“Accommodating”

Best Western Plus Newark/Christiana Inn
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Bear
Reviewed October 8, 2012

We went as part of a large group. They were very accommodating and had a nice conference room to gather in. Clean, convenient and comfortable. Pool area was nicer than other hotels we've been to lately; nicer and bigger pool and deck area.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
Joan P, Guest Relations Manager at Best Western Plus Newark/Christiana Inn, responded to this reviewResponded October 18, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your teams’ accommodations experience here at the Best Western Plus. The Management and Staff are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay. Your feedback really warms our hearts because we have been working hard on accommodating our guests’ needs and give them a true positive experience. We hope to see your group again in the near future.

Reviewed August 8, 2012

We stayed here one night on our way to DC. Check in was quick and staff was friendly. $15 pet fee which isn't too bad. Right off the highway with plenty of restaurants in the area. Room was clean. Breakfast was complimentary but was very limited in selection and food and coffee was bad. We ended up getting breakfast elsewhere.

• Stayed: August 2012
1  Thank lizzielorax
Joan P, Guest Relations Manager at Best Western Plus Newark/Christiana Inn, responded to this reviewResponded August 10, 2012

Please accept our sincere apologies for our breakfast service did not meet your expectation. I can understand that it can be frustrating when you don’t have good cup of coffee first thing in the morning. We have addressed your concern with our staff and our vender. Although Best Western Plus is glad to here your enjoyed our newly renovated clean and comfortable room. We thank you for staying with us and hope to have you back again in the future.

Reviewed July 28, 2012

We went here for the Firefly Music Festival.
The staff was very friendly and inclined to help guests. We appreciated the very clean and quiet room. Good position close to restaurants and the highway to Dover. Hope to come back. Sure!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Alicio81
Joan P, Guest Relations Manager at Best Western Plus Newark/Christiana Inn, responded to this reviewResponded July 31, 2012

Thank you for choosing the Best Western Plus for your overnight accommodations for the music festival. It was a pleasure having you here. It seems that the Firefly Music Festival was a huge success and has already been confirmed for next year, the dates are June 21-23, 2013. We look forward to your visit again next year and if I can be of any assistance feel free to contact me.

Reviewed July 23, 2012

My friend and I arrived after midnight to the hotel. I had a horrible time sleeping because the ac was blowing hot air and the bed was so uncomfortable. I was woken up by my friend who was frantic because she was getting bitten. We turned on the lights and saw bed bugs crawling around the sheets. We packed up all our belonging in plastic trash bags because we were worried about bringing the bedbugs home. I complained to the hotel manager and his response was that the hotel was just renovated, what the heck does that have to do with bugs????!!! He took ten dollars of the room fee. What a disgrace! I will never stay in a Best Western again. As far as the renovations the manger spoke off, both the bedspreads had gross stains, the sheets were old and thin and the little chair near the bed was filled with stains. GROSS!!!!! Obviously room 111 was not renovated! I was really mad because I wanted to check out the pool and have the free breakfast that was included in the price but ended up running out off the place so fast because I was so freaked out!!!!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends
Joan P, Guest Relations Manager at Best Western Plus Newark/Christiana Inn, responded to this reviewResponded July 25, 2012

Hi Kathy:

I would like to apologize for the unfortunate experience you had here at the Best Western Plus. Upon your departure in the morning, we did have the room inspected by our professional pest control company and he did not find any issues with the room. We also had our maintenance person check the air conditioner in the room and he did not find a problem with it. We have since deep cleaned the room and it has been occupied since with no complaints. Best Western Plus does take any complaint serious and we do everything possible to make our guests have an enjoyable experience.

