“Great BB”
Review of Addy Sea

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Bethany Beach
Addy Sea
Reviewed June 13, 2011

Clean and tidy. Fantastic location on the beach. Reasonable prices. This is a quiet inn run very professionally. I was really impressed. Would give it five stars if the coffee/breakfast brought up to another level, but completely satisfied.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled solo
2  Thank garratys
There are newer reviews for Addy Sea

Reviewed May 25, 2011

A wonderful place for a romantic getaway on our anniversary. A bit on the pricey side but definitely worth it. Easy access to the beach and lots of comfy chairs on the wide porches to enjoy a cup of tea or coffee. Plenty of yummy selections at breakfast in the gorgeous dinning room. Sinfully delicious afternoon tea snacks :) . Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple
2  Thank MinaTheCat
Reviewed January 31, 2011

From the minute you pull up and see the beautiful old home you are amazing even more once you go inside. The entire house is furnished in period furniture...the fireplaces were had roaring fires in them...the entire house was spotless...the owner showed us our room...gave restaraunt info...but was not intrusize at all...room #11 had a wonderful view of the ocean...breakfast the next day was absolutely amazing!!! I cannot say enough good things about The Addy Sea!

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled as a couple
3  Thank PennyAnne23
Reviewed July 13, 2010

My husband and I just returned from our 2 night getaway at the Addy Sea Inn. The location couldn't have been better, oceanfront!. The inn is a historic building with a lovely wrap around porch equipped with wicker chairs and white rockers. Our room was #12. It was in the back of the building at the top of the back staircase. This was convenient for us but, was also the bathing suit entrance. This meant everybody (most everyone) used these steps to get up to their rooms when coming off the beach. Not a problem during the day but at night we heard some guests coming and going a few times. Our room was very large and bright with many windows. There was a king sleep number bed and the only room with a tv. We could have survived without! The bathroom was small with a 2 person jacuzzi. We are not bath people, but made due. There was a hand held shower in the tub as well. We had a hard time figuring out the shower! It sprayed everywhere! Maggie, the manager told us about the hall bathroom if we wanted to take a shower. It had a shower stall. I guess some other rooms must have the same shower set up because the first day the hall shower got a lot if use! The breakfast (served 9-10 am) was wonderful. "The girls", made a homemade spread that was well worth the wait. During the summer months you can also ask for a bag lunch.The daily menu is posted near the dining room. You must inform the staff if you want a lunch by 10:30 in the morning.I had only one but it was very tasty chicken salad on croissant, bag of chips and soda or water. If you are coming to Bethany for only a few days the Addy Sea is perfect. It is a bit pricy but the location and food included makes it nice. Maggie was most helpful with anything we needed. Oh and the owner stopped in. He is a hoot as well as a fellow Hokie fan!!!

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple
2  Thank ex-laxmom
Reviewed July 6, 2010

What does anyone want from a stay at the beach - a cozy, friendly bed and breakfast located on the ocean, where even the rooms with limited views offer great views. Victorian decor that doesn't seem forced (the pressed tin ceilings look original not the tacky drop ceiling imitation style stuff). A calming breeze across a shaded wrap-around porch, unobtrusive but attentive staff, amenities such as free beach chairs and bicycles, the beach so close that it is literally steps away. The Addy Sea has it all - bring your stress and watch it melt away. Ask to stick around (who wouldn't?) after check-out time and the staff is equally helpful, but here is where perfection stubs its toe. Outdoor showers are available for guests that stay after checkout, but one of them is simply broken. Worse yet, the parking tag that you're given to place on your vehicle for the city-owned lot - well that only covers you for the day you check in. So you're vulnerable to the parking police for the day you check out (hurry down to the lot to feed the meter before 11!). So why doesn't the Addy Sea management offer to give you a tag that covers the day of checkout for an additional fee? I'd much rather pay a parking fee to a business that is looking out for me and my car, rather than pay twice as much in the way of a fine. one small thing that's overlooked - but the Addy Sea would be perfect if all it overlooked was the ocean...

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple
3  Thank colinU
Reviewed June 30, 2010

My family started visiting Bethany Beach for our Summer vacations starting back in the early 60's, so I have a tender spot for this small beach community. I reside on the West Coast but travel back to Delaware to join my family for a time. I booked The Addy Sea instead of staying in the family rental, as it was overflowing with members of the clan. Anyone who has ever spent time in Bethany knows The Addy Sea, it is one of the original structure built at the turn of the 20th Century. A charming structure, many interesting rooms ( you may view each and every one on their web site) a parlor and a large dining area for breakfasting. I particularly enjoyed the wrap around porch with inviting chairs and small tables to rest your beverages on and take in the view of the sand dunes and sunsets. My only criticism, several of the staff were less then friendly. I don't often stay in B&B's I am more of a hotel person but it would seem to this traveller, staying in a B&B is like staying in someones home I just wish this family were happier to have me staying there.

Stayed: June 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Marcmarc
Reviewed April 25, 2010

My wife had somehow remembered this B&B from a prior trip; we made reservations for three nights. The staff (owner) was consistently pleasant from first call to check-out. On a stormy January weekend, we watched the ocean from a corner window, stayed warm in the comfy bed (chose the room with full bath over the one w/ "Sleep Number" bed), and had time for walks on the beach. The beach is steps away from the porch. There is a fridge to keep your wine or beer, and the rockers on the porch look like a wonderful site in warmer weather.
Breakfasts were nicely done, with good main dish and some fruit and fresh bread. Wood-pellet fireplace in the parlor was a nice touch this weekend.
The host was helpful with restaurant info and other local tips, but not the sort to bend your ear if you didn't invite it (I have seen that too often).
In our book of seaside B&B locations, this is first-rate.

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled as a couple
#23 of 104 in Ocean City
Meris Gardens Bed & Breakfast
Meris Gardens Bed & Breakfast
#3 of 3 in Bethany Beach

Been to Addy Sea? Share your experiences!