“Filthy restaurant with so-so food”
Review of Big Peaches Bar & Grill - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Big Peaches Bar & Grill
Fairfax, Virginia
“Filthy restaurant with so-so food”
Reviewed August 29, 2012

I guess I should have just left after looking at the filthy floor and the flies all over my booth, but we were really hungry. I can't believe this place ranks 36 out of 40-something in Bethany. I'd hate to have sat down in any of the others. Was the fook OK? My fires were fine, the pulled pork was a slimy mass of goo.

• Visited August 2012
1 Thank Bruce57718

Germantown Maryland
“Definitely a dive bar”
Reviewed August 5, 2012

My wife and I went into Big Peaches on a Lark for a drink. Definitely a locals bar, lots of character to the place. We had five mixed drinks (They were weak and we were not driving) for $25, definitely inexpensive for the Beach.

• Visited August 2012
1 Thank D4379
Etters, Pennsylvania
“Good wings!”
Reviewed September 23, 2011

I think that Peaches is the only bar in Bethany, (at least what I could find). That being said remember its just that, a bar with bar food, so I wouldnt call it a restaurant or rate it as one.

The first thing I noticed when I walked in was the smell of over whelming grease that smacks you in the face. This is not a large place and I could imagine that in the summer it could get quite crowded considering the location, (in the middle of the mini city of Sea Colony). There were home made wooden tables and a medium size bar. There was also a small room with a pool table. There were about 5-6 flat screen tv's scattered around with sports but they do not get the Phillies games, (just sayin'). They only had one bathroom which did not blow my hair back to say the least, and it was not the cleanest either. That would be my biggest gripe!

Hubby and I ordered wings, he had the hot and I had the Peaches BBQ which was outstanding! Celery and bleu cheese dressing accompanied the meal. Our check was only $17 for a large pitcher of Bud Lite and our meals...so hey a fun night out in a laid back joint with a friendly owner/bartender, its all good!

Micki

• Visited September 2011
2 Thank Mickifor2
Middletown, Delaware
“Un pretentious Bar/Grill.... good value for money”
Reviewed September 17, 2011

It was toward the end of the season so only the bar side was open. It is exactly what it says it is...a Bar with food. Several booths were occupied but service was swift and friendly. We had a starter of Wings which were in a good BBQ sauce and my daughters picky friend even gave them the thumbs up (rare!) My daughters friend wanted food off the kids menu and they were happy to oblige rather than force the individual adult pricing ...also rare!
Food is mainly hot and cold sandwhiches and typical bar food. Good value for money and very friendly helpful waitress. If you want simple food i would give it the thumbs up.

• Visited September 2011
Lancaster, Pennsylvania
“So-so Experience”
Reviewed August 29, 2011

My wife and I were out looking for a restaurant on a Sunday night and came across Big Peaches. It wasn't crowded, only four booths in use and a half dozen or so at the bar, so we gave it a try.
A so-so experience. The waitress was very quick to bring us menus and drinks, but it took over 45 minutes to get our food - a crab dip starter and pork bbq and reuben sandwiches.
The food, however, when it came was very good and the prices were reasonable, especially for the Delaware shore in season.
The atmosphere was mixed - typical shore bar with what appeared to be locals at the bar and vacationers (with youngsters at three of the booths) filling the booths.
A place we would probably revisit at home, but not good or unique enough to draw a return visit in a locale that has so many other places to try.

• Visited August 2011