Reviewed July 23, 2012

I have stayed at the Best Western (and prior to that when it was an americinn) and this was one the best I have had. Ms. Payne (the manager) helped me get my accomadations and even helped when I found I needed to check in early. My room, the service, and the morning breakfast was great. I highly recommend staying here to everyone who visits Bear. Thanks again Joan and staff.
George Beam (the ref)

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank George B

Hi George:

It was great meeting you and I am glad I could help with your early check in. It seemed like you had a busy weekend. The management and staff of the Best Western Plus appreciates you taking the time to write such a nice review and we all strive to make every guest have an enjoyable experience. Thank you for recommending us and if you need any assistance in the future please do not hesitate to contact me.

Reviewed July 11, 2012

Hot Water must be on Demand as I never ran out of hot water. Nice time @ Pool & Spa, does get warm in the pool area though. The only reason I didn't give a 5 star, they ran out of milk at breakfast bar on both days over the weekend. Sad to see children eating dry cereal. Could provide more info within hotel that there are numerous stores & resturants due west of Route 1, other than the Dominos pizza. I will use this hotel again when I am in the area. Felt safe in the area after dark.

Room Tip: Double Queen rooms are a nice size. Room to move around within the room.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank tlbooz
Joan P, Guest Relations Manager at Best Western Plus Newark/Christiana Inn, responded to this reviewResponded July 19, 2012

Hi Becky:

Thank you for choosing the Best Western Plus for your overnight accommodations. Enjoyment of pool/spa area was nice to see. We are working on a binder that will have local information regarding leisure activities and restaurants and should have that completed soon, thank you for pointing that out as this will help with our future guests. I do apologize for the incident of the milk situation. We have since bought a second refridgerator so that issues does not arise again. Thank you again staying at the Best Western Plus, Bear, Delaware and taking your valuable time to imput a comment on Trip Advisor. We look forward to seeing you again in the near future

Reviewed July 6, 2012

Traveling for business, I was unable to stay at my "regular" hotel. I found an opening with this location and was just overwhelmed with their courtesy and cleanliness. The gentleman at the front desk took my reservation over the phone, worked an early check-in for me and made me feel so welcome. There was a large soccer tournament in the local area and many hotels were sold out; and while I did get lucky with one of two rooms left, I was not made to feel that I was intruding into the tournament guests.

The front desk gentleman was so helpful, and saw I was just exhausted from travel, worked with his housekeeping staff to get me into a room quickly. The room was clean, freshly vacuumed, the bathroom sparkled, and the bed was immaculate. Those are my top three checks: floor, bathrom and bed (including checking the sheets). I was also informed the hotel had just finished a full renovation within the past 6 months and I have to say, from the lobby to my room - everything was superb!

Finally, as I was finishing my check-in process, the front desk gentleman also made sure I was aware of their breakfast hours and what I would find on their breakfast bar. While I decided against eating, I did check it out and the food looked very hot, well made and there were several drink options of juice, milk and coffee. I did have a coffee and it was YUMMY.

If you want a solid, family hotel or are traveling for business - this is your stop! I wish I had wrote the Front Desk gentleman's name down; his customer service and attention to me as guest was outstanding. Just Wow!

I am now planning to make this hotel my new regular hotel!

Room Tip: If possible, ask for a room away from the elevator. And open your drapes - let the sunshine in! My r...
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
Management response:Responded July 11, 2012

Hi Gina:

Thank you for taking the time responding with such a great compliment on the Best Western Plus Newark/Christiana Inn. A positive comment on our Front Desk Agent who made you feel welcome and was accommodating to your needs with an early check in is very inspiring and drives enthusiasm to our staff. It is great to hear you enjoyed your stay and planned on using the Best Western Plus as your regular hotel. We all here strive to make every guest experience enjoyable so they are loyal to our hotel and brand. Thank you for staying with us and we look forward to seeing you again in the near future.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Bear
Comfort Inn and Suites
Comfort Inn and Suites
#4 of 24 in Newark
Hilton Wilmington / Christiana
Red Roof Inn & Suites Newark - University
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Wilmington-Newark
Hampton Inn & Suites Wilmington Christiana
Ramada Newark/Wilmington

Been to Best Western Plus Newark/Christiana Inn? Share your experiences!