Sea Colony Resort
Bethany Beach Ocean Suites Residence Inn by Marriott(Bethany Beach)(Great Value!)
$179
Residence Inn
Holiday Inn Express Bethany Beach(Bethany Beach)(Great Value!)
$170
Meris Gardens Bed & Breakfast(Bethany Beach)(Great Value!)
$179
Orbitz.com
Sands Motel(Fenwick Island)
$34
Fenwick Islander Motel(Fenwick Island)
$59
Fenwick Inn(Ocean City)
$62
Holiday Inn Express Ocean City(Ocean City)(Great Value!)
$77
Cayman Suites(Ocean City)(Great Value!)
$89
$73
$76
$71
Orbitz.com
Sea Hawk Motel(Ocean City)
No availability for your dates from our partners
All reviewstennis courtsisland housefitness centerprivate beachbedroom condoocean sideindoor and outdoor poolsgreat tenniswi fisame weekwasher dryerunits varydvd playersheets and towelsbiggest complaintlabor daybring your own
FilterAll languages
Reviewed September 3, 2013

My wife and I took our 2 grandchildren there for 5 nights starting 8/23/2013. We did have a great time; nice beach & facilities with Rehoboth Beach, De and Ocean City, Md both a short drive away. We lucked out with the weather and combined that with good food in a great variety of restaurants, it was truly wonderful. We rented a small 1 bedroom townhouse; nothing luxurious (25 year old tv in the bedroom with no remote), but adequate.
The problem there is with Wyndham, who operate it. For example: we reserved the unit and were given a firm price that included fully everything according to the agent we dealt with. She knew exactly how many we are and all our ages.
However, during check-in we were hit with and additional $80.00 charge for 2 badges for our grandkids. They claimed the agent made a mistake and neglected to include that. When complaining about this, we received apologies and claims that it's their agent error, but still insisted on getting the $80.00.
With this still fresh on my mind, I was suspicious as to the possibility that they might pull something when we check out. Therefore, the day before we left, I went to the rental office and requested that someone do a walk-thru with us before we return the keys and this way I can be assured that there are no claims of damage to the unit. I was told that this is not part of their check-out procedure, but they took my cell phone # and promised that they'll try to send someone. By the 10AM check-out, no phone call and nobody came;at that point, I just returned the keys and left.
Sure enough, I received an email 2 days later claiming that there was a stain "discovered" upon our departure. I was reassured that since we were required to purchase a security deposit protection plan, there would be no further out-of-pocket expense. However, I was asked to fill out and sign a claim form and fax it back to them.
OK, I signed the form, under protest, just to avoid any further expense. But the whole thing is [--]; if there is any stain on the carpeting, it is not there due to anything we did.
Very interesting; as I'm writing this review, they just sent an email apologizing and offering 10% off any future stay. Maybe that's a good sign, but beware.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
4  Thank Matyikam
Reviewed August 25, 2013

Truly an awful experience. We had 3 cars so we had too drive around for almost an hour to park in a non reserved spot after being lucky enough to have some give us their extra parking pass. The location is also awful unless you want to sit on the beach all day and do nothing else. We are already planning on leaving early since there is nothing to do. Do yourself a favor and plan on going somewhere else

• Stayed: August 2013
2  Thank Jkat161
AndrewSeward, Owner at Sea Colony Resort, responded to this reviewResponded September 14, 2013

The owner or agency You rented from shoikd have been vey clear about the 2 car limit. Bethany is known as the family resorts. Sea Colony is less than 1/2 mile from the town of Bethany where there are concerts most every night and a great boardwalk. See SeaColonyrecreation.org to see activities and amenities.

Reviewed August 22, 2013

Great location, walking distance to town boardwalk and also direct beach access. Beach was great but pools were busy and noisy depending on who was there. We expected this because the resort is family oriented so no big deal we were there for the beach. We were able to get a condo by walking into the realtor's office last minute which was great. Location was great so I would definitely go back. 5 minutes away( across the parking...adjacent to a hotel) was a real good seafood restaurant which we enjoyed. Again loved this place for the convenience of being close to everything so we only needed our car to get groceries at the start of our trip.

Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Michelle S
Reviewed August 7, 2013

My girlfriend and I stayed 3 nights at the Chesapeake House which was great. I used to take my sons and x-wife here every year during their formative years. I forgot this place is ideal for families but unless you like a lot of kids running around I don't recommend it for couples, even though the amenities are excellent, nice beach, local to downtown Bethany Beach, indoor and outdoor pools. Facility kept clean and secure.

Room Tip: Resort Quest and Tansey Warner are two companies that will rent these units. I haven't tried TW in quite a few years but they always seemed to provide good service, as does Resort Quest. They both have offices across from the high rises of Sea Colony.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 7, 2013 via mobile

Been coming here for a while now - wonderful for families - Bethany beach is a great location and sea colony makes it a lot easier - from speed of reservation process - Wyndham took over recently - to activities for the kids - it's a great spot - rehoboth to the north and ocean city to te south give you a bigger assortment of things to do If you want - catch a shorebirds game in Salisbury - single a affiliate of the orioles and a nice night out.

It's a mode place to go - not inexpensive but some value is there.

• Stayed: July 2013