“surprise surprise”

Cuisines: American
Bethany Beach, Delaware
“surprise surprise”
Reviewed August 5, 2013

0 to 9 =My wife had a halibut special which was placed on a unique tasting rice and the flavor and presentation was excellent. I and the couple with us had there giant shrimp with crabmeat stuffing, This is a new restaurant at a site which has failed various times. The shrimp were 3 in number and large to extra large and covered with what appeared to be canned crab meat (certainly not backfin as in their crabcakes) the crab was extremely salty and when I mentioned it to the waitress she just shrugged her shoulder and did not pass my message on. All for $26 This is an extremely competitive tourist market during the summer but sadly few will give it a second chance at their price scale and lack of interest in satisfying their guests. Seafood has to be fresh and topnotch to succeed in Bethany.

West Grove, Pennsylvania
“Just another tired pub fare restaurant”
Reviewed July 27, 2013

This is a new beach area restaurant but unfortunately is just another pub fare spot. They do well when the tourists are here but flounder in the off season. Somehow mussels with a choice of four different sauce preparations made it to the menu but otherwise it is predictable and, at best, just fair. The ambience is poor and the decor is dull. The service was very good. I had a Boardroom burger which was OK. My wife had the brisket sandwich and commented that the meat was barely edible....very fatty. The restaurant does not take reservations for less than eight. This location has had a turnover of restaurants every few years and, I suspect, that will continue. In any case, it will do it without us.

1 Thank cisboombob
“Go some place else”
Reviewed July 26, 2013

We visited this place for the first time today. The menu looked great. We ordered two appraisers and were very pleased with them. Then....the fun began. It took us 45 mins to receive the main course. My husband ordered a burger with crab meat on top, instead he got a burger with bacon. No side dish, like we ordered. The waitress was totally unprofessional. She was running all over the place like a mad person. My husband had to chase her down to tell her what was wrong with the order. Then she began complaining how desperately she needs money (hmmmm, don't we all?!). We asked her to give us a container for the left overs but she informed us that they were out and she will wrap our food into plastic wrap. When we got the bill I noticed that we got overcharged double for some extras that we ordered. The overall experience was aweful and not at all pleasant.

Ocean View, Delaware
“Good food and Good Service”
Reviewed July 3, 2013

I met my husband at the Boardroom last night after working in Bethany. Ididn't want him to deal with the Bethany parking. We arrived around 9:30, and her greated by a gentleman, who turns out to be the owner. He explained we could see the regular menu and the bar menu, we chose the regular menu. We sat in the bar area at a high top. There was a good size group of people enjoying thenselves at the bar. Our server immediately came over and showed us the drink list. We ordered and beer and proceeded to review the menu. I had the Asian BLT and my husband had the brisket sandwich. They are both served with one side. I chose cole slaw and he had potato salad. Our food arrived timely and I must say it was very good. The cole slaw was one of the best I had ever tasted. The owner came over and spoke to us. He now lives locally, but is a retired police officer from Wayne, PA. He was very nice and is very eager to make a go of the restaurant. Overall it was a very good experience. Server was great and food was very good. I will return. So all my local freinds in the Bethany Beach Area should give it a try and help support a new restaurant. Maybe a Chamber member should ask him to join.

4 Thank Luckydawg551
Rockville, Maryland
“A welcome addition”
Reviewed June 30, 2013

We spend much time in Bethany Beach and eat dinner out every night. The selection of restaurants that are worthwhile is slim. We tried the boardroom last night and were pleasantly pleased. The decor has been updated from the previous tenant and is clean and pleasant. The staff were enthusiastic and efficient. We tried some lighter fare, mussels, veggie burger, chicken sandwich and all were cooked properly and delicious. The new owner AJ came buy and was courteous and thanked us for the business and comments. Bethany needed some new places to dine that are worth the time and money. This is one and well worth repeat visits.

• Visited June 2013