“Perfect Getaway”

Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Bethany Beach
Stewartstown, Pennsylvania
“Perfect Getaway”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 10, 2014

My Husband and I decided on short notice to try and get away for a long over due Beach Trip,, Married 31 years with 3 kids and 7 Grandkids and 2 on the way.. This was our first beach trip alone with no kids!! When calling Meris Gardens Sue the Manager was so sweet and kind and helpful< I feel like we have a new Friend.. We were only going to go for 1 night but changed it to 2 nights, So glad we did. IT was a Wonderful Stay very Quiet and Peaceful with everything you need and very close to everything.. We will stay there again Can't wait.. I love the shaded trees, birds, Flowers and the kind and warm Friendly Welcome:)

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Patti R, Manager at Meris Gardens, responded to this review, July 5, 2014
Susan- thank you so very much for your kind review. You and your husband were a delight to host. Sue IS now your friend so do not hesitate to phone us for anything to make your stay perfect for your next trip.
Patti

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Woodstock, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 4, 2014

My husband and I spent Memorial Day weekend (one of the busiest times of the year-and we were one of the very first guest since renovation this winter) at Meris Gardens after a long drive from Atlanta, GA. A late checkin on Sunday eve and Sue the Manager had called us while on the road and confirmed that she would leave the key for us and the lights on in Room 3.
Its a charming, quiet out of the way location, with a 10-15 minute walk to the beach or the boardwalk on tree lined streets. Our 3 night stay was great and we were on the road again, rested and refreshed. We were so happy with our stay, truly enjoyed the peace and quite. Coffee, fruit, light breakfast and Sues Good Morning smile was waiting for us in the main house each morning.
Sue, the Manager, was terrific, she made us feel right at home.
We would call Meris Gardens a Diamond in the Rough for Bethany Beach, and we will visit again.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Sue S, Owner at Meris Gardens, responded to this review, June 6, 2014
We are again humbled by such a positive review. Thanks for taking the time to write about your experience and we are so happy that you stayed with us and enjoyed our little slice of heaven in Bethany!!!
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 27, 2014

Memorial day weekend, and I get a phone call with an invitation to join some friends of ours staying in Bethany at their condo. I decided to get a room instead, because I wanted to be able to get away when necessary. 5min online and I found Merris Gardens. I am so glad I did! I expected to only sleep there. We arrived around Midnight Saturday and immediately were surprised at how peaceful and cozy the outside felt. The flowers in the garden and the gazebo were so charming we walked around the courtyard area for 10min before we even entered our room.
We found this place so cozy and peaceful, we never got to the beach until 2pm Sunday because we were enjoying sitting in the courtyard drinking Tea/Coffee and enjoying some breakfast. I cannot express how secluded, peaceful, and tucked away this place is.... This was Memorial day weekend, busiest of the year, and here we are.... 5min from the beach, and we didn't want to leave the gazebo. We ended up staying longer than planned, and my wife loved the place, if you are looking for a quiet, peaceful, serene place to vacation with your wife or husband I highly recommend staying here, especially if you are anything like me, the less people around- the better. We were so happy with our stay, my wife said "I love this place, we are staying here next time."
It is so close to everything, I drove to the beach/boardwalk in 2min...you could bike it in 5min and walk it in 8min.
The best part is the manager Susan, she did an amazing job at fulfilling any requests, answering questions, and making us feel at home. I would wake up and walk thru the Garden to the Lodge and get myself some coffee and Tea for my wife, maybe a bagel or Danish.... And Susan would be around to say goodmorning and to answer our questions about the days plans or discuss how our previous evening was. I honestly, felt more comfortable there than any hotel.
My wife and I had a fantastic experience and we will be staying here from now on.

• Stayed May 2014
Sue S, Owner at Meris Gardens, responded to this review, June 2, 2014
What a nice review. Thanks so much!! We have a great manager, and "freshened up" motel, and grounds, so it is fantastic to read that both are appreciated. I agree that Sue makes the place special - she is the best. Our goal has been to take advantage of the motel's charm, and great location, and build from there. Sounds like it is working!!! Safe travels and thanks again.
Westminster, Maryland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 25, 2014

My wife and I spent a lovely Memorial Day weekend here at the newly renovated Meris Garden Motel, formerly the Westward Pines. (We were the very first guests since he renovation, so you know this is clean and fresh.) It's an old-fashioned and quaint place nestled in the pines, a short walk from the center of town and the beach. Old fashioned in the best way, but also with free wifi, hi def TV, lovely new decor in the rooms, breakfast and coffee in the house, and happy hour in the afternoon.

