections.

The restaurant is very large, so we have never had to wait longer that a few minutes for seating. The waiters are fast, efficient and friendly.

This is our favorite, all you care to eat seafood, restaurants in the Salisbury, MD area.

Reviewed August 16, 2019 via mobile

This is the true crab house! The staff make sure that with all you can eat entrées that your table is never empty. The all you can eat price includes not only crabs, but fried chicken, fried clam strips, large butterfly fried shrimp, hush puppies, and corn on the cob. The most amazing of any offering in the area. They know how to move crowds in and through. They do not disappoint!!

Date of visit: August 2019

Been to Old Mill Crab House? Share your experiences!