“Never Any #1 Crabs”

Old Mill Crab House
Ranked #1 of 9 Restaurants in Delmar
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Kids, Special occasions, Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Located off Route 54 in Delmar, Delaware just minutes from the beach areas and Salisbury Maryland. Can accomodate parties of any size in a legendary family friendly atmosphere.
Severn, Maryland
“Never Any #1 Crabs”
Reviewed July 16, 2014

Old Mill used to be our "go to" place for crabs. However, the last 3 times we've been there during the summer they have N-E-V-E-R had any crabs, other than what they call "Pot" crabs which is their AYCE crabs. We used to be able to get 1-2 dozen Jumbo crabs for my wife and myself, but it's been a very long time since they have had anything but Pot crabs. Bottom Line - they make more money switching patrons to AYCE. They say the Pot crabs are decent, but honestly they are like little spiders. They allege there is a shortage, well if they would stop pulling the babies out and steaming them then there would be plenty of big ones. We will not go back as they have long outlived their reputation for good crabs.

• Visited July 2014
3 Thank Ron01062012

Denton, Maryland
“not the same as in the past”
Reviewed July 15, 2014

When we arrived I was shocked that there was not a wait, as there is usually a line wrapped around the building. We got seated immediately and our waitress was wonderful. I have to wonder if the current situation with the crab supply is not affecting the quality of food they are bringing out. These were the absolute smallest crabs I have ever seen in my life. Some people were even commenting about the size of the crabs. We even said something to our waitress and somehow our next tray of crabs was much larger. The corn was horrible, which is usually great! For it to be July on the Eastern Shore thats unacceptable. We will go back, Im hoping this was just a fluke. Also they ended up sitting a family next to us that they thought was 6 people and then they ended up having 8. Instead of relocating them to another table, they squeezed 2 more chairs in and we were all sitting on top of one another. The hostess even came over to us and asked if we were ok or did we want to move???? Move with your table full of food??? How about moving the folks who havent even placed their drink order yet!!!!!

• Visited July 2014
6 Thank JennWillHall
Springfield, New Jersey
“Great crab house!”
Reviewed July 5, 2014 via mobile

The Old Mill Crab House is a wonderful restaurant well worth the trip. It has paper on the tables, lots of patrons, messy crabs being eaten everywhere. Great food, steamed, cooked,fried, broiled, lots of sides, funny family atmosphere. It's not just a meal it' s a party. We stop here very trip down the Eastern shore of the Chesapeake.

Visited July 2014
Green Lane, Pennsylvania
“Crabs #1”
Reviewed June 25, 2014

Crabs and Chicken are the best.Get there early. Service is great waitress's are efficient. ribs are ok, come with an appetite.

Visited October 2013
1 Thank albert g
Georgetown Delaware
“Not the same Old Mill”
Reviewed June 10, 2014

It appears to be under new management. We usually go a few times a year for at least the last 10 years. This will probably be our last. The food was overcooked. Our clam strips and chicken were burnt, the server should not even bring things like that to the table. Also there were many snow crab legs that were empty with no meat. Also my 8 year old daughter was hitting the claws with a mallet, because that is what kids do, she wasn't even eating any crabs. Our server came over and asked if she needed to add crabs to my daughters order. She said she didn't want us to get in trouble by the manager. It really took the fun out of the meal. I am not a child, I don't think I would get in trouble. They may charge me more, but I won't be in any trouble. The price for kids crabs is $25.99 which is way overpriced for a kids meal. If it was $15.00 I would have paid just to keep the manager quiet. But I don't think any kids 10 and under can eat $26.00 worth of crabs. It is sad to see a place we once loved to go to, turn into a tourist trap by the new management. Also they have signs all over the doors stating if you leave your car in the parking lot for more than 2 hours they will tow you. Very unfriendly and uninviting. I can't imagine anyone parking there if they are not eating at the restaurant, seems like overkill just to be jerk to your patrons. I would say there are plenty of other places that offer the same type of meal, I would go anywhere else first, and if they have a long wait then go here.

• Visited June 2014