Best part? Sue, the manager, is great. She'll make you feel right at home, and take care of anything you need.

So, get ready for quiet walks, reading a book in the garden, chatting with fellow guests, and riding a bike into town for dinner. A real gem.

Room Tip: There are three rooms in the main house which are knotty pine and pretty. The other rooms are in th...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank 26Years-StillGoing
Sue S, Manager at Meris Gardens, responded to this review, May 28, 2014
Thank you so much for staying with us and for taking the time to review Meris Gardens. We are very glad to read that you had a good experience. As new owners, we are so proud of the hard work we have done over the winter and it is great to hear that it is appreciated. The room renovations, especially replacing the older carpet with new tile, seems to really help, as does the new painting, bedding, linens, etc. We even added hair dryers and brought in a high-end line of toiletries!! The new community lodge area has been well received and active too!! It was a great weekend of weather, to hang out on our newly landscaped property, and we are so glad the weekend was a good one for you. We hope you get away again soon and come visit us again! Thanks.
Baltimore, Maryland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 6, 2013

My boyfriend and I stayed here last month for the Bethany Beach Triathalon, and we couldn't have been more pleased with the cute, homey accommodations. It's not right on the beach, but it's scenic with trees, grass, and landscaping, and is a short walk from the beach. The owner was very friendly and helpful. The only issue I had was that I showered with the bathroom door open, which caused the smoke alarm to go off. I mentioned this to the owner and she said she would take care of it, and this was the first time she'd heard of the problem. The rooms are clean, a little bit dark for my tastes, but apparently there are renovations underway, so the place will be even nicer shortly. Overall, I'd highly recommend. It's not fancy- it's not a Hilton, but I'd choose to stay here again.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank adcvcl
Baltimore, MD
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 27, 2013

We were looking for lodging the night before Bethany's annual triathlon, and we found out about Westward Pines. Booking the room over the phone was super simple.

We arrived and immediately liked the cozy and tucked away nature that it offers. Check in was smooth, and our room was perfect (no issues at all during the stay). I mention the triathlon again because, in the room, there were two powerbars and waters as a welcome gift. It seems simple, but that gesture really meant a lot to me because they didn't know that I am a newbie triathlete and was nervous, too.

We were a close distance to Bethany's main street, although it's a manage walk, Westward Pines offered free bicycles and locks at our convinience.

Upon check-out, Sue told us of their 2014 plans. I am not much of an Eastern Shore beach person, but I would really like to come back for a weekend next year. I really just needed a place to sleep for the night, and I actually enjoyed being at the hotel.

Room Tip: We have no complaints; we were a middle room and did not hear anything from the adjoining neighbors.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Todd S
Patti-Peek, Guest Relations Manager at Meris Gardens, responded to this review, September 4, 2014
Hi
Thank you for the review. We are so proud of the renovated property, now called Meris Gardens. Our Innkeeper, Sue is outstanding. Please come this Fall/Winter for a get away!
Patti
Pottstown, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 19, 2013

My family was a having a reception for our daughter's wedding in Bethany last weekend and needed 7-10 rooms on short notice. Other hotels in the area required a 2 night stay, but Sue at Westward Pines allowed us to block those rooms without holding us to the 2 night stay. She was absolutely a delight to work with and we have never had more personal service. We were told the hotel had new owners and that they were working on renovating the rooms so there were no big surprises. My family took up 7 rooms and loved the homey, family environment. We would definitely come back to stay and are looking forward to seeing the upgrades next year.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Dunes Manor Hotel & Suites
#2 of 103 in Ocean City
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,960 reviews
AmericInn Lodge & Suites Rehoboth Beach
AmericInn Lodge & Suites Rehobot...
#14 of 27 in Rehoboth Beach

Been to Meris Gardens? Share your experiences!