Holiday Inn Express Bethany Beach
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Meris Gardens Bed & Breakfast(Bethany Beach)
Sands Motel(Fenwick Island)
Seaside Inn(Fenwick Island)
View Hotel
Fenwick Islander Motel(Fenwick Island)
View Hotel
Atlantic Coast Inn(Ocean City)
  • Pool
  • Beachfront
Fenwick Inn(Ocean City)
Cayman Suites(Ocean City)
View Hotel
All reviewsfront deskfree breakfastthe hotel is cleanwithin walking distancehard boiled eggsthe breakfast areastaff was very friendly and helpfulshort staynice breakfastcottage cafeoff seasonbeds were comfortablebreakfast stafftowelswalgreensbeachbethany
FilterAll languages
Reviewed July 24, 2009

Had a nice stay at this hotel. If I'm in Bethany Beach again, though, I would look into staying at one of the rental properties/beach houses. They looked so cute and were closer to the beach and/or boardwalk/town area, which is a very short drive away or not a bad walk from the hotel. But if you want to stay in a hotel, there's not many hotels like this there, so this would be a good choice.

The hotel has a small pool--unheated. The water was cold, although some kids and their parents toughed it out. Be prepared to walk to get to the beach, lugging all your stuff (towels, beach chairs, etc.) with you. To get to the beach, you have to walk down a road, past the Sea Colony resort and its tennis courts and down a little ways. It takes about 10 or more minutes. It'd be a whole lot faster if you could just cut through Sea Colony.

The room is pretty with newer bedding--the kind without those gross hotel comforters I always kick to the side anyway.

There's hot breakfast--it changes slightly each day. One day there was sausage gravy, biscuits, eggs, microwave bacon, English muffins, etc. There's also tea, juice, coffee, milk, cereal, fruit, danishes, muffins and more. I was worried about it being too packed in the breakfast room. Some days it was, but even when we got there about an hour before breakfast ended, there was still food. People usually finish up pretty quickly, so even if there isn't a place to sit right away, something opens up. One day, we took our food and ate in another room, a nearby conference room. We didn't care though.

The hotel room itself has a small fridge and microwave. My boyfriend also used the on-site fitness center a few times during our stay. There's an exercise bike and treadmill. There may have been an elliptical in there, too. There are towels in there. Some people took them to the pool.

Near the lobby, there's a computer with Internet access. I didn't use it, but I saw some people checking their e-mail and the weather.

The hotel is near a Walgreens. It's in the same lot. That was convenient for snacks.

The hotel is about a 15-20 minute drive from Ocean City, MD. That's where we went at night for most of our dinners and to check out the boardwalk, which has a lot more to offer than Bethany Beach's shorter boardwalk. We'd hang in Bethany Beach during the day and in Ocean City at night.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 2, 2009

I have never written a review, nor have I ever complained about a hotel stay, but I feel strongly about never returning to this hotel ever again. I was first put into a handicapped room without even being notified when I checked in (and I'm not handicapped). So I asked to move to another room. This next one smelled of strong chemicals that were so unbearable I asked to move again. The next room had a musty/moldy smell but I decided I was sick of moving around so I stuck it out. There were hairs all throughout the bedding and on the bathroom floor. On my second day, after they refreshed the towels, I pulled a hand towel off the towel rack only to find a buger hanging on the rack (that wasn't there the day before), and sand all over one of the other hand towels (and I never went to the beach...unfortunately...business trip). So needless to say I checked out and reported the buger to the front desk and I will never go back there again.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled on business
5  Thank JKHJKH
Reviewed June 5, 2009

I had called the phone number for the Holiday Inn Express in Bethany Beach, to make reservations, but a mix-up occured and our reservations were mistakenly made for the Holiday Inn in Rehoboth Beach. We didn't notice this until we were on our way to Bethany. We arrived at the Bethany Holiday Inn around noon and I explained the situation to Vicki at the front desk. She got our problem straightened out within a few minutes and we were able to check in immediately. The hotel was decorated beautifully and everything was immaculate. The beds and pillows were very comfortable, the bathroom was large and very clean with great towels. The room had a little kitchenette with a fridge, sink and coffeepot. The pool was beautiful with lots of lounge chairs in a very nice setting. The complimentary breakfast was very good, plenty of seating with a good variety of hot food - bacon, eggs, fresh fruit, muffins, bagels, cereal, coffee, juice, etc.

A computer with an internet connection is available in the lobby to check e-mail and there is a work-out room with exercise equipment. All employees were friendly and helpful. It was a short and pleasant walk to the beach from the hotel and the beach was very quiet, not crowded at all.

We hope to return for many more stays at this great hotel.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank LeeGettysburg
Reviewed May 13, 2009

We have stayed at this hotel twice primarily because Bethany Beach doesn't have nay other hotels (it's mostly houses or condos to rent). I gave it 4 and not 3 stars because I would certainly go back and for the following reasons: (a) clean and (b) great location. The walk to the beach is two blocks, and driving is not recommended as spaces are so incredibly limited (and that's an understatement). We carried our beach chairs and umbrella every day and it was such a short distance that it wasn't a problem. You do have to cross a major (albeit not busy) road and cars do stop but be forewarned (especially if you have kids that like to run away from you). The location is also great because the part of the beach it is by is fairly quiet and nice since you are not at the heart of the beach. Food is about 6 or 7 blocks away on the main strip. There are MANY GREAT restaurants and we walked to dinner and lunch there every day--frankly it's a pleasant walk (parking there can be tough too, but easier than at the beach). The rooms we stayed in all had little refrigerators so I assume all rooms have these, which is convenient.

The negatives are as follows:
-breakfast buffet, while included and offered is not great for two reasons (a) not too many choices (i.e. you cannot make waffles), although it is a buffet and you get little muffins, bagels (you can toast them), cereal and beverages. I'm sure there were eggs of some sort but I can't recall because I didn't eat them, and (b) not a big enough dining room. This hotel gets VERY busy and there are just not enough tables for everyone so if you're not lucky, you may end up having to take food up to your room or just wait until a table is free (and no, no one is seating you, you just grab a table for yourself).
-cannot order movies on the TV so for anyone who wants to watch a movie at night, better luck next time.

Overall, however, the hotel is clean and in a great location (CVS right next door, in case you need anything) and I would recommend it for a short (i.e. 2-4 day) stay. This is many steps above a motel, but it is not the Ritz.

Stayed: August 2008, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Earth3003
Reviewed August 17, 2008

We had just stayed in the Hilton in Washington (in a exec. suite) and the Ritz-Carlton at Tysons (also in a suite) so this hotel really had to perform!!

Great service - we arrived earlier than check-in and a room was found for us.

All the staff were really lovely the whole time we stayed there (5 nights)

Great location - just a 5 -10 minute walk to the beach.

Rooms are very large - plenty of room for the baby crib. Really needs a bit of a refurb in the bathroom - although most of the time we messed ours us up with half the beach brought back in our towels.

A/c is v. noisy and we couldn't turn it off and open a window - it kept waking up our toddler.

Breakfast was v.v. busy but cleared pretty quickly. Although I think I would have preferred to have paid for breakfast and it might have been a bit quieter?

Overall we had a lovely time (although it was more expensive than our suite at the Washington Hilton!)

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2  Thank medders1