“Great Experience Definitely Will Go Back!”

Old Mill Crab House
Ranked #1 of 9 Restaurants in Delmar
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Description: Located off Route 54 in Delmar, Delaware just minutes from the beach areas and Salisbury Maryland. Can accomodate parties of any size in a legendary family friendly atmosphere.
Reviewed August 23, 2012

Just found this place and let me tell you, you gotta try it out! I was down in bethany de on vaca with the fam and my wife said lets get crabs. We ended up goin to a place in bethany and it was ok. Then we were walking the boards and overheard another couple talking about the old mill and getting crabs so we checked it out and though dissapointed to find out that years ago there was a location right in bethany but found that there was 1 in delmar de.

It was pretty easy to find right off the highway about an hour from bethany when we got there the place was packed and i hate to wait!!! My wife talked me into staying and i'm darn glad she did! we had a few drinks at the bar, my wife drank 3 strawberry crushes which is a drink we've never ran into before and we think of ourselves as seasoned drinkers, when we got sat i couldn't believe all the food they offer, my wife was set on crabs but it took me 20mins to decide. the place was packed so i'm sure our server (alyssa) was getting pissed but she never showed it. finally i settled on the steampot and my wife got all you can eat. when the food came out my wife went to share here fried shrimp with me but alyssa pointed out that was not allowed. my wife is not a large woman but she can house some food and alyssa explained while all you can eat items are cooked in large batches the rest of the menu is cooked to order. it didn't take long but my wife was really going to town she must have had 6 ears of corn a whole chicken and a ton of shrimp and clams before eating at least a dozen crabs. i couldn't believe all taht food just kept coming to the table for $35. and somewhere in all that my steampot came out...honestly as i was waiting thought maybe i should have got crabs...but when alyssa put that thing in front of me i was shocked at the amout of food that was there for $27.

Needless to say my wife and i were well satisfied with the meal and the experience overall. Great Experience Definitely Will Go Back!!!

Didn't expect the place to be so great to outta towners thanks alyssa

1  Thank sal v

Reviewed August 9, 2012 via mobile

Old mill is the best place around for Crabs. However, they are expensive. Which is okay as long as you are taken care of. They finally changed their policy to allow for free refills, but now you no longer get mints and wet naps after paying approx $100 per couple! Very low class and cheap move, Old Mill. I was very surprised and saddened to see this. Fix it. $.50 worth of mints for $100 bill is a fair trade.

1  Thank Tim C
Reviewed July 28, 2012

We drive down each summer from Pennsylvania and have never been disappointed. There's just something about it. Everything is delicious and so fresh and tasty. Make sure you go on an empty stomach! We can't decide what we like best: the corn on the cob, the fried shrimp, or the chicken. Of course, can't forget the yummy crabs. The later in the season you go, the bigger they are! Nothing like it.

1  Thank slt50
Reviewed July 16, 2012

Twenty years ago, I traversed up the eastern shore from Georgia and came across this place by happenstance. I swore it was the best place I had ever eaten crabs and shrimp and vowed to return again soon. Well, like I said, twenty years passed and I was finally able to get back up there. The atmosphere and customer service was still excellent, but the crabs and shrimp weren't as good as I had remembered. Overall, we enjoyed our meal there and give this restaurant a very good rating, but probably won't make any more special trips to eat there.

2  Thank Harleyman1903
Reviewed July 13, 2012

This place is, was, and always will be the best place around to have a great meal. We go EVERY month and they have not raised the price on their All You Can Eat Special in years.
Their AUCE specials include Steamed and Spiced Maryland Blue Crabs, Fried Chicken, Hush Puppies, Clam Strips, Friend Shrimp, and Sweet Corn steamed in the husk!

The atmospehere is perfect, the people friendly, and the food top notch. They have won Best Crab House 17 years in a row for a reason.

Anyone who suggests a competitor might want to mention that you would save exactly ONE DOLLAR to drive an extra 30-45 minutes EACH WAY out of town, AND pay Maryland Sales Tax on everything you order before you suggest in a review they are "cheaper".

Don't hesitate to try these guys, we have NEVER had a bad experience there, ever.

Old Mill and it's Staff ROCK ! Thank you from our family for always making it a great meal and a good time!!

Our father really appreciated how you handled his 70th Birthday Party.

Vern