“Top Rate Service and facilities”
Review of Bear Trap Dunes

Bear Trap Dunes
18 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 108 helpful votes
“Top Rate Service and facilities”
Reviewed April 26, 2013

Truth be told I am a terrible golfer. Nevertheless, we visit the Ocean City, Md. area about twice a year (spring and fall) for three day golf getaways. Most of the guys are much better than me, but I actually can spell. I usually play south Jersey public courses, and I stink there too. Pulling up to Bear Trap Dunes I was immediately impressed with the layout, design and facilities. Walking into the clubhouse areas, to the left are locker areas where one can sit, and comfortably change into whatever you need to get through the day. Our day was wet and windy, but having made the reservations well in advance, it is what it is. The bathroom and locker area was spotless and well appointed. Walking past there is a spacious sitting room with gas fireplace, built in bookshelves with old hard covered bound books, and beautiful leather chairs. I warmed up in front of the fire, and read some of the fascinating history of the development. We played the Kodiak course and Black Bear. the third nine hole course there is "Grizzly." The courses themselves are fair and certainly scenic. The tee boxes are spread out enough to appeal to whatever level golfer you may be. Greens were very fast the day we played, even wet. The winds was blowing a lot. Fairways were great; rough was playable. Course is well marked, and easy to get around with the cart. you can't get "lost" even if it is your first time. we stopped in the restaurant and bar at the turn to get in from the weather conditions. We ate at the bar, which is slightly behind the dining area, and to the right of the sitting room as you face it. Bartender was great. Friendly, efficient - great service. The lunch special including 4 items, each with a domestic beer, for $10. Items included a beef brisket, a tomato bisque with grilled cheese, a "White Russian" which is actually a turkey Reuben. I had that. It was excellent. My friends all also enjoyed their selections. we finished the back nine in light rain. Again, other than weather, it was delightful. Everyone we dealt with at the establishment was friendly, cordial and accommodating. we were part of a package deal so I cannot comment as to the green fees - our room was included so it was hard to break down. All in all, I would recommend Bear Trap Dunes!

Visited April 2013
3 Thank Wayne P

14 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 25 helpful votes
“A nice round of golf.”
Reviewed April 17, 2013

Nice, challenging course. Beautiful club house and very friendly staff. The greens were somewhat fast and did not break as much as you would think. Fairways a little tight, but overall course was well maintained.

Visited April 2013
New Rochelle
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“What has happened to this course?”
Reviewed February 21, 2013

What a terrible experience...from the front...to the back...disappointing. 1 yr. ago I was told Troon Golf would make a huge difference. Well that didn't happen. Greens are soft and spongy. Cart paths have pot holes big enough to swallow your cart. Tees and greens are over-run with invasive weeds and grass. For the money they want I'd go to other courses...I'm sure to have a much better experience. All in all...this place sucks. GO SOMEWHERE ELSE!

Visited August 2012
1 Thank Myfamilyandme168
Alton, Virginia
15 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 18 helpful votes
“Have seen it in much better condition”
Reviewed October 17, 2012

Greens were really beat up. People need to learn to replace divots and fix ball marks. As usual getting range balls from the machine is an adventure, e.g., this time the machine appeared to be out of balls.

Visited October 2012
1 Thank Billaban
Washington DC, District of Columbia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Great home away from home. All the Amenities!”
Reviewed September 2, 2012

Golf. Tennis. Pool. Gym. All in the resort. Shuttle to the Beach. Meticulous Grounds. Beautiful vacation rentals. Close to restaurants, beach and shopping. Everyone loved it! Will definitely return!

Visited August 2012