“Good food, Good service!”
Review of Off the Hook

Off the Hook
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Description: OFF THE HOOK is located in Bethany Beach, DE. Our menu centers around the "ocean & farm to table" concept. Please come in and enjoy great food and a full beer, wine and liquor selection. * Fresh * honest * local * NOTE - the menu on Tripadvisor is outdated and cannot be changed. Go to offthehookbethany . com for the most accurate menus.
Reviewed August 28, 2013

My wife and I had dinner here last nite 08.27.13 and had a very positive experience. To baseline our review, we love Nage & Blue Moon in Rehoboth. We have never eaten at Grotto's. We were seated quickly and our server took our drink and food order. My wife loves her red's and had a nice glass of wine and I had an a Yards (they were out of Evolution). We shared the crab dip which was delicious and not too filling. I had a delicious ceasar salad and my wife had the arugula & melon salad which she liked. For the mains I had the cioppino and my wife a special the Halibut. Both our mains were delicious and filling. Service was very good and prompt. The pace was quick but this is the summer at the De beaches and they have to turn tables. We did not feel rushed though. I would recommend Off the Hook.

Reviewed August 25, 2013

After reading the reviews, we decided this was a place we had to try. The reviews were spot on. We sat outdoors (in the parking lot) and were able to be seated immediately. Our server was prompt an answered all of our questions. We shared a wonderful salad. I had the shrimp and grits and my friend had the trout. Both were expertly prepared. The strawberry shortcake was amazing. I love the farm to table experience. The only negative comment I have is that the service was a little rushed.

1  Thank Grancy06
Reviewed August 23, 2013

My fiancée & I went to eat there upon reading the reviews here on TripAdvisor on July 28, 2013. We arrived around 5:30 & expected a long wait. We ere warmly greeted & told there would be about a 30-45 minute wait. Every 10 minutes or so the greeter made a point to keep us updated (w/o us asking) and apologized for the delay. After a 20 minute wait we were seated inside.

Our server made the experience exceptional. Her name was "Coby". She was friendly, attentive, suggested some great appetizers for us to try and cocktails. My fiancée enjoy all kinds of cuisine and love to eat when on vacation. Coby was honest and helpful in all of the suggestions she made. She made the dining experience such a pleasant one.

The food was excellent. Again, we eat in all kinds of places all over the states, styles, fine, fast, etc. Having travelled to Bethany Beach for over 15 years every summer, I will say it is one of the best, if not the best restaurant I have ever been to in the DelMarVa area. Seriously. My fiancée likes steak well done...this was the best well done steak I ever tried! I never ever, order, nor have well done steak, but in trying hers it was juicy and tender = amazing to find a place that cooks to order in the right way. I honestly had the best crab cakes ever, ever, ever! All meat, no filler, not fried = divine. (see my picture for proof)

I say the best because the food was great, service = impeccable. We had no major wait for drinks, appetizers, entrees nor desserts. It was a crowded evening and expected to have to wait, but this was not the case. At the end of our meal the manager/owner came by to ask about out experience. He was charming and seemed to really care about what we said.

We most definitely will return to Off The Hook, and recommended it to our family who owns property in BB.

In reading a recent review of a disappointed diner here on TA, I would highly recommend to try OTH one more time. They must have had a severely bad night or you had bad luck....and no, we were totally sober on our visit! LOL.

It was worth every penny, and yes, you will spend some here.

The only con: parking is super limited. You may have to be creative in this realm.

Reviewed August 20, 2013

What a disappointment. Our waiter could not have been ruder or less interested. Don't know his name because he never said it or anything more than was absolutely necessary. My husband got the roasted chicken and I got the scallops. Bland and underwhelming. Best part of the meal was the free bread. What a waste of money. Cannot understand the rave reviews. Maybe everyone got liquored up before eating.

1  Thank MamaKV
Reviewed August 19, 2013 via mobile

We arrived shortly after 6 on a Monday evening. 15 minute wait during which we ordered drinks to have outside. Table next to us was 5 kids approximatley 10 and under whose parents were seated at a separate table. Kids will be kids, just prefer an adult dining experience. Our meal was excellent (calamari, crab cakes, cioppino), but could not understand why children's menu is offered. There were easily a dozen adults waiting to be seated while five kids ate mac and cheese. Seems wasted revenue, not to mention a bit of a turn off as a diner (who also has children). Would go back, but with a more careful eye to where we'd be seated!