Message from TripAdvisor:

“We keep going back!”
Review of Sea Colony Resort

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Bethany Beach
Sea Colony Resort
Reviewed August 6, 2013

My family loves this place. We have our favorite condo( not sharing!) but any we have stayed in has been clean and nicely furnished. We always stay on the east side as we like the ocean and convenience of running up for lunch, cold drink, break from the sun, etc. The $40 per person resort fee is annoying but it is what it is. Check in has always been easy. If you have a carrier on your vehicle roof beware the parking garage ceiling is 6'3". We learned the hard way! It is posted. We prefer the Island House, furthest south, slightly less congested (?). We enjoy the pools and the ocean and haven't taken advantage of other activities offered, though there is quite a selection. We look forward to Sea Colony East every year!

Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank BozieNy

Reviewed August 4, 2013

We come to Sea Colony at least twice a summer. We LOVE it each and every time. Our kids are always engaged in the many, many activities which are held. Condos are nice...people need to remember that they are rented by the owners, so each unit varies.

Our only complaint is that on top of the rental rates, you are required to pay around $40 per person for a badge for the week allowing you access to the beach and other amenities. We feel this is unnecessary once you have paid the rental fees. So once we arrive, we end up paying close to $200 for this.

The property is always clean~there are always employees watering flowers, picking up trash, and cleaning walkways. The lifeguards are top-notch and we feel safe at the pool and beach with our kids.

We will be returning year after year!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Emma C
Reviewed July 29, 2013

Our family visited Bethany Beach last week and stayed at the Sea Colony Resort. Our condo was well maintained and had a beautiful view of the ocean. The Sea Colony property was well maintained, and we often saw employees picking up trash, watering flowers, and generally keeping the property looking clean and beautiful. We enjoyed the variety of pools, both indoor and out, as well as the tennis courts and fitness center. Our two sons are teenagers and had a great time. It was never a problem getting an elevator, or a chair by the pool. The beach was very clean with plenty of room to spread out. The only drawback was that we rented through a real estate agency, and we had a two step check in process. First at the realator's and then at the Sea Colony office. Also, we were charged a $40.00 per person recreation fee for use of all the amenities. It would have been better in my opinion if they just added it to the rental amount instead oh hitting you with it upon check in. And for someone like my mother in law, who didn't use most of the amenities, it was a waste of money. Overall, we were very happy at the Sea Colony and would stay there again.

Room Tip: we stayed in a corner condo and it was very quiet!
Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank L222
Reviewed July 20, 2013

My family and I vacationed the week of July 13th, 2013, in the Chesapeake 110 condo. We stayed in this same condo several years ago and we have stayed in several other Sea Colony condos throughout the years. We have obviously been happy with the resort and with Resort Quest; I have never voiced a complaint and happily, I have never had reason to voice a complaint.

This year though we arrived at our condo promptly at 3 to find the doors unlocked and a huge pile of broken seashells on the front porch area. It was impossible to lock the door to the patio as the sliding dead bolt was bent. I have 4 grandchildren running around, so the first thing I did on my vacation was to clean the safety hazard on the front porch. At 3:45pm we had a knock on the door and it was a very pleasant young lady asking if we wanted our floor cleaned. I asked had she not already cleaned and she replied that she had cleaned the floor yesterday. I didn't understand that response and asked for clarification, but her English was inadequate to completely understand the situation. Then we had a panel on the master bath just fall off the bathtub. It appears to have been attached with some kind of sticky Velcro. There was also mold in the master bath and I do not believe the kitchen had been cleaned prior to our arrival. The interior of the oven was soiled with baked on food and there were remnants of food still on the stove top.

This condo is not an inexpensive rental, and as a customer, I expect more: the condition in which we found the condo was unacceptable. I don't know what has changed within the past few years for there to be such a drastic difference in the cleanliness and safety of the unit.

