“Good casual dinning”

14 Global
Ranked #16 of 83 Restaurants in Bethany Beach
Cuisines: Seafood, Contemporary
Dining options: Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: 14 Global is a seasonal restaurant highlighting the best ingredients from around the world. The globally influenced menu of snacks & dips, small and large plates encourages a shared and variable dining experience that is meant to be comfortable and elegant. 14 Global's cocktail menu combines herbs, assorted fruits, and fresh squeezed citrus.The seasonal beverage program is created by owner & mixologist Tia Sexton. The wine list features eclectic and highly rated bottles from many countries. Also, there is a wide variety of craft beers. Our 80 seat corner space in down town Bethany Beach was designed by Dan Garcia. He created a warm and inviting space by using 7 species of raw stone for the walls, flowing under lit onyx for the bar, and wood work that resembles waves in the ocean. The interior decor, owner Tia Sexton chose to compliment Dan Garcia's natural and raw design. John Speziale also contributed to an abundance of design and stone work on the exterior.
Reviewed June 14, 2013

Went there for tapas, and was pleased with the menu and quality of the food. It is a little pricey, but the food was excellent.
Interesting drinks; their Margaritas are made slightly different then the typical recipe, but very good. We shared several plates among two couples, and ordered several appetizers prior to our meal.
Don’t be shy to inquire about the menu, as it can appear to be a little confusing. Our waiter was helpful and knowledgeable about the entries .
Will definitely go back again.
This is a nice addition to the restaurants in Bethany.

1  Thank Dryfly0618

Reviewed June 13, 2013 via mobile

My family and I enjoyed a spectacular lunch here TODAY And it was so good I had to write this review immediately.

I could go on and on about the spectacular decor and The
diverse menu but I'm gonna focus on two things what I ate and how we were treated. We had a great fortune to be served by the owner and she was amazing! She is so full of joy
and love for her restaurant that it was infectious!
We started with a round of
drinks my sister and I each had a cocktail and my husband
having a beer from the tap. In no uncertain terms the blueberry cocktail on the rocks that I enjoyed was the best cocktail I've ever had in my life. My sister's Martini tasted like the first fresh strawberry of spring it was amazing. This is probably because they exclusively use only fresh and squeezed juices and only top quality liquors.
We decided to share our dishes
from the communal plates menu. We started with the baby Fieldgreen salad which sounds simple enough but when you add in strawberries goat cheese spiced walnuts and a vanilla bean and champagne vinaigrette so it becomes something spectacular! Next we
had the fried cheese balls these actually made my sister cry they were so good with Goat cheese
Boursin cheese fresh herbs all rolled up panko and drizzled with lemon and rosemary syrup and then on top of that they added roasted pistachio dust a mark of genius! Textural override! Next we had the surf and turf tacos which were perfection if I could eat them on a beach in Mexico is the only way they could improve this dish. The short ribs were tender and the lobster was succulent. Then we had the Wild game sliders which on the day we visited featured Colorado lamb (
a personal favorite of mine ) These were perfection on a bun topped with cheddar caramelized onion jam and a garlic a aoli and served with purple potato chips Sliced super fan and fried to perfection. Ok I will admit it I'm a burger snob my buns need to be toasted and there needs to be a good crust on the burger on the outside of my meat and juicy in the center these were the perfect, the perfect slider. I was
full but my family went forward with ordering dessert. ( I usually don't have dessert because being lactose intolerant mostly I can't eat them but the owner was so gracious in finding desserts that I could enjoy as well sharing that all their desserts are made in house I had to try them ) They ordered fresh fruit tart and a flourless chocolate cake each where spectacular.
Overall my family and I agree it was one of the best lunches
we had ever enjoyed thank you so much! And will be seeing you again soon!

Love,

The redhead the blonde and
the strange boy with the glasses :)

1  Thank DanandErica
Reviewed June 3, 2013 via mobile

I have never written a review of a restaurant. It is because I LOVE good food and flavors. I also try to find the positives in any restaurant I've eaten (which can be a challenge sometimes).
I have eaten at numerous top restaurants with world class chefs. And have been personally served by one as a Christmas gift from my husband. So when I say I love food, I really mean it.
Tonight I was surprised by my dinner. Tonight I was served world class cuisine in a small beach town at small beach town prices.
My table ordered an appetizer, 4 entrees and had several of the most amazing drinks ever (a few were fully
imbibed by me...yum). People call the bartender and owner, Tia, a mixologist. I have never used this term but it seems a more accurate description of considering her mastery of flavor combinations.
Top and iron chefs take notice. You have been challenged and beaten in my opinion!
I also feel Tia and her chefs should take over the kitchen at a restaurant owned by a famous world class chef (I won't name the restaurant in Yountville CA). Because, seriously, shame on them for serving what they do considering all the awards they win.
14 Global, you deserve all the accolades you receive. You have a mastery of flavors, techniques and preparation.
Thank you for the wonderful evening. I will be back many times.

1  Thank MariThomas
Reviewed June 2, 2013

This was our first visit to this very positively reviewed restaurant. We expected a tapas menu and found that it was a communal plate menu that was somewhat different. The plates range from $16 - 20, The problem we found was that the ones I really wanted my wife didn't and vice versa. With tapas we have our own choices. We had Moroccon lamb meat balls with linguini and mini flour tacos with short ribs and queso fresco. The meat ball dish was OK and the tacos were really excellent. The service was excellent and the initial greeting was very welcoming. The problems were that you can't get a reservation, the noise level is very high....so much so that we couldn't hear our server and the menu concept really didn't work for us.

3  Thank cisboombob
Reviewed May 4, 2013

As a chef and a restauranteur for 25 years and a person who eats out every night, my experience at Global 14 was truly world class. Our server, Wendy, greeted us explained the concept as a small plates and she carefully described each dish ingredient by ingredient. When I told her I was on a no-carb diet, she quickly described 5 options from the top of her head. Her service and attitude throughout the experience were flawless. We enjoyed the Blue Cheese and Deer Dip, Peruvian Potato Chips, Stuffed Bacon Jalapenos, Grilled Romaine Caesar Salad, Sushi Grade Ahi Tuna seared to perfection on a bed of Sauteed Vegetables, Cauliflower caramelized with Garlic and Fresh Herbs, The hands down hit of the evening was the special, Red Snapper with a Berry Kiwi Habanero Compote atop Israeli Cous Cous. We decided we had to have dessert so we tried the trio of Creme Brulees: Chocolate Orange, Vanilla Bean and I am embarrassed because I forgot the other flavor, Homemade Cherry Walnut Ice Bream with Biscotti and Flourless Chocolate Cake. On 1 to 5 start rating with 5 being perfection, and I never give a 5. Every dish was 4.5 to 4.75, but I will give the Snapper a perfect 5. All dished were aesthetically attractive and the flavor profiles spot on. Shane, the chef, is a perfectionist with great creative flair and wonderful palette. As if this were not enough the most exciting thing about are evening was the owner herself, Tia. Not only is she drop dead gorgeous (not her fault), she is a genuine restaurant professional that enjoys serving people and it's evident with every move she makes. She is hands on and she has assembled a world class service team that anticipated our every need. Kudos to you Tia for an amazing experience - thank you! We are you new best customers.

1  Thank ZUMO1