“Nice hotel”

Crowne Plaza Wilmington North
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Claymont
Reviewed January 23, 2013

Clean, comfortable beds, quiet, convenient location to get on and off the highway, wished for a complimentary breakfast, but other than that, nice. Didn't get to eat at the restaurant. Lobby was also very nice with a modern fireplace.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
Jeffrey F, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Wilmington North, responded to this reviewResponded January 26, 2013

Dolphena,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We are so glad you enjoyed the hotel and our convenient location. We hope to see you on your next trip to the area.

Jeffrey F

Reviewed January 8, 2013

Chose this hotel basically because it was right across the road from where our daughter lives.

We stayed 2 nights within 10 days, basically due to the fact we used the hotel before and after a flight from the Philadelphia airport.

The hotel is clean and comfortable. The usual with my experiences for Crowne Plaza.
Honestly though, unless you a getting a great rate, I felt the rate was a bit high for what we received.

No complimentary breakfast, not even a bottle of water at check in for "priorty club member".
Also, we drove to the airport, an easy 20 minute drive, but I do not believe this hotel offers an airport shuttle either.

The second night we stayed, we received an envelope addressed to me, with a hand written note (which appeared to be written by one person and signed by another) inside. Unfortunately, the note was meant for another guest who was staying at the hotel for the first time. **We did not receive such a note on our first night**

There was no tea in the room to use in the coffeemaker, and when I called to ask if tea was available, I was told it would be a $2.50 charge to have a tea bag delivered!! Really?!?!? Not a great way to start the day after a late night flight.

We did not choose to pay for the hotel breakfast, so I can't say anything about that service.

Again, there is absolutely nothing wrong with the hotel, but for my money, I will be looking elsewhere the next time I stay in the area.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
Jeffrey F, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Wilmington North, responded to this reviewResponded January 15, 2013

WheelerFamily805,

We are glad that your stay was confortable. My sincere apologies for not making sure you had everything you neede to make your stay special. We will certainly make sure in the future there is tea for any quest who needs it. For future reference, we do offer a shuttle back and forth to the airport and the Wilmington train station. We hope you will give us another chance your next time in the area. Please feel free to contact my office if I can be of assistance in the future.

Thank you for your honest feedback.

Jeffrey F

Reviewed December 14, 2012

Nice hotel. Comfortable beds and large room. Room service was fast. Breakfast was great but dinners were average. Good for basic travel stay. Close to Philadelphia airport so easy access to i95. Not much around hotel for food choices.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Sggypsy
Jeffrey F, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Wilmington North, responded to this reviewResponded December 17, 2012

Sggypsy,

Thanks for the kind words about the hotel. We strive to always give our guest the best service and product. I will share your feedback with our food and beverage department.

hope to see you during your next stop in the area.

Jeffrey F.

Reviewed November 28, 2012

I stay in allot of hotels some really nice and some ok.... I love this hotel because they provide Conditioner... I realize this is probably last on most peoples list but really... its just one less thing i have to worry about. The people are nice, the rooms are average. Its a quick drive to philly and the airport and if you drive down Naamans rd there is a mall and everything you might need.

Room Tip: i was worried that my room next to the elevator I would have allot of elevator noise but surprising...
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
Jeffrey F, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Wilmington North, responded to this reviewResponded November 30, 2012

JenB,

Thanks for taking the time to write a review. I'd like to say on behalf of the staff hear at the Crowne Plaza Wilmington North, "Thank you for staying with us." We hope to see you soon!

Happy Holidays.

Jeff

Reviewed November 18, 2012 via mobile

I just stayed at this hotel while shooting a gig in Philly. The location is a very easy 20 minute drive from downtown Philly. But the star of this hotel is the room. I did the finger test on the top of picture frames to see if there is dust. None! The room was super clean, comfy bed and a fantastic value. I would totally stay here again!

• Stayed: November 2012
Jeffrey F, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Wilmington North, responded to this reviewResponded November 20, 2012

dougvansant,

Thank you for taking time out of your day to right a review. We are so pleased you enjoyed your stay. Every employee of the Crowne Plaza Wilmington North truly cares about your experience!

A sincere "Thank you!" from all of us at the CP Wilmington North.

Jeffrey Fork

Reviewed October 31, 2012

I attended a small conference here in late October. This is a perfect place for a small business conference due to its proximity to the Philadelphia, PA, Airport. The staff was excellent, the meeting rooms were excellently set-up, and the guest rooms were clean and economical. The hotel will pick you up at either the Philadelphia Airport or the Wilmington Rail Station if you make arrangements in advance; however, I chose to rent a car which was extremely economical over Saturday and Sunday. The only drawback to this hotel is that there is no real restaurant that you can walk to away from the hotel. There is a combination Taco Bell/KFC across a busy street, whic turned out to be a pretty hectic place so I am glad I had a rental car.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
Jeffrey F, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Wilmington North, responded to this reviewResponded November 1, 2012

RobertF,

Thank you for your kind words about the hotel and staff. We are so pleased you enjoyed the conference and your stay with us. Next time you are in town stop by the Front Desk and ask for a list of near by restaurants. We have some really great local restaurants I'm sure you would enjoy!

Thank you for yor business! hope to see you soon.

Jeffrey Fork

Reviewed October 7, 2012

This property used to be a Hilton hotel, then a Holiday Inn Select, and now it is a Crowne Plaza. Your GPS device may not even have it yet as Crowne Plaza, but the conversion occured in Feb 2012. It may be tricky to drive into it, since if you miss a turn into the parking lot of the adjacent building you will end up on a highway again with no exit for 5 miles or so. Look at the map carefully.
There is a shopping center across the street with a huge wine store - highly recommended!

Very well-designed lobby with very good staff - chat them up to get the best out of them.
My suite had a full kitchen, decent size bathroom and tastefully laid out living room. The A/C noise levels were tolerable. The layout of plugs on the walls betrays numerous rearrangements of the furniture - your working desk will have none of them nearby, so extension cord is a must.
There is a room service - but all the food I got was typical small town American slosh - oversalted, greasy, overcooked - i.e. inedible. I guess I was just unlucky with my choices.
Breakfast was typical - no custom-made omelettes, and staff was, well, unintrusive.
I have attached photos that should illustrate my review.
Will stay again, if in the area.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank heyValera
Jeffrey F, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Wilmington North, responded to this reviewResponded October 29, 2012

heyValera,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review. We always appreciate customer feed back. We're glad you enjoyed interacting with the staff. We're sorry you didn't care for the food in Embers Restaurant. Be assured your feed back will help in improving all areas of the hotel.

We hope to see you again during your next trip to Wilmington!

Jeff

Also consider these accommodations in or near Claymont
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Wilmington
Best Western Plus Concordville Hotel
Homewood Suites by Hilton Wilmington - Brandywine Valley
6 mi away
Best Western Plus Philadelphia Airport South at Widener University
Staybridge Suites Wilmington - Brandywine Valley
Sheraton Suites Wilmington Downtown Hotel

Been to Crowne Plaza Wilmington North? Share your experiences!