“A great restaurant with great staff”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Patsy's Restaurant

Patsy's Restaurant
Ranked #12 of 77 Restaurants in Bethany Beach
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Dining options: Dinner, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wine and Beer
Description: Patsy's is a casual fine dining, chef owned restaurant with a Key West and Southern flair. We specialize in local and organic products, fresh seafood and we have many farms growing food for us as well as raising all natural and organic chicken, beef, lamb and pork. We serve dinner daily starting at 5:30 each day. Patsy's has indoor and outdoor dining areas with a full bar. Off season, please call the restaurant to get hours of operation. Patsy & her daughter, Robin, are both professionally trained chefs and have won numerous awards for their work. Daily specials change often and with the seasons. Catering and in house parties are available.
Burke, Virginia
“A great restaurant with great staff”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 24, 2012

We have been there a number of times and had a great meal and staff each time. Their specials are terrific. The seafood is so fresh. However, sometimes it is hard to get into but worth trying. They specialize in using local providers of food so that the staff can tell you all about where it came from. The only downside is that the staff don't or can't eat there so they can't give you advice on what is good and what is not.

• Visited July 2012

Northeast U.S.
“So good”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 18, 2012

We ate here on two consecutive nights in early September. We'd come by on a Saturday night, only to discover that the wait for a table was at least 90 minutes (they don't take reservations). We were too hungry to wait, but came back a couple nights later (on Labor Day), waited only about 25 minutes, and had one of the best meals I've ever had at the shore. We liked it so much that we came back the next night, and waltzed in without a wait. We sat outdoors both nights. I didn't ever enter the indoor space, but my partner did, and was flabbergasted that such a tiny kitchen could turn out such fantastic food. The size of the kitchen definitely affects the wait time during the high season -- on our first visit, the hostess was holding back two or three empty tables to give the kitchen time to catch up.

Service was good to excellent (our waiter the first night, Peter, was fantastic), menu highly appealing and extensive enough that I had trouble making up my mind. Decent wine and beer selection. My aunt spoke highly of her eggplant entree (thank goodness there were vegetarian options), and I had the BEST soft-shell crabs I have ever had in my life: two very lightly cornmeal-breaded soft shells, delicately fried, and served with just some citrus, a fresh sweet-corn and black bean salad (cold), and a braised-but-crunchy red cabbage salad. This was one of the pricier entrees, at $34, but every single bite made me happy. On our second visit, my partner and I both had the soft-shell crab BLT. As BLTs go, it was excellent, but the other ingredients (BLT, aioli, very good brioche) overwhelmed both the flavor and the texture of the crab, so I was disappointed -- but for someone who's leery of eating of soft-shell crab, this might be a good introduction.

Interestingly, we liked the atmosphere better on the more crowded night -- unusual for us. On the less crowded night, the foibles of nearby diners were hard to ignore, whereas in the crowd, the buzz drowned out what you'd rather not hear.

Chadds Ford PA
“Fresh Local Delicious”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 26, 2012

Five of us ordered different fish dinners. All were excellently prepared. The soft shell crabs were lightly battered and delectable. It was our second choice when the restaurant where we were heading closed, but now it is our first choice.

The waitress told us where everything was grown. The desserts were first rate and freshly prepared on site. In fact, another table had cleaned out all of our first choice for desserts, but he second choice was terrific.

Baltimore, Maryland
“Great Atmosphere”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 11, 2012

We had dinner here in August 2012. The cosmo I had before dinner was nothing special but the atmosphere is quite lovely, islander-Key Westy....Because it was so humid and hot we ate indoors but the decks looked lovely and by the time we left were filling up nicely.

We tried the mexican shrimp cocktail which I enjoyed, lots of small pieces of shrimp in salsa served with chips. John had the corn and crab chowder which could have used more seasoning and crab meat, it is the beach in DelMarVa afterall. I had the fish and chips, fish was a tad over fried, the greens and tomato were very fresh and tasty. The tartar sauce was very good.

Not sure we would return but I suppose it is worth a try. Make sure you have lots of quarters for parking-that was the main downside.

West Grove, Pennsylvania
“Indifference?”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 2, 2012

Patsy's has always been one of our favorites at the beach. Very pleasant porch, good menu, and good service. Tonight, it seemed to be one of indifference but thanks for coming. I had te Cuban Pork which is a great alternative to seafood if you are not a fan of those choices. My wife had the conch fritters which she has had in the past. They were over cooked and hard. The reaction of the waitress was "oh". A sidelight is that there should be a choice of sauces to go with the fritters. Something like Mango chutney.

I took some Cuban Pork home and asked that only the pork be included. I got everything on the plate. A hint that the waitress wasn't listening at all.

It remains a really good restaurant but there are some flaws and rough spots that were not there in the past. Business is too good?