“Return Trip”

Ranked #1 of 9 Restaurants in Delmar
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Description: Located off Route 54 in Delmar, Delaware just minutes from the beach areas and Salisbury Maryland. Can accomodate parties of any size in a legendary family friendly atmosphere.
Savannah, Ga
“Return Trip”
Reviewed July 16, 2012

Twenty years ago, I traversed up the eastern shore from Georgia and came across this place by happenstance. I swore it was the best place I had ever eaten crabs and shrimp and vowed to return again soon. Well, like I said, twenty years passed and I was finally able to get back up there. The atmosphere and customer service was still excellent, but the crabs and shrimp weren't as good as I had remembered. Overall, we enjoyed our meal there and give this restaurant a very good rating, but probably won't make any more special trips to eat there.

• Visited July 2012
2 Thank Harleyman1903

Rehoboth Beach, DE
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Best Crab House Ever”
Reviewed July 13, 2012

This place is, was, and always will be the best place around to have a great meal. We go EVERY month and they have not raised the price on their All You Can Eat Special in years.
Their AUCE specials include Steamed and Spiced Maryland Blue Crabs, Fried Chicken, Hush Puppies, Clam Strips, Friend Shrimp, and Sweet Corn steamed in the husk!

The atmospehere is perfect, the people friendly, and the food top notch. They have won Best Crab House 17 years in a row for a reason.

Anyone who suggests a competitor might want to mention that you would save exactly ONE DOLLAR to drive an extra 30-45 minutes EACH WAY out of town, AND pay Maryland Sales Tax on everything you order before you suggest in a review they are "cheaper".

Don't hesitate to try these guys, we have NEVER had a bad experience there, ever.

Old Mill and it's Staff ROCK ! Thank you from our family for always making it a great meal and a good time!!

Our father really appreciated how you handled his 70th Birthday Party.

Vern

• Visited July 2012
1 Thank VernRehobothBeach_DE
Salisbury, Maryland
“Gettin pricier every year”
Reviewed June 27, 2012

The crabs here are always good, however I found a place futher out of town called Red Roost that has AYCE crabs at a cheaper price, same atmosphere. That being said, the gals that work at the Old Mill are always sweethearts, it's a good experience.

Visited June 2012
Crisfield, Maryland
“Birthday Dinner”
Reviewed June 22, 2012

My family, all seafood lovers, have been raving about this restaurant, so I took my wife there to dine on her 63RD birthday. While all you can eat crabs are the big draw there, we went with the menu items for this dinner. We had flounder and lobster tails crowned with crab imperial. The meal was perfectly prepared! The wait staff is young, but well trained. This is a great restaurant.

• Visited June 2012
1 Thank Porge1946
Camden, Delaware
“too early in the year”
Reviewed May 6, 2012

went with a party of 20 ..service was good, food was OK corn for this time of year was good..clam strips hush puppies excellent . crabs were very small and poor...crab soup was ice cold had to be sent back to be reheated..never got a refill of fried shrimp...after a over $800 bill asked for a free T-shirt was told not only no.. but i couldn't even keep the pen I signed with

• Visited May 2012