The pull out sleeper in the living area should never be used for adults. The mattress was quite thin and you could feel every bar and spring beneath it.

I will say that although our unit was disappointing, the resort itself was not. The staff and other visitors were all friendly and helpful and we did have a wonderful time. We will most likely return for another family vacation, but I may be afraid to rent through Resort Quest again. The resort does provide a quiet, safe, and extremely pleasant atmosphere for your family vacation.

In conclusion, I would rate my room as a 2 and the resort of Sea Colony as a 4.

Room Tip: The first floor condos are great for families with young children. We stayed in 401 Dover 2 years a...
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
4  Thank Judy15066
Reviewed July 8, 2013

I am not sure how the entire Sea Colony Resort property can be lumped into one tripadvisor entry. Sea Colony West (tennis) is very different from Sea Colony East (Oceanside). Within these properties are great variations.

We opted to stay on the Oceanside in a "gold" level unit on the seventh floor in Farragut. We have been looking at properties to buy and wanted to stay here for a week to try it out.

We had a great time. Farragut is right next to Edgewater. We were very close to the beach and indoor pool. We took advantage of some of the kids activities which were great. One of the highlights of the week was 4th of July fireworks on the beach. A lot of people started reserving spots on the beach well in advance of the fireworks. We arrived about 20 minutes ahead of time and still found a great place to put down out chairs.

The beach at Sea Colony is very clean and not too crowded. More people were there for the holiday. Lots of families. No rowdy beach goers.

We used the pools at Edgewater, Farragut, and the Friedman Fitness Center. All were very good. The life guards are very friendly. All pools were clean. Getting a chair was never a problem.

The tennis courts are very good and getting a court without reserving one was not a problem.

The ice cream in the Oceanside Deli and Donuts is priced lower than the boardwalk. They tend to run out of certain flavors by the end of the evening.

Sea Colony overall is very clean and well run. There are so many activities to keep people of all ages entertained. When renting a unit here, you sometimes get what you pay for. We paid a little more as we were booking with less than four weeks to go but we were totally satisfied.

One complaint I have is about the parking. Finding an unreserved space for a second car was a challenge. Once we found one, we did not want to move this car for fear of not getting a spot again.

Room Tip: If you are staying on the Oceanside, pick a room that is facing the ocean and above the 4th floor fo...
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank delaware-veg
Reviewed June 26, 2013

My husband and I spent the week of June 8-15th there with our two daughters, both under age 6. I grew up going to Sea Colony and we are making it a Summer tradition with our girls now. Bethany Beach itself is so family oriented and Sea Colony is amazing. I think the key is finding the condo that best suits your particular family. We saw dolphins swimming almost every day from our balcony. I noticed a major improvement in customer service this year. Not sure if it's influence from Wyndham taking over, but this is the first year we did not have a complaint about the cleanliness of our condo upon arrival. All of the staff were super polite and eager to please. The grounds were the best I have ever seen them. Two of the outdoor pools are heated now which was nice in early June. The lifeguards are all on the ball and very attentive. We are planning to return for two weeks next year.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank kate53449
Reviewed June 20, 2013

My family and I stayed at the Sea Colony - Georgetown building for a weekend in June. The condo was beautiful and well-maintained, but the management was ridiculously strict. No one was occupying our condo and Tropical Storm Andrea was raging so we asked to enter the condo 45 minutes prior to the official 3 PM check in time. We were told we could not enter prior to 3 PM without a $150 fine. Due to the storm, all of the outside pools were closed on Friday and Saturday. Checkout on Sunday was at 10:00 AM (a little early for the beach). We asked if we could walk back across and try the kiddie pool before we headed home. The response was "Absolutely not". The Sea Colony property managers are really not very friendly or interested in customer service.

Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
#22 of 104 in Ocean City
Meris Gardens Bed & Breakfast
Meris Gardens Bed & Breakfast
#3 of 3 in Bethany Beach

Been to Sea Colony Resort? Share your experiences!