We really enjoyed our stay at the Holiday Inn Express Bethany Beach. We were there the weekend after Thanksgiving and were not sure how crowded and noisy it might be. But the hotel was very quiet, and very nice. I thought it was very clean, and the carpet in the hallways seemed new, even smelled new!
We enjoyed the free breakfast, though we were disappointed that the "world-famous" cinnamon rolls did not come in that weekend. I had really been looking forward to that. The breakfast area was also very crowded at 9 a.m. on Saturday - we would hate to see it in the summer!
Our room was very nice and spacious. We enjoyed the little kitchenetter, complete with small counter and fridge, and microwave, and sink. Good place to keep cold drinks and leftovers. I was only disappointed that there was not a small couch or stuffed chair in the room - I'm 7 months pregnant, and the chairs at the table weren't comfortable enough for me - can't even get comfortable with 5 pillows in bed!
We also loved the free wireless service - very useful for looking up restaurant reviews while traveling. That is one caution - in the off-season, it is hard to find a decent place to eat, unless you are willing to pay a lot. The Cottage Cafe across the street seemed nice and cozy, and was pretty crowded on Friday night. And we loved having Happy Harry's in the same parking lot - stopped in there twice for snacks, drinks, and makeup!
One other positive to this area is how close it is to Rehoboth and OC, MD. We visited both, and enjoyed the outlets and movies in Rehoboth. Twenty minutes travel time!
Enjoy your stay!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the Holiday Inn Express Bethany Beach!The Holiday Inn Express, just 2 blocks from the beach in the heart of Delaware's 'Quiet Resorts', puts you in the heart of it all! Just a few short blocks away from the famous Bethany Beach Boardwalk, you're central to everything Bethany Beach has to offer; including bountiful tax-free downtown shopping, renowned restaurants, Bear Trap Dunes, Salt Pond, and just miles from Fenwick Island, Ocean City, Rehoboth Beach and the Cape May-Lewes Ferry. Whatever your reason for visiting, you'll find our well-appointed, luxurious guest accommodations are fitted with the modern amenities and conveniences sure to meet your every need. Awaken each morning to a free full hot breakfast, featuring a wonderful variety of both hot and cold selections from which you can choose. Our thoughtful amenities such as free wireless internet access, sparkling outdoor swimming pool, fitness center, plush Simply Smart linens and award-winning shower heads help ensure each night is a great night and every day starts out right!No matter your reason for visiting Bethany Beach, the Holiday Inn Express is here to make your visit to a success! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, IHG, Hotwire, Travelocity, Priceline, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and HRS so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Bethany Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Bethany Beach Hotel Bethany Beach
- Holiday Inn Bethany Beach
- Bethany Beach Holiday Inn