“No Coimment”

Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Bear
Harrisburg PA, United States
“No Coimment”
Reviewed July 23, 2013

No comment. I do not make public comment on any accommodations whether it was a good or bad experience I find it totally distasteful that you nake it mandatory that I write 200 chRCTERS. I WILL NEVER TAKE YOUR SURVEY AGAIN.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
Reviewed July 20, 2013

I had a very relaxing weekend. The staff was great the room was absolutely perfect. The hotel and room were very clean. The location is perfect with nearby restaurants and shopping. I can't wait for my next visit.

• Stayed July 2013
Samantha P, Guest Relations Manager at Best Western Plus Newark/Christiana Inn, responded to this review, July 23, 2013
We are pleased to hear you had a relaxing weekend! Thank you for your comments regarding the location and our cleanliness. We look forward to your next stay!
Bethany Beach, Delaware
Reviewed July 1, 2013

Booked a suite for the weekend stay while attending an event at the University of Delaware, about 15 minutes away. Check in went fine, no line and met with friendly front desk staff. The suite is separated by double doors, with master bedroom on one side and a pullout on the other. If you intend to use the air conditioner with the room separation doors closed, those staying in the pullout couch side will remain hot. There's a small wall fan separating the two rooms, however, it is placed at the top of the room blowing the warmer air into the pull out couch side - no help with moving the cold air into the hot room. The view from the room looked out into an RV yard, yuck!
Aesthetically speaking this hotel needs new carpets and a new coat of paint in places. There was an old ratty couch left at the end of the row of rooms. Maid service took used towels but forgot to leave clean ones. The free breakfast was what was expected - free, not so tasty. Spend the extra few dollars to stay in a different hotel.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Samantha P, Guest Relations Manager at Best Western Plus Newark/Christiana Inn, responded to this review, July 2, 2013
I am disappointed we failed to give you the fine service and consideration we strive for with all our guests – the type of service we pride ourselves in. Please know that your comments have been reviewed with our housekeeping and maintenance.

We appreciate your patronage and hope you will stay with us at the Best Western Plus the next time you are in Bear.
Plainfield, NJ
Reviewed June 30, 2013

This my was second stay at this facility and both times were nice. As in other reviews, location, accessibility to many other sites were great, not to mention the hot breakfast buffet. After a long day, it was also refreshing to enjoy the whirlpool in the room! Would stay again with this type service and price! I'm a native Delawarean, currently residing out of State, so I'm always amazed at how easy it is to get to so many places both in and out of Delaware. It is truly a "Small Wonder" and this is a great location to help discover them!
Allen

Room Tip: Small facility with only one elevator at the end of the hall, so one has to decide how close one wan...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
Samantha P, Guest Relations Manager at Best Western Plus Newark/Christiana Inn, responded to this review, July 1, 2013
Dear Allen,

It is always nice to have fellow Delawareans come back and visit our "Small Wonder". We thank you for your recent stay with us and also this complimentary review! It is great to hear you enjoyed one of our whirlpool suites as well as our amenities. We look forward to your next visit!
Stony Brook, New York
Reviewed June 28, 2013

For the first time in recent memory, I was unable to take a shower. Ok, we got the last room. And it was the handicapped room. But, the shower was totally gross. I am a tough cookie and the temps and humidity were up there and I sooooo needed a shower. It was that gross.
Everyone was complaining about the tv's not working. Apparently, the cable was out.
We paid $107. Happy to get a room. But, I hope never again do we stay at Best Western.

Room Tip: Do not know the answer to this.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Samantha P, Guest Relations Manager at Best Western Plus Newark/Christiana Inn, responded to this review, June 29, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to explain your dissatisfaction with our service. We appreciate all the feedback we receive from our guests and apologize for the inconvenience this situation caused you. We had experienced a power outage in the area causing the cable issues. We attempt to provide superior service and accommodations to all our guests. We have taken the necessary action to ensure similar situations such as yours can be avoided in the future. We welcome the opportunity to improve in the future.We sincerely hope that if you are in our area again, you choose to give us another opportunity to serve you.

Thank you again.
MD
Reviewed June 25, 2013

I had to travel to bear for business. . .I looked this place up on trip advisor and it did not disappoint. My children are out of school so I took them along. We go the two bedroom suite. It was spacious. The pool was nice. The breakfast was great. If I had to travel to this area again, I would stay at this place. The price was right. I was quiet and clean.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
We are pleased to hear you and your children enjoyed your stay in one of our family suites and enjoyed our amenities. We look forward to your next visit to this area. Thank you for your great review!
Trumansburg
Reviewed June 6, 2013

We have stayed at this hotel 4 times now. We stay for about 3 days. It's close to many things, the roads in the area are easy to travel, there's a great mall (Christiana Mall) an exit or two up the road. A Texas Roadhouse across the street. A nice pool with a hot tub to relax in when you get in for the evening. Breakfast is good...eggs/sausage or bacon, bagels, donuts, cereal, yogurt, waffles, hot coffee, juice. We always get a jaccuzi suite and it's always nice. Rooms are clean, bathrooms are clean. I own a cleaning business and I am very particular about hotel rooms. These are well kept. Bed and pillows were comfortable, which is unusual. During our last stay, I actually woke up the first night and made note of how comfortable and relaxed I was and went right back to sleep.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Beth M
Samantha P, Guest Relations Manager at Best Western Plus Newark/Christiana Inn, responded to this review, June 8, 2013
We appreciate your loyalty to the Best Western Brand, especially to our hotel and taking the time to review us. We are pleased that you enjoyed our many amenities and appreciate our I CARE cleaning processes which Best Western has implemented. We look forward to your next visit.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bear
Comfort Inn and Suites
Comfort Inn and Suites
#4 of 24 in Newark
Hilton Wilmington / Christiana
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Wilmington-Newark
Hampton Inn & Suites Wilmington Christiana
Red Roof Inn & Suites Newark - University
Ramada Newark/Wilmington

Been to Best Western Plus Newark/Christiana Inn? Share your experiences!