“Not Bad, Not Great”

Add it.
Passwaters Restaurant
Ranked #3 of 14 Restaurants in Bridgeville
Good for: Large groups, Business meetings
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Description: Passwaters Restaurant is located in the Heritage Shores Clubhouse in Bridgeville, Delaware. The food and the ambiance are excellent. The executive chef, Morgen Eldred, has brought the cuisine to an entirely new level. The Sunday brunch is a special treat. The restaurant is moderately priced with an upscale feeling. Throughout 2013 they have focused on using Local farmers produce as well as special dietary needs. One of the few facilities around that has a full functioning restaurant, banquet facilities for over 300 and an 18 hole golf course. Dine in the casual Tavern, in the casual-upscale Passwaters Restaurant or on the Passwaters Porch while here - don't forget to catch some of the most magnificent sunsets from the porch!
Milford, Massachusetts
“Not Bad, Not Great”
Reviewed January 20, 2012

We went to Passwaters since we had a $50 gift certificate. It turned out that certificate wouldn't cover wine or drinks, and we needed to run up a $100 tab on food only. We couldn't do that for just the two of us, so we had to pay retail for our dinners. We'll have to use the gift certificate another time.

On top of that disappointment, there was a noisy party at the next table. We couldn't hear ourselves talk. (It may not have been that party's fault -- the dining room may be acoustically 'live' -- with surfaces that reflect sound rather than absorb it.)

We ended up moving into the bar. Quieter there, especially after I turned off the sound on the large-screen TV next to our table.

We did not have the pasta buffet, although it was the special that evening. We did have a couple of glasses of the Pinot Noir that was on special. Okay wine, but not first class or even second class.

My wife had the filet mignon, I had the steak au poivre. Both were cooked to our preference. Again, our steaks were okay, nothing special, but not bad.

What impressed me, believe it or not, was the steamed spinach I ordered with my meal. Wonderful! That, at least, was first class! I hope I can get it again next time.

My wife ordered the brussel sprouts. She thought they were good.

We split a desert -- chocolate lava cake. Once more, not bad, not terrific.

The restaurant is not easy to find. There is no sign out by Route 13 -- you have to look for the Heritage Shores Club. The restaurant is inside the main clubhouse.

The road leading up to the clubhouse is a pain to navigate. I'd like to have a talk with the architect.

We'll go back to Passwaters, to try to use that gift certificate. But there are better restaurants in the area in the same price range. Given the choice I'd go back to the Brick Hotel in Georgetown.

Visited January 2012