“Great Hotel!”

Crowne Plaza Wilmington North
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Claymont
Reviewed May 9, 2013

This was by far the best hotel I've stayed at over the past year. Yes, the lobby looks great, but more importantly, the staff in the lobby provided great service - friendly and proactively helpful. Room was clean and comfortable and I actually had hot water in the morning - no small achievement! Many many hotels are unable to do that consistently. I ordered dinner from room service; it was delivered promptly and was quite good. The room service server deserves special recognition - she was friendly, warm and anticipated my needs. I didn't have to ask for anything (sugar for tea, salad dressing). Didn't catch her name unfortunately.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
Jeffrey F, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Wilmington North, responded to this reviewResponded May 13, 2013

Susan M,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We are so glad you enjoyed our renovations and the customer service we offer. We hope to see you on your next trip to the area.

There are newer reviews for Crowne Plaza Wilmington North

Reviewed March 26, 2013

We booked 4 rooms at the Crowne Plaza for a family gathering. The staff was very helpful - especially Joe & Shadae at the front desk. The rooms are beautifully appointed, spotlessly clean, and comfortable. Their on-site restaurant serves delicious food and the "Maryland style" crab soup is the best I have ever eaten!! It is worth the trip just to have a bowl of this delicious soup!
The full buffet breakfast was also outstanding - with eggs "cooked-to-order" at your request. There is also a complete "business" center, workout room, ballroom 7 meeting rooms, and an outdoor pool - nothing has been overlooked!
If you're looking for a place to stay - near Wilmington, close to I-95, and near the Delaware Vally attractions & Philadelphia, don't overlook this "gem". It will, we're sure, exceed your expectations!!

Room Tip: There is one suite on each floor with floors 6 & 7 designated as the "Executive Floors"...
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
Jeffrey F, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Wilmington North, responded to this reviewResponded April 1, 2013

Rhodants,

Thank you for taking the time to write such a detailed review. We appreciate all of your wonderful feedback.
Joe and Shardaes performance will be recognized at the next employee meeting.

Hope to see you soon

Reviewed March 18, 2013

Love the renovations, front desk staff attentive, will certainly visit again! Perfect location for a trip to Philadelphia or Downtown Wilmington, convenient access to 95 and local shopping. My room was clean and comfortable,

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
Jeffrey F, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Wilmington North, responded to this reviewResponded March 20, 2013

Melissa A,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We are so glad you enjoyed our newly renovated hotel. We look forward to seeing you during your next visit to the area.

Jeffrey F.

Reviewed January 25, 2013

I have been staying at this hotel location for years due to it's proximity to business that I have in the area. It has gone from a Holiday Inn to a Crowne Plaza & the cosmetic renovations have been very nice. Though, the service has gone from excellent to very poor. The front desk person, Joe is rude and makes snide comments for no apparent reason. As I was trying to check he ignored me for almost 10mins while he carried on what was obviously a personal conversation. Then began to argue with me about the rate I was promised and when I told him I would like to speak with the manager he refused & said he'll do it this time. Then he put me in a room with NO HEAT! I'm not sure why he chose a job in customer service because he obviously hates his job. Bottom line, for the most part the hotel facilities are ok but if you do stay here don't expect to good customer. If you want better service try a Holiday Inn!

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
Jeffrey F, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Wilmington North, responded to this reviewResponded January 26, 2013

Realtor7510,

Thank you for taking the time to relay your comments regarding our property during your recent stay. It's nice to know that you enjoyed our renovations. I am sorry we were not able to exceed or at least be at par with your expectations . Thank you for bringing this unsatisfactory circumstance to our attention. Your review will be used as a training tool and I hope you will give us another chance to prove to you that are guests are very important to us.

Reviewed January 23, 2013

Clean, comfortable beds, quiet, convenient location to get on and off the highway, wished for a complimentary breakfast, but other than that, nice. Didn't get to eat at the restaurant. Lobby was also very nice with a modern fireplace.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family

Dolphena,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We are so glad you enjoyed the hotel and our convenient location. We hope to see you on your next trip to the area.

Jeffrey F

Reviewed January 8, 2013

Chose this hotel basically because it was right across the road from where our daughter lives.

We stayed 2 nights within 10 days, basically due to the fact we used the hotel before and after a flight from the Philadelphia airport.

The hotel is clean and comfortable. The usual with my experiences for Crowne Plaza.
Honestly though, unless you a getting a great rate, I felt the rate was a bit high for what we received.

No complimentary breakfast, not even a bottle of water at check in for "priorty club member".
Also, we drove to the airport, an easy 20 minute drive, but I do not believe this hotel offers an airport shuttle either.

The second night we stayed, we received an envelope addressed to me, with a hand written note (which appeared to be written by one person and signed by another) inside. Unfortunately, the note was meant for another guest who was staying at the hotel for the first time. **We did not receive such a note on our first night**

There was no tea in the room to use in the coffeemaker, and when I called to ask if tea was available, I was told it would be a $2.50 charge to have a tea bag delivered!! Really?!?!? Not a great way to start the day after a late night flight.

We did not choose to pay for the hotel breakfast, so I can't say anything about that service.

Again, there is absolutely nothing wrong with the hotel, but for my money, I will be looking elsewhere the next time I stay in the area.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
Jeffrey F, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Wilmington North, responded to this reviewResponded January 15, 2013

WheelerFamily805,

We are glad that your stay was confortable. My sincere apologies for not making sure you had everything you neede to make your stay special. We will certainly make sure in the future there is tea for any quest who needs it. For future reference, we do offer a shuttle back and forth to the airport and the Wilmington train station. We hope you will give us another chance your next time in the area. Please feel free to contact my office if I can be of assistance in the future.

Thank you for your honest feedback.

Jeffrey F

Reviewed December 14, 2012

Nice hotel. Comfortable beds and large room. Room service was fast. Breakfast was great but dinners were average. Good for basic travel stay. Close to Philadelphia airport so easy access to i95. Not much around hotel for food choices.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Sggypsy
Jeffrey F, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Wilmington North, responded to this reviewResponded December 17, 2012

Sggypsy,

Thanks for the kind words about the hotel. We strive to always give our guest the best service and product. I will share your feedback with our food and beverage department.

hope to see you during your next stop in the area.

Jeffrey F.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Claymont
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Wilmington
Sheraton Suites Wilmington Downtown Hotel
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Downtown Wilmington - Legal District
Homewood Suites by Hilton Wilmington - Brandywine Valley
Hotel du Pont
Hotel du Pont
#2 of 13 in Wilmington
Best Western Plus Concordville Hotel

Been to Crowne Plaza Wilmington North? Share your experiences!