“Making beach memories in Bethany” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Bethany Beach

Sponsored by:
Map
Satellite
Map updates are paused. Zoom in to see updated info.
Reset zoom
Updating Map...
Sponsored by:
Bethany Beach, DE
2 helpful votes
“Making beach memories in Bethany”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 13, 2010

Bethany Beach, DE, (and surrounding beaches) is a great place to bring the family. Only a 2 and 1/2-hour drive from cities such as Philadelphia, PA, Baltimore, MD, and Washington D.C., Bethany has all the elements of a classic beach town. Families will love strolling on the boardwalk, shopping in the downtown area, eating at local restaurants, and of course, relaxing on the beach. The thing that I like best about this town is how clean, non-commercial and well-kept it is, and much of the area is kept in a natural state since there are several national park beaches and wildlife preserves nearby. Fishing, surfing, boogie boarding, and beach combing are fun activities for the family. Nearby Rehoboth Beach, DE, and Ocean City, MD have amusement rides for the family. Also in nearby MD is Assateague Island, a beach of incredible beauty and home to a large herd of wild ponies and other wildlife.

1 Thank Sandrunner01
Los Angeles, California
“Great, relaxing weekend getaway spot”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 12, 2010

If you're in Washington DC and looking to get away for the weekend during the warmer months, Bethany Beach is a great low-key option. It's about a three hour drive from the city and much quieter and nicer than Ocean City, MD. There are lots of small shops and supermarkets close by. Just after labor day, when the peak tourist season passes, houses for rent a block from the beach are super inexpensive and the beach isn't too busy. Highly recommend.

Delaware
19 helpful votes
“A great fall getaway at the beach!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 8, 2010

We recently spent two weeks in Bethany Beach, DE. We stayed at Sea Colony resort, which was a very convenient location with great amenities. We loved the charm of the town itself. Lots of great shopping and dining options. We particularly enjoyed Mango's restaurant - a great casual dining place that overlooks the ocean. The weather was beautiful, which, of course, made the vacation that much more enjoyable. I definitely recommend visitng Bethany Beach in September. The summer crowds have gone home, but the weather is normally beautiful and most attractions, shops, and restaurants are still open. I would definitely recommend Bethany Beach, DE as a great fall getaway to the beach!

1 Thank theogal
berlin,pa
24 helpful votes
“Sea colony East Condos.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 1, 2010

I rented a condo from Wilgus Associates who are great to deal with. I just wish they had more units in Sea Colony East to choose from. ResortQuest has a lot of units to choose from. I choose this unit due to the price for a big 3 bedroom unit.The condo,410 Dover House, is a big,3 bedroom unit with a wrap around balcony. It was a little dated, but the kitchen and baths were spotlessly clean.However, the balcony had hideous black mesh surrounding it, probably for the safety of young children though I never in all my 30 years renting at Sea Colony had a problem with the balconies. It rendered the views less than excellent, though still lovely. The uphholstery on the chairs was stained, the walls scuffed and the dining table wobbly, so we did not eat there. The couches and beds were very comfortable. the balcony furniture was OK but old and stained.
However, we had a great time! As mentioned I have been coming to Sea Colony East for 30 years,renting from various realtors and private owners. I have had great experiences with all of them. However, I get the best service from the realtors.I love the units from Annapolis to Dover. Edgewater is too loud for me and the southern units have tiny balconies and smaller living spaces. The kitchens in several of them are not updated, some are. It depends on what you want. I want a great kitchen and a fabulous balcony with a fab view. The vacaton was wonderful, the beach lovely, safe and quiet and the resort itself wonderful, the workers and staff friendly and courteous. I will be back again next summer.

Hudson, MA
“Sandcastle Realty”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 28, 2010

Excellent pre-trip customer service from Sancastle Realty!

A specific question about a rental property was answered via e-mail within hours of the original inquiry being submitted. To get the answer, the agent needed to contact the home owner which he did. The answer saved us a few hundred dollars to rent a piece of equipment we need for our beach week.

Sandcastle has already made us feel good about renting through them.

Been to Bethany Beach? Share your experiences!