“Doesn't Improve With Age”
Review of Frog House - CLOSED

Frog House
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Lancaster,PA
“Doesn't Improve With Age”
Reviewed July 15, 2012

There is nothing like packing in a great breakfast when you are at the beach at a beach restaurant!. You know, that kind of place that has that blend of smells...bacon, coffee, toast, pancakes. Well the Frog House has that blend of smells but it goes downhill from there.
My wife and I have eaten at the Frog House maybe a half dozen times over the last two years, and each time we sort of hope it will have improved since the last visit. Honestly, it hasn't improved. The place always seems to be well, not dirty, but not clean either. The tables never seem to be completely clean, lipstick on the glasses and cups, and left-overs from messy kids on the floor. I suppose if the kitchen is clean you can put up with some of the other stuff.
It isn't cheap to eat breakfast at the Frog House, then again you're at the beach. A normal breakfast for 2 will run you $19.00 plus tip. I feel like I'm paying for the guy running around in the frog costume who is entertaining the kids.
You don't have a whole lot to pick from for breakfast in downtown Bethany and the Frog House is pretty decent with kids. Next time I'm at the beach I think I'll take the car and get a decent breakfast someplace else.

Washington, DC
“Families with young children will like, others not so much”
Reviewed July 14, 2012

Last time we were here was 8 years ago and figured we'd give it another go for breakfast. Bad decision. Packed with families with young children, the noise level was deafening, even for my 6 and 8 year old. Children's menu had maybe 4 items...mostly pancakes. Service was spotty and apologetic. Prices are pretty high. $7.75 for a ham and cheese omelet and toast (no home fries). The bacon is all pre-cooked, dry and crunchy with a dirty congealed fat flavor that left a bad aftertaste for hours. The waitress warned us that the syrup pours out really fast... so it's a good warning but it still pours out really fast! Not too many places to get a decent breakfast in town.

Washington DC, District of Columbia
“cold, yucky seafood”
Reviewed July 6, 2012

We tried to find a place near the ocean where we could get seafood and the kids could get something they wanted. This was a terrible choice. The food was expensive ($20 an entree), but arrived cold and tasted bad. The kids liked the frogs and said the chicken tasted, "Just like Johnny Rockets."

Dagsboro, Delaware, United States
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“GREAT experience!”
Reviewed June 25, 2012

I have been here quite a few times, the first wasn't too great. They were a bit busy and the service was slow and our server wasn't ideal. I work in the restaurant business so I gave it another shot. This time the food was delicious and the service was so much nicer, it was still busy which I was told it always is in the summer, but the entire experience was great. Been going back ever since!

• Visited June 2012
“LOVED IT!”
Reviewed June 1, 2012

My family and I first went to the Frog House at the end of last summer. The kids absolutely loved the frog mascot outside, he even came in, pulled a chair from the table next to ours and pretended to steal my daughters pancakes! She was giggling hysterically. We returned for Memorial Day this year and sadly the frog was not there yet but the food was just as good as last year! My daughters had their Birthday Pancakes and my son tried their French toast. They all cleared their plates! The French toast took a few minutes but the waitress told us that it was due to the thickness of the toast and the fact that they hand batter each order as it comes in. It was well worth the wait!!! My husband had the cream chipped beef which he gets every time we eat here and I had their Gluten Free Crabcake (to die for) the prices are great, food is even better, and the kids love the friendly family atmosphere. They want to bring in a frog to donate to the decor next time!