Holiday Inn Express Bethany Beach
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Meris Gardens Bed & Breakfast(Bethany Beach)
Sands Motel(Fenwick Island)
Seaside Inn(Fenwick Island)
View Hotel
Fenwick Islander Motel(Fenwick Island)
View Hotel
Atlantic Coast Inn(Ocean City)
  • Pool
  • Beachfront
Fenwick Inn(Ocean City)
Cayman Suites(Ocean City)
View Hotel
All reviewsfront deskfree breakfastthe hotel is cleanwithin walking distancehard boiled eggsthe breakfast areastaff was very friendly and helpfulshort staynice breakfastcottage cafeoff seasonbeds were comfortablebreakfast stafftowelswalgreensbeachbethany
FilterAll languages
Reviewed July 2, 2009

I have never written a review, nor have I ever complained about a hotel stay, but I feel strongly about never returning to this hotel ever again. I was first put into a handicapped room without even being notified when I checked in (and I'm not handicapped). So I asked to move to another room. This next one smelled of strong chemicals that were so unbearable I asked to move again. The next room had a musty/moldy smell but I decided I was sick of moving around so I stuck it out. There were hairs all throughout the bedding and on the bathroom floor. On my second day, after they refreshed the towels, I pulled a hand towel off the towel rack only to find a buger hanging on the rack (that wasn't there the day before), and sand all over one of the other hand towels (and I never went to the beach...unfortunately...business trip). So needless to say I checked out and reported the buger to the front desk and I will never go back there again.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled on business
5  Thank JKHJKH
Reviewed June 5, 2009

I had called the phone number for the Holiday Inn Express in Bethany Beach, to make reservations, but a mix-up occured and our reservations were mistakenly made for the Holiday Inn in Rehoboth Beach. We didn't notice this until we were on our way to Bethany. We arrived at the Bethany Holiday Inn around noon and I explained the situation to Vicki at the front desk. She got our problem straightened out within a few minutes and we were able to check in immediately. The hotel was decorated beautifully and everything was immaculate. The beds and pillows were very comfortable, the bathroom was large and very clean with great towels. The room had a little kitchenette with a fridge, sink and coffeepot. The pool was beautiful with lots of lounge chairs in a very nice setting. The complimentary breakfast was very good, plenty of seating with a good variety of hot food - bacon, eggs, fresh fruit, muffins, bagels, cereal, coffee, juice, etc.

A computer with an internet connection is available in the lobby to check e-mail and there is a work-out room with exercise equipment. All employees were friendly and helpful. It was a short and pleasant walk to the beach from the hotel and the beach was very quiet, not crowded at all.

We hope to return for many more stays at this great hotel.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank LeeGettysburg
Reviewed May 13, 2009

We have stayed at this hotel twice primarily because Bethany Beach doesn't have nay other hotels (it's mostly houses or condos to rent). I gave it 4 and not 3 stars because I would certainly go back and for the following reasons: (a) clean and (b) great location. The walk to the beach is two blocks, and driving is not recommended as spaces are so incredibly limited (and that's an understatement). We carried our beach chairs and umbrella every day and it was such a short distance that it wasn't a problem. You do have to cross a major (albeit not busy) road and cars do stop but be forewarned (especially if you have kids that like to run away from you). The location is also great because the part of the beach it is by is fairly quiet and nice since you are not at the heart of the beach. Food is about 6 or 7 blocks away on the main strip. There are MANY GREAT restaurants and we walked to dinner and lunch there every day--frankly it's a pleasant walk (parking there can be tough too, but easier than at the beach). The rooms we stayed in all had little refrigerators so I assume all rooms have these, which is convenient.

The negatives are as follows:
-breakfast buffet, while included and offered is not great for two reasons (a) not too many choices (i.e. you cannot make waffles), although it is a buffet and you get little muffins, bagels (you can toast them), cereal and beverages. I'm sure there were eggs of some sort but I can't recall because I didn't eat them, and (b) not a big enough dining room. This hotel gets VERY busy and there are just not enough tables for everyone so if you're not lucky, you may end up having to take food up to your room or just wait until a table is free (and no, no one is seating you, you just grab a table for yourself).
-cannot order movies on the TV so for anyone who wants to watch a movie at night, better luck next time.

Overall, however, the hotel is clean and in a great location (CVS right next door, in case you need anything) and I would recommend it for a short (i.e. 2-4 day) stay. This is many steps above a motel, but it is not the Ritz.

Stayed: August 2008, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Earth3003
Reviewed August 17, 2008

We had just stayed in the Hilton in Washington (in a exec. suite) and the Ritz-Carlton at Tysons (also in a suite) so this hotel really had to perform!!

Great service - we arrived earlier than check-in and a room was found for us.

All the staff were really lovely the whole time we stayed there (5 nights)

Great location - just a 5 -10 minute walk to the beach.

Rooms are very large - plenty of room for the baby crib. Really needs a bit of a refurb in the bathroom - although most of the time we messed ours us up with half the beach brought back in our towels.

A/c is v. noisy and we couldn't turn it off and open a window - it kept waking up our toddler.

Breakfast was v.v. busy but cleared pretty quickly. Although I think I would have preferred to have paid for breakfast and it might have been a bit quieter?

Overall we had a lovely time (although it was more expensive than our suite at the Washington Hilton!)

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2  Thank medders1
Reviewed August 3, 2008

Well, since this was our third time here that should tell you something. As we are from Pittsburgh its about the closest we can get to the beach. Our kids went on a short notice to stay with Grandma in Flordia so I came up with " lets go back to Bethany". As we are Platnum Priority card members( which dosent add up to much)w e hoped to make easy reservations. Didnt happen, but once we got to the HI in Bethany they made it all right!!! Thank you. The manager talked to my husband prior to getting there and remembered talking to him. NICE!! Also the wonderfully dressed gentelman at the front desk said " you are here , now relax" THANKS!! We remembered him from our last stay. Last time we were here was right after my Mom had passed away Aug 2006, as no one knew that they made us feel right at home. Its nice, we will be back. Go to The Cottage Cafe, not as expensive as Mickeys. Good Food. Good Dune Fries. Eat early and then take a bottle of wine, haul it across the street and "chill" with your better half. Nice relaxing beach, shop early am. We really liked our room, nice renovations since last time. This could be a Holiday Inn Select, only improvement we could see. A small bar area and maybe small restaraunt?? Thanks again, we had fun and you guys are great!!!

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled as a couple