“Love the food hear”

Cuisines: American, Diner
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch
Reviewed February 20, 2013

Lots of comfort food at affordable prices..... great selection..... big selection of desserts, too....

Reviewed January 21, 2013

My husband and I have rode by there many times on our trip through Delaware and have always said we have to stop by one time because the parking lot is always packed and one way of knowing if a restaurant is good or not is seeing how many people frequent it. We finally stopped by for lunch. Nothing fancy but friendly and home cooked food. My husband had the half fried chicken, cole slaw and mac and cheese which he ate every morsel. I had the turkey and bacon club with fries, it was delish. The rolls are to die for and the ice tea is perfect. Our server was very friendly and attentive. The rest rooms were very clean. They also have lots of desserts if you have room and goodies you can buy to take home. We will be back.

1  Thank Cheaspeake
Reviewed November 14, 2012

I have only eaten there a few times but I am still waiting for a good reason to love the place. The food is decent but not great. The service has not been what I would have expected. It has a good reputation but I haven't seen quite why yet. I have never left thinking "I will never return" but never really think "man would I love to go to Jimmy's". If I am going to go out I would pnrobably look for more exciting fare but would not put up a fuss if my crowd wanted to go there. Portions are big, there specials are a good value and you likely to run into a friendly face or two in there. Go at least once and decide for yourself.

1  Thank Craig P
Reviewed October 20, 2012

Jimmy's has become a regular stop for us on our way to the Delaware beaches. The fried chicken is excellent - crispy, juicy and not greasy. The dinner rolls that come along are almost worh the stop alone. Cole slaw is rich and creamy. Mac and cheese is ordinary. I've also had the burger which was worthwhile if you don't care for fried chicken - but the fries were underwhelming.

The baked goods are old-fashioned, heavy and very tasty - maybe because they make them with butter. We're fond of picking up cinnamon rolls for the next morning, but they don't usually last that long. The cookies are also very good.

This is memorable family style place worth the stop for the chicken and the baked goods.

1  Thank zoomfish
Reviewed September 4, 2012

I wish I lived closer. Stopped at Jimmy's twice over Labor Day weekend - both on our way to the beach and on our way home. Incredible value - our party consisted of four adults & three children, all of us stuffed with food for under 60 dollars. The chicken breast with one side is plenty for a meal, and all of the sides are great. Sweet potato souffle, corn pudding, stuffing, hot chunky applesauce - all were great. And I would have loved to bring home one of the huge pies, or cakes, or sticky buns, or.......

1  Thank Pauline M