All reviewsbeautiful hotelsouth buildingoff seasonspecial thanksbreakfast buffetretractable rooffull kitchenpresidential suitedining tablestarbucks coffeeindoor outdoor poolwould highly recommend this hotelsea level restaurantsofa bedfront desk managermain buildingthe entire staff
Reviewed October 17, 2017

Our first rip to Bethany but not our last. We spent several nights here and it was excellent. The staff went out of their way to exceed our expectations. Room 306 was divine, view and quality. We will definitely return.

Room Tip: Ocean front is well worth it.
  • Stayed: October 2017, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Chucke L
Kyle J, General Manager at Bethany Beach Ocean Suites Residence Inn by Marriott, responded to this reviewResponded October 18, 2017

Dear Chucke L,

Bethany Beach really is an idyllic setting for our beautiful hotel. I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay and we look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed October 16, 2017

This hotel has the perfect location right on the beach and the rooms are amazing. They have a kitchen area, large sitting area and comfy beds. The complimentary breakfast has so many options and was delicious. We visited in the off-season so they were not busy and Ally was kind enough to uprgrade us to an oceanfront room. She was very friendly each time we were in the lobby. Great hotel!

Room Tip: Oceanfront is worth the extra money!
  • Stayed: September 2017, traveled with family
2  Thank familyoffour_aug2011

Dear familyoffour_aug2011,

I agree completely with you! Our hotel is in the perfect location and does have amazing rooms. I think the one thing that makes us even more special is our great associates like Ally.

It is always a pleasure to read reviews such as yours, and I look forward to welcoming you back to the Bethany Beach Ocean Suites.

Reviewed October 16, 2017

I don't want to talk this up too much for fear of it getting so popular I won't be able to get a room when I want, but seriously, this is likely the best hotel option anywhere in the vicinity. The hotel staff is friendly and efficient. Every staff member had a smile and friendly word. The rooms are clean and the oceanfront balcony rooms are fantastic. The free breakfast is a nice-to-have, but in off season, it did not offer much variety and I think if the hotel were crowded, this would be difficult to get in and get out. The make-yourself waffles are a nice touch as long as there is not a long line. This is very convenient to the beach and offers free parking.

Room Tip: Top floor beachfront balcony rooms are great
  • Stayed: October 2017, traveled as a couple
1  Thank marylandtraveler2015

Dear marylandtraveler2015,

I appreciate your kind review and we don't mind if you "talk us up too much." We are a small hotel with a great team of dedicated associates that enjoy serving our guests. I was delighted to read you enjoyed your stay and we look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed October 15, 2017 via mobile

This hotel is right on the boardwalk and just steps from the beach. The town was only a block away. Our room was clean and comfortable. Because we brought our dog, we were in the south building with an ocean view. Expect to pay a really large fee for a dog.

If you are in the South building, ocean view, ask for an even numbered room for an unobstructed view. The room had a king bed with a pullout sofa. Although the king was great, the pullout was uncomfortable. If you have a bad back, forget it.

As for amenities, the fitness center and pool were nice. The breakfast buffet was only so-so. The waffles were really the only thing worth mentioning.

We will be going back, but off-season, when the prices are more reasonable, and when dogs are allowed on the beach and boardwalk.

Stayed: October 2017, traveled with family
3  Thank Ike85

Dear Ike85,

I want to thank you for being our guest during your recent visit to Bethany Beach. We also appreciate your feedback and look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed October 11, 2017

We stayed here in peak season (August) and the room was about $650 per night. The hotel is new, but the finishes look much nicer in the picture. The suite was fine, but we were surprised that there was no oven, as is typical in Residence Inns. May be our fault for not better reading the suite descriptions. It was my birthday during our stay, and my husband and daughter were planning to bake a cake for me. So that didn't happen. Sofa in the suite was cheap looking an uncomfortable.
Our stay included free breakfast, which was nice, except that the plates, cups and bowls were always dirty. You'd have to look through at least 5 coffee mugs to find one that didn't have someone else's coffee stains or lipstick. Gross. Same with plates and bowls. The breakfast area was really busy, making it hard for staff to keep up. The design of the cereal dispensers was poor, resulting in piles of cereal always being all over the floor and counter. The selection of fresh fruit was very limited.
We were staying in the south building. There is a paid laundry facility, but it requires coins and there is no change machine, so you have to walk over the the north building to get change. Since there was always a long line at the front desk, it was a long wait to simply get change or ask a question. While I was trying to get change, I saw the concierge at the desk and walked over to ask her about change. Instead of getting up and going behind the front desk to get it, she simply said, "oh, I'm not really here." She certainly appeared to be there.
I've been a loyal Marriott preferred guest member for over 25 years, and this level of service and cleanliness is the worst I've ever seen. Your vacation shouldn't have this much inconvenience. I did fill out the Marriott survey after our stay, and got a form email from the site manager, and nothing more. Very, very disappointing.
On the plus side, the location is good, and the cleaning staff were always friendly.

• Stayed: August 2017, traveled with family
Kyle J, General Manager at Bethany Beach Ocean Suites Residence Inn by Marriott, responded to this reviewResponded October 12, 2017

Dear Tracy R,

I must confess, I was dismayed when I read your review about the experience you had at our hotel last summer. While I had joined the hotel a month ago, I have found it to be exceptionally clean and the associates to be more than attentive when serving our guests. With all of the praise I have heard and read about our concierges, I was very disappointed to read that you would have been treated that way.

Let me assure you that there must have been significant changes since your stay and the Hotel I now know. I understand the furniture and fixtures may not be to your liking, but I am speaking to the cleanliness and service. Our goal in these regards is to not only meet, but exceed your expectations.

I want to apologize to you and your family, on behalf of our entire team that we did not live up to your expectations. It was obviously a very unpleasant experience. I imagine you would not have left this review months after your stay had it not been. I welcome the opportunity to speak to you further about your stay and about how we can improve.

You can reach me at the hotel at 302-539-3200 or by email at kyle.johnson@marriott.com. I hope to hear from you.