“Thanksgiving Dinner in a sandwich!”

capriotti's sandwich shop
Ranked #55 of 85 Restaurants in Bethany Beach
Cuisines: American
Reviewed January 2, 2012

I only get the "Turkey Bobbie" sandwichs which have fresh turky and cranberry sauce and stuffing all in one sandwich.

Reviewed September 1, 2011

I went to Capriotti's a few time each of the past few summers and was there on opening weekend a few summers when I believe the owner/founder's son kicked things off. He gave me a few coupons for free subs which we gobbled up... The subs are huge and inventive - the Bobby, with fresh turkey, cranberry sauce and stuffing, or the Slawbejoe, with roast beef, russian dressing and slaw.

Flash forward to this summer... Sign on the door said credit card machine was broken (right... cash business now...). I went in to order some subs late afternoon and all the tables were gone and it was a big empty space. A young lady sitting on the back prep counter yelled "Are you here for a phone order" before I finished coming in. When I said no, she slowly climbed down to assist. I asked about the tables - and she said "the new owner took them out... I guess he doesn't want anyone to eat inside..."

I ordered a steak and cheese and the slawbejoe and waited.... one customer on the way out but no one else there... a couple counter folks complaining to each other.... After 5 minutes I look in the back and no one is making my sub... the sitting-on-the-counter girl yells "how's that steak and cheese coming?" and someone in the way back walks over to start it...

Another family walks in, looks at the menu, sees no seats, says they wanted to sit and eat and they are here all week and will come back... After they walk out sitting-on-the-counter girl says to her coworker "they ain't coming back..."

The subs were pretty good, but they didn't come anywhere close to wanting to go back for this pathetic display of a business going down the tubes, staffed by apathetic, doing-the-owners-and-the-customers-no-favors employees.

I wonder if that sign saying the credit card machine is broken is still hanging on the door...

1  Thank Eyeballs
Reviewed August 21, 2011

My son is a huge fan of this chain. We were staying in O C and out to dinner close to this location in Bethany Beach. He always raved about the Thanksgiving sandwich. I think it is called a bobbie. Comes in three sizes. We got these at night before they closed, put them on ice and had them for lunch the next day on the beach. They were great. This particular sandwich is on a roll with fresh cut turkey, cranberry sauce, mayo, and stuffing. It will fill you up. Don't let your eyes be bigger than your stomach. Unless you are famished, stick with the smaller size.