“Plaza MicroBrewery”

Stewart's Brewing Co
Ranked #1 of 83 Restaurants in Bear
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: Stewart's Brewing Company is a 200-seat full-service restaurant and brewpub with a 30-seat bar. By law, the entire restaurant is smoke-free. We are located in a strip mall with ample parking. Families are welcome. Large groups are welcome. We have many big-screen TV's for your favorite sporting events and for NTN Buzztime Trivia. Full menu is available from 11:00 a.M. Until 10:45p.M. Sunday through Thursday and 11:00am until 12:45a.M. Friday and Saturday. Great hand-crafted beer all the time!
Reviewed July 29, 2013

The beer is good but expensive; you get plenty of food for the money but it's not outstanding; and the place has little atmosphere. They had a large crowd on a Thursday night but I wasn't overly impressed all the way around.

1  Thank JudyG09

Reviewed July 26, 2013

I was living in Delaware for the past six months not far away from here.

I came here a good four or so times and I really enjoyed it.
I'm a person of routine and throughly enjoy a good burger.

I found the burgers here to be very good - obviously, I kept going back and ordering them.
Half Price Burger Tuesdays are also a massive plus!

The service was above average but I would not so exceptional. And a downside is that the place got rather loud at times - it is a bar after all!

1  Thank jessicab953
Reviewed June 4, 2013

As a die hard biker, I like to ride to a destination where I can find unique food, hand crafted beers and good service.
Hidden in a strip mall, in Bear, Delaware is a true diamond in the rough. Stewart's Brewing Co. sits between a line of stores, just off of Rt. 40 and if you weren't looking for this place, you'd probably miss it. That would be sad.
This past Saturday, we braved the heat and rode down the back roads of NJ, across the twin spans, down old Rt. 9 and over to Bear for lunch. The ride was hot but traffic was light on the back roads and we arrived at Stewart's at exactly noon. We were presented with menus, the specials for the day and a list of the beers that are on tap. Decisions, decisions, decisions.
I opted for the Irish Red Ale and my friend Dave chose the Black and Tan. My Ale was smooth with a nice finish and immediately soothed my soul as well as assuaged my thirst. They hand craft their beers, on premise and the brewery sits just off of the dining room, in a glass encased room. You feel like you went back 100 years in time, sitting next to the brewery.
We both chose the Cuban Pork sandwiches, mine with pasta salad and my friend had the fries. The Cuban is a pile of shaved pork loin, pit smoked ham, sliced dill pickle and tangy chipotle mayo grilled on original style ciabatta bread. It is delicious. The bread is grilled to perfection and the marriage of the meats with the pickle and chipotle mayo throw a party for your mouth. I could probably eat two of these incredible sandwiches at a sitting.
I have had several of their Pub Fare offerings and each one is as unique as their beers. I always come up a winner when I am at Stewart's. They have Specials on most days and Saturday's special was a Wild Boar Sausage. Tempting but I had my mouth set for the Cuban. Maybe next time.
So, if you are looking for a destination with excellent food and great service, head to Bear, Delaware and stop in at Stewart's. You won't be sorry. It is a must visit when we are on the other side of the bridge and it never disappoints.

2  Thank njBiker
Al S, Owner at Stewart's Brewing Co, responded to this reviewResponded June 5, 2013

Thanks for the very kind words! We look forward to your next stop in!

Reviewed April 24, 2013

I met a group of friends here & the food was good & the service was great! The next time i'll have to actually sample the various beers!!

Al S, Owner at Stewart's Brewing Co, responded to this reviewResponded May 1, 2013

Thanks for your kind words and for taking the time to write your review. We look forward to seeing you again!

Reviewed March 24, 2013

We visit here often. They have a standard list of beers, with an additional 4-5 seasonal brews at all times. They have daily specials that change regularly, in addition to the standard menu. Soups are very good. 1/2 price burgers on Tuesdays. Brats come from a local farm. Mac and cheese is tasty. Decent bar food. Bar atmosphere. Casual. Great service. Lots of tvs. If you like trivia, fair number of regular Buzz Time trivia players.

Thanks for your kind words and for taking the time to write this review. We look forward to seeing you again!

Been to Stewart's Brewing Co? Share your experiences!